NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Nov 29, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #1,171 of 4,971
  The way this works is you pull it out of the box, plug it in, and immediately post 1,000-plus words of impressions after getting through two songs. Get with the program.

seriously man! Not to hard now is it :3 

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #1,172 of 4,971
  Good news and bad news.

Good news - I received my Vali today, right on target for an extended listening experience with the Vali over the long weekend.

Bad news - Schiit heads sent me the wrong AC power adaptor. Rated at 115V when it should have been 220V. 
mad.gif

Looks like I'll have to wait another week to be able to listen to the Vali.

Exactly the same situation for me in London

I got mine yesterday. Wrong adapter.  I double checked, I had ordered the correct one.

It's too bad as I was really looking forward to using it.

With the Thanksgiving holidays in the US, I'll probably be waiting until mid-late next week.

I also ordered the upgrades for the Bifrost, which will keep me busy until the Vali adapter arrives.

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #1,173 of 4,971
I ordered a Magni 220v and got the wrong 115v adapter as well.

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #1,175 of 4,971
They covered shipping and did't ask to send the wrong one back.

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #1,180 of 4,971
I was able to briefly demo my 650 with the vali, and I have to say they shine.  I was considering selling the 650s to a colleague, but after this I'm not so sure.  More demoing required.

Interesting design btw.  Class A tube pre with an undervolted plate for very low THD and long lifespan, class A/B solid state power stage.  Filtering is top notch.  This sounds amazing and the engineering is A+

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #1,181 of 4,971
Thank you for showing the pic with it lit up, looks great!

Thank you for the info, and I am not sure how, but I must have missed the pic you're speaking of so I apologize for that.

From like page 5ish

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #1,182 of 4,971
Nov 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #1,183 of 4,971
  @kstuart, how is the Vali vs. the HA540(assuming you have rolled the tube, upgraded the power source).  Thanks in advance.

I'm hoping to do that comparison this weekend - I want to let the Vali reach the burn-in recommended by Schiit before I do a comparison, that's only fair.

I did upgrade the power source slightly to the other wall adapter sold by Bellari, it makes a small difference.  The use of a single 12AX7 tube in the Bellari made for an easy and fun way to try tube rolling for the first time - the summary is that I found 1960s German (Telefunken,Siemens) and British (Mullard) to be the best for the music I prefer (where imaging and micro-detail are important).  The Bellari HA-540 thread has a longer tube comparison.

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #1,185 of 4,971
Got mine today, and it sounds fine with my HD650. Sadly the noise floor is to loud to use with anything else I own. In the end the right channel is crazy microphonic. Even just touching the volume control makes it ring quite loudly. Having it on the table top of my slightly shaky table and typing on the laptop makes is resonate as well...
The left channel is pretty quiet unless a really tap the top of the amp, it seems the left channel resonates at about 4 times the frequency of the right channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back