NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Jan 10, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #2,836 of 4,971
Yeah, beating a dead horse for sure.

Over and over and over and well over....

Talk about the sound once you get past your tiiing noise so we can get more impressions up in this thread. :)

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #2,838 of 4,971
Yep. I found it unacceptable, or at least annoying. Great amp though. The more I listen to it the more I love it.

Me too! I've had mine 4 days now and replaced the stock cable on my Philips X1s. I noticed a very slight change, a little bit more sparkle in the higher frequencies but that's all the difference I could tell. The bass is soooooooo goooooood when paired with the X1s. Love it.

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #2,839 of 4,971
Well I started to notice that around every 8 minutes I get a weird signal/popping noise that lasts for around 5 seconds. I'm not sure if it's my computer making that noise or the amp but I really don't want to send this one back if I don't have to. Has anyone else experienced this? If anything, I'm going to wait a few more days to see if it subsides. 

I really don't like making negative posts but besides this I've really been enjoying the amp. 

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #2,840 of 4,971
  Well I started to notice that around every 8 minutes I get a weird signal/popping noise that lasts for around 5 seconds. I'm not sure if it's my computer making that noise or the amp but I really don't want to send this one back if I don't have to. Has anyone else experienced this? If anything, I'm going to wait a few more days to see if it subsides. 

I really don't like making negative posts but besides this I've really been enjoying the amp. 

Try it with a different source and see if it is coming from your computer.

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #2,842 of 4,971
  I would tell you to use the "Search This Thread" feature in the forums, as it is incredibly useful, BUT!!! Since every page in this thread is about micro-phonics, you're SOL... btw, there is no solving micro-phonics, its a feature on the Vali :wink:

Yea how ever many of the new versions seems to have less issues. It's always going to have the Mircophonics but, there's a lot less now on the newer models than the older. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #2,843 of 4,971
  I started to yell obscenities and expletives because this thread keeps repeating itself over and over in regards to "micro-phonics". The funny thing is my Vali started ringing because of me yelling! hahahahahaha... Oh the Irony :p

I went to my doctor because I had tinnitus in my right ear but only when using the Vali. He suggested getting a second Vali for my left ear.

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #2,844 of 4,971

I would tell you to use the "Search This Thread" feature in the forums, as it is incredibly useful, BUT!!! Since every page in this thread is about micro-phonics, you're SOL... btw, there is no solving micro-phonics, its a feature on the Vali :wink:

Yea how ever many of the new versions seems to have less issues. It's always going to have the Mircophonics but, there's a lot less now on the newer models than the older. 

That's misinformation. Schiit have simply introduced an extra step in quality control to pre-bend the tube pins. There isn't a new version or model.

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #2,845 of 4,971
That's misinformation. Schiit have simply introduced an extra step in quality control to pre-bend the tube pins. There isn't a new version or model.

^This

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #2,846 of 4,971
Ant his is something that we can all do with the older models.  I did this to mine with some success. I just took the top off, gently lifted the tubes and used a plastic coated paper clip to gently bend the leads.. pushed the tubes back down and put the top back on.  Pretty simple.

Quote:

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #2,847 of 4,971

i did it too, helps, a little microphonics doesn't really bother me
compared to the noise that one can get from bravo's, g3's, little dots(on occasion) the minor inconvenience of waiting less than a minute for the glorious sound the vali is capable of, is a small price to pay ! and when you pay so little, who gives a schiit !! lol

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #2,848 of 4,971

True enough but if they are tightening up their QC then I'd call that a revision, not a huge one but it's obviously having a noticeable effect, besides they are making an active physical change... I'd call that a revision. still thank you for the correction 

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #2,849 of 4,971
I can buy a used Magni from a friend for $70 or a new Vali. I plan to use them with a -12dbA attenuator with a GR07. Sound wise, which do most of you prefer? 
I feel like, since the GR07 are fairly neutral, the Vali would make it sound slightly different, which would be cool, but the price on the Magni is really awesome.

Jan 11, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #2,850 of 4,971
  I can buy a used Magni from a friend for $70 or a new Vali. I plan to use them with a -12dbA attenuator with a GR07. Sound wise, which do most of you prefer? 
I feel like, since the GR07 are fairly neutral, the Vali would make it sound slightly different, which would be cool, but the price on the Magni is really awesome.

true... depends on you though

Try out the Magni, that's a nice price on it :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back