New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
Sep 27, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #513 of 644
I cannot get it to fit properly so I think it's unfair for me to comment on the sound as I don't believe I have any sort of a seal. 

What I can say though, these are extremely power hungry and insensitive. On my AK120 with my JH16, I cannot exceed 40 in volume but with 3DD, I need around 55-60 for proper volume

Sep 28, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #515 of 644
  Just how many hoops am I supposed to jump through?  This would have been my fourth set of customs so I do understand how things are done.  My experience has also given me benchmarks of customer service that I can measure against.

A few notes to strengthen my case:

1 - When I first placed my order, immediately after the 3DD promotion began I paid via the UM Global site.  I did not get issued an electronic receipt until a few days later after I had e-mailed and requested one.

2 - The promotion was handled poorly with conflicting information about whether or not it was even being offered or had been cancelled (the first red flag).

3 - Responses to my e-mails can be quick but they can also be extemely slow (more than a week).  Communication is sporadic.  After asking for a refund all communication has ceased.

4 - My status was not updated on their website.  I pointed this out and they told me they would update it.  They did not.

5 - Some people who have ordered 3DD's after I did have already recieved theirs.

6 - The wait times have become unreasonable.  Communication is non-exisistent.

I don't believe I'm overreacting.  When someone takes your money and doesn't deliver the promised product in a reasonable amount of time they're not fulfilling their end of the contract.  I don't believe 12 weeks is reasonable.  My basis for comparison is my dealings with Custom Art, Clear Tunes and JH Audio.

I will never purchase from UM Aus again. They have not replied a single of my emails since my Miracles went back for reshell.
However, UM labs are excellent and here's their email:
info@uniquemelody.org

Sep 29, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #516 of 644
Update:

So the bass in this thing is beyond ridiculous. It's great for me because I love bass, but I think it will be overwhelming for those who are not so fond of the low end.

But I have to echo what was stated previously, the cable connection couldn't be any worse. It detaches way too easily and sometimes by moving my head, the connection can get loose. Definitely poor design. The color is also awful, not as vibrant as the website shows.

But I do love the sound, I purchased it mainly because I love dynamic drivers and the kind of punch and air it can deliver. 3DD definitely hasn't disappointed me in that end.

I genuinely despise it's aesthetics and the cable design. And getting a seal with this thing is almost impossible.

Sep 29, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #517 of 644
Look someone else got theirs.  I can't even get a response to e-mails.

Aside from Air Canada I can't think of a single other company I have ever dealt with who are so epically unprofessional.  The entire cocnept of business ethics is so beyond their reach it's like trying to exlplain algerbra to a poodle.

And now I'm reading about the loose cable problem.  I was told by UM Global that's a myth.  Golly gee, were they telling more lies?

Sep 29, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #518 of 644
  Look someone else got theirs.  I can't even get a response to e-mails.

Aside from Air Canada I can't think of a single other company I have ever dealt with who are so epically unprofessional.  The entire cocnept of business ethics is so beyond their reach it's like trying to exlplain algerbra to a poodle.

And now I'm reading about the loose cable problem.  I was told by UM Global that's a myth.  Golly gee, were they telling more lies?

the cable thing, I believe it was posted here long time ago. UM Global sounds like it's crap right now. I'm glad I ordered with Stephen. Good luck man

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #520 of 644
Some pics first:

My subjective impression on 3DD:

As far as custom-driven IEMs go, I've listened to Heir Audio 3.Ai/4Ai, UERM, Hidition NT6, Aurisonics ASG2, and Earsonics SM64. And clearly, 3DD is the best CIEM I've ever experienced: Wide frequency extension, low distortion, and linear frequency response.. Can't expect much better than this if Hi-Fidelity in-the-ear is of a concern. While the treble is crystal-clear with many layers of tangible texture, the presence of mid-range is so articulate, the subtle modulation shift in the vocal quality between the singer's breaths is easily heard. Since the IEM is pretty much free of harmonic components, I can't say the sound is a good source of rich overtones.

And most importantly, 3DD shines the most at reproducing the low frequency range. While its proprietary magnetic tuner, which is located at the back of the woofer, lets the users customize the level of bass with high accuracy, the deep sub-bass is sufficiently sustained relative to the level of mid-bass, and secures a good subjective bass. Such feat is especially important when it comes down to hitting the lowest note, such as that of a double-bass, contrabass bugle, or a simple kick-drum without being masked by the upper frequency components. In that regard, 3DD does quite a satisfying job, and its bass quality shall only be comparable to that of pinhole-modded UE900(red damper), or STAX SR-003. 

For more impression & electroacoustic measurement data, please refer to my blog.

Sep 29, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #521 of 644
Update:

So the bass in this thing is beyond ridiculous. It's great for me because I love bass, but I think it will be overwhelming for those who are not so fond of the low end.

But I have to echo what was stated previously, the cable connection couldn't be any worse. It detaches way too easily and sometimes by moving my head, the connection can get loose. Definitely poor design. The color is also awful, not as vibrant as the website shows.

But I do love the sound, I purchased it mainly because I love dynamic drivers and the kind of punch and air it can deliver. 3DD definitely hasn't disappointed me in that end.

I genuinely despise it's aesthetics and the cable design. And getting a seal with this thing is almost impossible.

I like the SQ from UM 3 DD
If you can find synergy with portable you will enjoy more , as you hear from bookshelf speaker

As I mentioned before the minus point is the cable design , it is very easy loose from the ear pieces and my after market cable doesn't fix properly like from whiplash audio twag Twcu v2 , this whiplash is my after market cable for my um miracle .
I worry if I press the whiplash down , the um 3 dd stock cable will become more loose

Any one has experience with after market cable ?

Sep 29, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #522 of 644
Some pics first:

My subjective impression on 3DD:

As far as custom-driven IEMs go, I've listened to Heir Audio 3.Ai/4Ai, UERM, Hidition NT6, Aurisonics ASG2, and Earsonics SM64. And clearly, 3DD is the best CIEM I've ever experienced: Wide frequency extension, low distortion, and linear frequency response.. Can't expect much better than this if Hi-Fidelity in-the-ear is of a concern. While the treble is crystal-clear with many layers of tangible texture, the presence of mid-range is so articulate, the subtle modulation shift in the vocal quality between the singer's breaths is easily heard. Since the IEM is pretty much free of harmonic components, I can't say the sound is a good source of rich overtones.

And most importantly, 3DD shines the most at reproducing the low frequency range. While its proprietary magnetic tuner, which is located at the back of the woofer, lets the users customize the level of bass with high accuracy, the deep sub-bass is sufficiently sustained relative to the level of mid-bass, and secures a good subjective bass. Such feat is especially important when it comes down to hitting the lowest note, such as that of a double-bass, contrabass bugle, or a simple kick-drum without being masked by the upper frequency components. In that regard, 3DD does quite a satisfying job, and its bass quality shall only be comparable to that of pinhole-modded UE900(red damper), or STAX SR-003. 

For more impression & electroacoustic measurement data, please refer to my blog.

I am agree with your impression
If you find the synergy with portable amp and source , you become more SQ from your 3 DD

Oct 3, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #523 of 644
An excerpt from a UM Global letter I just received: "You are an extremely valued client of ours and we absolutely cannot wait to get these in ear monitors into your ears.  As we’re sure you are aware, UMLab, where all of our IEM’s are manufactured has been recently swamped with orders and without prior notice, lead times for custom IEM builds have been extended to well over 14 to 18 weeks, roughly 3 to 4 times our standard lead time."

Please, everyone interested in a custom IEM, save yourself some grief and choose another manufacturer of which there are many.  Customer service and the ability to deliver a product within a reasonable time frame coupled with decent communication throughout should be expected.

The letter I got was a form letter.  My request to cancel the order has so far been wilfully ignored.

I also contacted UM Labs who replied once asking for details of my order and now have fallen equally silent.

This isn't just UM Global, the entire company is obviously dysfunctional and riddled with issues.  These are not people you want to give a large sum of money.  Note that they have had my payment since the 4th of May 2013.

If you're willing to wait 6 months or more for a product you may or may not recieve go for it... everyone else be warned.  UM has become the new Alien Ears.

Oct 3, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #524 of 644
Being quite a supporter of Stephen Guo, it is quite sad to see his hard work go nto waste due to the incompetence of others at UM. UM global and Australia should have IMPECCABLE customer service as they only handle sales and customer service....and yet they fail miserably it seems. They shall soon discover that hell hath no fury like an audiophile scorned.

Oct 3, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #525 of 644
It is really sad to see what is happenning at UM. It also sad to see the customers are sufferring like that. I don't have any ciem from them (yet) but these things I read here already discouraged me and wiped out all the good things I had read before.

Well, I wish patience and good luck to Deviltooth, I really feel sorry for him.

Also I wish whatever they need to UM to fix their problems and get on the correct track again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back