New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
Sep 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #498 of 644
  Deviltooth,

did you order through Stephen?

Well I ordered through Stephen and at this isolated and only experience I have I cannot recommend this either.  I suspect things are beyond Stephen's control but I would expect to better informed with some commitment to deliver the fully paid for product.

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #499 of 644
I think people would do well to be careful about ordering from UM right now.  The claim is they're 'slammed with orders' but they're still taking money and it's questionable how many CIEMs are being delivered.  After another day with no reply to my attempt to cancel I'm wondering if my investment has disappeared.

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #500 of 644

Well I ordered through Stephen and at this isolated and only experience I have I cannot recommend this either.  I suspect things are beyond Stephen's control but I would expect to better informed with some commitment to deliver the fully paid for product.

definitely. that said, I have no problem with Stephen, he's more than helpful and at the very least, replies within VERY reasonable timeframe (couple of hours). It's really unfortunate how UM deals with this. I have no problem with waiting if I was told I have to wait from the get go.

Sep 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #501 of 644
It has now been over a week since I left Unique Melody a message attempting to cancel my order.  There has been no response.

I believe that this is a company of thieves and con artists.  I paid for a 3DD back in May and have nothing to show for it.

I strongly reccomend anyone considering Unique Melody look to a different company to provide your CIEMs and reshells.  This is not how a business should function.  You may be luckier than I am, but you very likely may not.

P.S. If anyone here is able to contact the UM Labs in China directly please send me some mail telling me how this can be accomplished.

Sep 24, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #502 of 644
It has now been over a week since I left Unique Melody a message attempting to cancel my order.  There has been no response.

I believe that this is a company of thieves and con artists.  I paid for a 3DD back in May and have nothing to show for it.

I strongly reccomend anyone considering Unique Melody look to a different company to provide your CIEMs and reshells.  This is not how a business should function.  You may be luckier than I am, but you very likely may not.

P.S. If anyone here is able to contact the UM Labs in China directly please send me some mail telling me how this can be accomplished.

Try reach out to stephanguo at live.com and see if he can point you to the right direction. Make sure though you state clearly you didn't purchase from him but just writing to seek help... hope it got resolved quickly.

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #503 of 644
My best guess is that they decided to roll out mass production on their 3D printer before they've even mastered its controls and figured out how to get good yields with it. They probably wanted to start monetizing on it right away just because these printers cost $$$$$$, but instead their QC is suffering because they probably don't know how to work it properly.

The other aspect is that UM's distribution network is a mess. There are way too many people vying for the same pie, and when one single lab is taking orders from four, five distributors, it's no wonder they'd get confused which is what. The distributors are also being too aggressive with their pre-orders; they take a ton of orders, probably because UM Lab doesn't restrict the number of orders, and so now there's a massive log jam. This happens when the central lab doesn't properly regulate how distributors handle orders.

Last is that people still want to do things the traditional way, with pretty colored shells, elaborate artwork and stuff like that, instead of the plain clear/white/black/beige colors that 3D printers do. Handling so many orders in such a short time is indeed "slamming" them.

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #504 of 644
That sounds like an accurate set of assumptions and would explain the current sad state of affairs.  Excepting the issues with UM Global's abysmal customer service which can't be excused.

If you can't deliver the products within a reasonable time frame (reasonable for customs being under 8 week) then moneys should be refunded and they should not still be taking orders.

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #505 of 644

Now that's a bit too much. You sure you tried to contact them with all the means available? For some reason the customers here in my country still  have their custom made within good timeframe (~12 weeks, UM standard).

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #506 of 644

Now that's a bit too much. You sure you tried to contact them with all the means available? For some reason the customers here in my country still  have their custom made within good timeframe (~12 weeks, UM standard).

Just how many hoops am I supposed to jump through?  This would have been my fourth set of customs so I do understand how things are done.  My experience has also given me benchmarks of customer service that I can measure against.

A few notes to strengthen my case:

1 - When I first placed my order, immediately after the 3DD promotion began I paid via the UM Global site.  I did not get issued an electronic receipt until a few days later after I had e-mailed and requested one.

2 - The promotion was handled poorly with conflicting information about whether or not it was even being offered or had been cancelled (the first red flag).

3 - Responses to my e-mails can be quick but they can also be extemely slow (more than a week).  Communication is sporadic.  After asking for a refund all communication has ceased.

4 - My status was not updated on their website.  I pointed this out and they told me they would update it.  They did not.

5 - Some people who have ordered 3DD's after I did have already recieved theirs.

6 - The wait times have become unreasonable.  Communication is non-exisistent.

I don't believe I'm overreacting.  When someone takes your money and doesn't deliver the promised product in a reasonable amount of time they're not fulfilling their end of the contract.  I don't believe 12 weeks is reasonable.  My basis for comparison is my dealings with Custom Art, Clear Tunes and JH Audio.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #507 of 644
Hi All,

I do need to apologize for the long waiting time for 3DD that you guys are experiencing. 

The good news is that for those who placed 3DD orders before September, your orders will be shipped by October 10th at the latest. 

For those who still have questions, feel free to email or pm me. 

For those who want to cancel their orders, there's nothing I can do except contacting the person to whom you paid. 

Stephen

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #508 of 644
Hi All,

I do need to apologize for the long waiting time for 3DD that you guys are experiencing. 

The good news is that for those who placed 3DD orders before September, your orders will be shipped by October 10th at the latest. 

For those who still have questions, feel free to email or pm me. 

For those who want to cancel their orders, there's nothing I can do except contacting the person to whom you paid. 

Stephen

Thanks Stephen for the update. Great news!!! :D

Looking forward to receiving mine in another 2 weeks... countdown commenced!

Sep 26, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #509 of 644
Received my u3DD today!!! how exciting :D

Will review and upload photos when I get a min.

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #510 of 644
Received my u3DD today!!! how exciting :D

Will review and upload photos when I get a min.

Finally?! Hope I am seeing mine very soon too. Did you receive any shipping notice/tracking number in advance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back