New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
May 2, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #137 of 644
For anyone who didn't get the email, here is the main information in a tl;dr version:
  1. Sent on the 26th of April 2013
  2. The discounted pre-orders have NOT begun yet (it states they were supposed to start early this week 
    confused_face.gif
    )
  3. The discounted pre-order will last 7 days
  4. The construction of your IEM's, regardless of whether you pre-ordered, will NOT begin until the IEM is officially launched.

And here is the full text:

[size=large]THE PRE-ORDER IS COMING.

[size=x-small]26 APRIL, 2013[/size]

[size=small]Hi there, 

Thanks for signing up to our 3DD email updates. We're almost there. We're going to launch our 3DD within the next month, and to say thanks for being loyal followers, and being willing to sign yourself up to our spam, we're letting you know, in advance of our upcoming discounted pre-order

This pre order will only be open for a limited time, opening early next week and lasting for 7 days, so now is the time to start thinking about your design and colors! 

A few things to note. We have assigned one promo code per person that has signed up to our mailing list. Each promo code can only be used once per account. After this discounted pre-order is closed, our 3DD will go back to the standard retail price of $600USD

You'll be able to place your order here -http://www.uniquemelodyshop.com/ 

Remember, like our Facebook, like our Instagram (@uniquemelody_) and forward this email to your friends. 

[size=large]HEADS UP.[/size]

Finally, we will not begin construction of your IEM until the3DD has officially launched. This means that you shouldn't expect your 3DD back within the next few weeks, even if we already have your ear impressions. Just a heads up,we will not begin construction until the IEM is officially launched!

[size=large]GET DESIGNING.[/size]

Anyway, get thinking, get your design on. 
Get Lucky

[/size]

[size=small]Love[/size] 

[size=small]UM[/size] 

[size=small]xoxo[/size]
[/size]  

May 2, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #138 of 644
Really interested in this but I am in the dark about the ports for these. The whole point of having a custom iem is to have near to perfect isolation and not make people mad in public with sound leakage. I wonder what that is going to look like with 3DD

May 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #139 of 644
Quote:
Really interested in this but I am in the dark about the ports for these. The whole point of having a custom iem is to have near to perfect isolation and not make people mad in public with sound leakage. I wonder what that is going to look like with 3DD

That's not the whole point of a custom iem at all.

No, you do not get "perfect" isolation with ciems, not even close.

No, a vented dynamic isn't at all like an open headphone in terms of sound leakage.

May 2, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #142 of 644
Still thinking about this one..
Sent an email to custom-iem to ask about paying for the extra faceplate options, kinda unsure about how that'll work

May 2, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #144 of 644
Quote:
That's not the whole point of a custom iem at all.

No, you do not get "perfect" isolation with ciems, not even close.

No, a vented dynamic isn't at all like an open headphone in terms of sound leakage.

For some people, that's the main point of a CIEM.  (I'm not one of them either.)  

To each, their own.

May 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #146 of 644
Still waiting for a FR chart or even just a few words on how this will sound...

May 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #147 of 644
Quote:
Still waiting for a FR chart or even just a few words on how this will sound...

Agreed. I would even go mad and order while there is a preorder discount but, not a single clue was given related to how do they sound. V shaped or flat or mid centric etc.

However I also have problems about on to go use of these. If they really take wind in and doesn't isolate like other iems as well as leak sound. It wouldn't be the perfect choice for on to go use I am afraid.

May 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #148 of 644
Yeah I wouldn't throw down $400 for phones that I have no idea what they'll sound like. I wonder if UM is still doing substantial tweaks to the sound, hence no description whatsoever of the intended presentation?

May 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #149 of 644
I don't know about the sound either but for what it's worth - my Merlin (with the vent) has less isolation that other customs and wind noise becomes a problem. Sound leakage is audible but only in a near-silent environment, and even then it's only audible from less than a foot away, while playing really loud music. 

Having said that, pretty much every other Merlin user I've heard from says their sets have great isolation on par with other (non vented) customs. They say wind noise is no issue and neither is leakage. So maybe this is all a non-issue for the new model. 

May 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #150 of 644
Very interesting - everyone that subscribed to the UM newsletter was to get a special code in order to receive a special discount on the DDD Univ/CIEM - Now any Tom, Dick, or Harold can go to the website and get 20% off. And no mention of any of this via email from UM. I would hope that the email eventually arrives and we are given the entire window of opportunity to make the purchase decision. If one was not a member of Head-Fi, the current 20% discount might have gone unnoticed. Maybe it is because I am in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back