New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
Feb 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #32 of 644
I'm not gonna judge until I herd the thing. Just sayin'
The concept was pretty interesting enough tho.

Feb 17, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #35 of 644
Had my finger on the trigger for some other hardware, but this interesting developement has me holstering my cards.

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #36 of 644
Quote:
Had my finger on the trigger for some other hardware, but this interesting developement has me holstering my cards.

Keep in mind that audio products tend to come out several months or more after the announced date.

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #37 of 644
Keep in mind that audio products tend to come out several months or more after the announced date.

Yup, and the difference between what I was about to spend and what these will likely cost is several hundred dollars difference, so those months will afford me the time to save and to rethink my other purchases.

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #38 of 644
Been a lurker for years and signed up today. Okay- I know I'm probably going to be slammed and lambasted for utter newbness, but how would these sound compared to a pair of Shure SE530 IEMs? That is, going off what we would expect from the specs available.

Feb 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #39 of 644
Quote:
Been a lurker for years and signed up today. Okay- I know I'm probably going to be slammed and lambasted for utter newbness, but how would these sound compared to a pair of Shure SE530 IEMs? That is, going off what we would expect from the specs available.

We're all in the same boat; we can really only wait and see...

Feb 22, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #40 of 644
Quote:

You'd expect that there will be a significant difference in the delivery of the sound in that the SE530 is a triple balanced armature IEM, while these are to be triple dynamic. Dynamic = vented, which usually means a more impactful sound (especially on bass frequencies) where the listener "feels" moving air. Balanced armatures in general tend to have less of this feeling/impact, but are also known for their "precision" of sound reproduction, especially in higher frequencies. 

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #41 of 644
Thanks, that's a brilliant response. I just thought that since Unique Melody are really at the top of the game that the quality in drivers alone would set the IEMs far apart. I guess as Mython said, you can't really know or rely on assumptions at this stage. I can imagine isolation would be better as a custom mould, but other than that I suppose the difference between balanced and dynamic is all we can know for sure.

I love the 'liquid gold' sound of the Shure SE530, so if this ends up any more than $500 I might opt for the Miracle. Either way I'm eagerly awaiting the release/reviews of this as well. Thanks again.

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #42 of 644
Thanks, that's a brilliant response. I just thought that since Unique Melody are really at the top of the game that the quality in drivers alone would set the IEMs far apart. I guess as Mython said, you can't really know or rely on assumptions at this stage. I can imagine isolation would be better as a custom mould, but other than that I suppose the difference between balanced and dynamic is all we can know for sure.

I love the 'liquid gold' sound of the Shure SE530, so if this ends up any more than $500 I might opt for the Miracle. Either way I'm eagerly awaiting the release/reviews of this as well. Thanks again.
I went from 530 to Miracle and it is a VERY different sound sig. I love it though. I also had the 530 reshelled by UM with 3 more drivers and that sounds nice too, with closer sound sig...

Feb 22, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #45 of 644
Hmmmmm and a 10% discount code on the new UK site that's valid across the whole range..

Subbed..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back