New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival 2013
Nov 17, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #106 of 339
Ultrasone is not Picasso..
lol lol

O M G

My post was sooo naive!

Hearing is believing...

The Ultrasone sound does not work for "All" types of ears...BUT..

For mine it does with ed8 and check out my signature for comments on all the cans I tried I can stay with the ed8 & be happy so I am interested in these ed5...

Nov 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #107 of 339
Ultrasone is not Picasso..
"Beats" are not the target market for us either, yet
We can still point out the obvious poor value to price ratio and declare our sanity over the absurd!
This is the best way to put it that I can try to accept.
Because otherwise this scenario reminds me of the story " look at the emperor's new clothes" when he actually had no clothes on...

So to point out the obvious (insane pricing) is it bashing? Or pointing the finger?
I think common sense should be voiced when "the absurd' is promoted and so what makes Ultrasone deserve special treatment?
haha! There is the obvious.
Sounds like your exactly "on pont".
Ultrasone becoming another "pretty looker"..
A "monster beats" for audiophiles..
Looks like same direction.
Appearance over innovation for a claimed "Flag ship" of limited production proclaiming "best sound".

Good sounding at that price should be a "given", not an exception..
So does the sound reflect the price?
How about materials?
A "collectors item" using cheap wood?
No fancy laquer?
Hmm lets see... Metals and composite plastics are not expensive either..
Hmmm maybe it's the driver?
Any new technology & research involved?
Is it anything new besides just the housing and design tweaks?
Hmmmm
Seems to me for the price they ask, it could be made out of pure silver or gold and still cost less
tongue.gif

The quantity produced is absurd.
The price is absurd.
The policy of no returns(!),
That makes it obvious they know it's absurd for whatever reasons! (there are so many!)
I dissagree..Why not? Everything has a value. The common consensus is, that the price is absurd, so why avoid the obvious?
Why do you belittle your right to voice an opinion, by saying "Who am I to judge" ? ..
We are not in court.
This is an open forum to express.
You are an individual and a consumer with every right to judge and voice your opinion.
So why not state the obvious.
Is Ultrazone any more special than "beats" that they should be given special treatment?
Why not?
Arent they promoting it as having the "BEST SOUND"...(!)
Arentw they making it out to be very special and desirable?
NO... Audio technica produces a real quality product you can justify in either materials and sound or both, and they don't proclaim they are the BEST SOUND
tongue.gif

Having an opinion or an insight shouldn't be viewed as such when You also want your opinion expressed Just as important in such a long post.
Your playing on both sides of the fence now.
To my understanding, you are trying to nullify the obvious and the critics, while being a crusader for yourself and for ultrazone or any other company showing obvious dubious tactics.

Ultrazone can do what they like, so also we can do the same.
We can choose to EXPOSE what we feel are their faults, like pricing and quality control
tongue.gif

And, WHY NOT?
What good is your intellect if not to use it to see what tactics others are doing?

People have a right to point out the obvious, and the absurd, of which there are many against the ultrazone direction..
Why cant we verbally "slap the hand" of a spoiled company ?
The squeeky wheel gets the oil right?
How else are we going to get them to "change their ways"?

......you know you really want one.

Nov 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #108 of 339
BTW. the wood is from bog oak trunks, IE. the wood is conserved without contact to air for a period between 600 and 8500 years. This wood is also very colored and extremely hard. So this Wood should be at least very rare and expensive. Nobody would ever make fire with it.

Nov 17, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #109 of 339
  BTW. the wood is from bog oak trunks, IE. the wood is conserved without contact to air for a period between 600 and 8500 years. This wood is also very colored and extremely hard. So this Wood should be at least very rare and expensive. Nobody would ever make fire with it.

but the Monster Diamond Tears is only $250 
wink_face.gif

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #110 of 339
Nov 17, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #111 of 339
Arent they promoting it as having the "BEST SOUND"...(!)

I'm also sure that they have claimed that...
1. the S-Logic works as it should work 
wink.gif
and...
2. electromagnetic waves from our headphones harm our health. Hahahaha.

The harsh reality:
1. Dr. Florian Königs' "scientific" works are pure fabrication.
2. None of Ultrasone technologies works as it should work.
3. Each of the limited Ultrasone headphones have a lot of (non-linear) distortions* and unpleasant linear distortion (emphasizing sibilants).

So...
this cute picture is just for you, Ultrasone:
[Rude pix deleted by mod]

----------
* Echo, audible ringing, pure transparency, harsh sounds at high frequencies and so on.

Nov 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #112 of 339
wink.gif
and...

The harsh reality:
3. Each of the limited Ultrasone headphones have a lot of (non-linear) distortions* and unpleasant linear distortion (emphasizing sibilants).

So...

----------
* Echo, audible ringing, pure transparency, harsh sounds at high frequencies and so on.

Chaps, give it a rest. If these headphones aren't for you so be it. If they are, feel free to contribute here. I honestly don't see the point of berating brand cos it's not going to get this thread anywhere. Feel free to do that at your local pub but please don't do it here.

Nov 18, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #113 of 339
wink.gif
and...

The harsh reality:

So...

----------

NO need to bash the entire company.  Have you ever listened to their Signature line?  They are the best sounding closed headphones made (IMHO) and sound nothing like the generalizations you have espoused above.

Nov 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #114 of 339
Typical generalizations gleamed from a graph you have done nothing to create does and claims that you know better then someone who actually fabricated a headphone company only serves to perpetuate false notions. If you can't build a headphone such as ultrasones exactly then you don't know what a ultrasone headphones are not to mention what they are capable of. Besides your own opinion

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #115 of 339

I do.

I buy it by the tonne and burn it because it doesn't 'spit'.  I think my house insurance even insists on using it when burning an open fire as I have a thatched roof.

Although I can buy bog oak cheaply, as it is found in the fields around me in abundance, I do not for one minute question the beauty of it when cut and polished as Ultrasone have done on the Ed5.  I am totally aware of the effect of long planks 'colouring' sound, as in violin backs or a piano sound board, I am not certain of the difference bog oak would make over other available materials.

Can't wait to hear a pair before I comment on their sound.
I couldn't comment on their value until then.

Regards

Sceptre

Nov 18, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #116 of 339
THIS will be the Second disappointment from ultrasone!i love the Edition 7,9.8!but since the edition 10,12 and now 5 are the Wrong DIRECTION from ultrasone!in my opinion the best Phones from ultrasone are past!regards

I missed it...why's 12 the wrong direction?

I would like to know as well!

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/ultrasone-edition-10-page-2

The video is my hands down favorite headphone video of all time. 

Working up the chain of headphones Ultrasone has to offer I found each step up wasn't necessarily a "better" headphone, just a slightly "different" sound that all hovered near their "house" sound. Seems they're just releasing the Edition 8 over and over again to pull more money out of a similar driver to their lower offerings. 

Nov 18, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #117 of 339
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/ultrasone-edition-10-page-2

The video is my hands down favorite headphone video of all time. 

Working up the chain of headphones Ultrasone has to offer I found each step up wasn't necessarily a "better" headphone, just a slightly "different" sound that all hovered near their "house" sound. Seems they're just releasing the Edition 8 over and over again to pull more money out of a similar driver to their lower offerings. 

That's for the Ed10 which use may understand but why is Ultrasone heading the wrong path with Ed12?

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #119 of 339
Quote:
  NO need to bash the entire company.  Have you ever listened to their Signature line?  They are the best sounding closed headphones made (IMHO) and sound nothing like the generalizations you have espoused above.

Note that I wrote about only limited Ultrasone headphones. I know that both of Signature headphones are very decent.

Typical generalizations gleamed from a graph you have done nothing to create does and claims that you know better then someone who actually fabricated a headphone company only serves to perpetuate false notions. If you can't build a headphone such as ultrasones exactly then you don't know what a ultrasone headphones are not to mention what they are capable of. Besides your own opinion

It sounds like: "If you can't create <any product> then you shouldn't blame somebody that anybody produce s... not the best thing". I don't agree with it. I have enough qualification to understand that the claims of Dr. Koenigs about his technologies are just a hoax. And I don't like it! So why I shouldn't bash the quack company? Have you heard anything about freedom of speech?

You can read some more information about it here:
http://rinchoi.blogspot.ru/2010/11/ultrasones-headphone-technologies.html
and here:
http://rinchoi.blogspot.ru/2013/08/ultrasone-hfi-780-and-s-logic.html

P.S. Of course I heard limited Ultrasone headphones, but I didn't hear any other headphones of this company. Actually I can listen to almost any headphones in a local store.

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #120 of 339
  Quote:
Note that I wrote about only limited Ultrasone headphones. I know that both of Signature headphones are very decent.

It sounds like: "If you can't create <any product> then you shouldn't blame somebody that anybody produce s... not the best thing". I don't agree with it. I have enough qualification to understand that the claims of Dr. Koenigs about his technologies are just a hoax. And I don't like it! So why I shouldn't bash the quack company? Have you heard anything about freedom of speech?

You can read some more information about it here:
http://rinchoi.blogspot.ru/2010/11/ultrasones-headphone-technologies.html
and here:
http://rinchoi.blogspot.ru/2013/08/ultrasone-hfi-780-and-s-logic.html

P.S. Of course I heard limited Ultrasone headphones, but I didn't hear any other headphones of this company. Actually I can listen to almost any headphones in a local store.

You "wrote only about limited Ultrasone headphones" yet feel you have the right to "bash the quack company"? Freedom of speech doesn't include bashing a company of whom you admit you've not listen to "other headphones of this company".

As you've not dropped it when I asked to, you're therefore banned from this thread.

I don't mind if anyone had listened to the headphones and claimed that they digitally bright, or artificially 3D and overall expensive for the level SQ it delivers. But I do mind senseless bashing just because they believe the technology's a scam and simply quoting some source and treat it as authoritative.

Talk fairly and sensibly ppl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back