New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival 2013
Nov 23, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #136 of 339
Harrods update.

They are having a new 'shelf' installed next week and are expecting something new on Monday. They didn't know if it would be the Ed12 or 5.

They said they were still selling on average 2 Ed10 per week! The best selling item is the Bose IQ 20 at about 50 per day.

Interestingly they are setting up an area to do CIEMs with Shure initially. Quote a move. I expect them to take on some other custom makes too.

P7's sounded good.

Spotted the £20k Black Widow headphone. Apparently nearly bought by a 20 something Asian girl but her mother wisked her away.

Back to topic. I'll update if the Ed5 arrives on Monday.

Regards

Sceptre

Oh wow!

Had a feeling they'll get some. 

What £20k Black Widow headphones are these. 

For the regular harrods customer a £5k headphone probably isn't special. They'll have shoes / handbags / coats that cost more, not to mention jewellery that costs much much more. Heck, even a celebratory wine for them must cost more.   

Dec 6, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #137 of 339
Oh my, $4999.00.. I guess I will go with the Stax at this price point.

Dec 8, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #138 of 339
I visitied Harrods last week and they said they know nothing on the ED5. They'll be getting a ED12 sometime in the new year though.

Spotted the £20k Black Widow headphone. Apparently nearly bought by a 20 something Asian girl but her mother wisked her away.

What headphone is this?
Plus, where is it in store??

Dec 8, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #139 of 339
I like the ed8 too bad its not $300..

Dec 14, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #143 of 339
  I was talking to some folks at Ultrasone, and apparently the US is only getting one---yes, singular---Edition 5 this month and possibly no more after that. These things really sold out fast in Asia I guess.

That can't be right! Did you talk to Drew?

Dec 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #145 of 339
From my experience I'm guessing B&H doesn't actually have any stock. Retailers usually don't keep $5k headphones in stock, hence the "usually ships in 5 to 7 days" qualifier. What happens is you place an order, and they turn around and ask Ultrasone for stock based on demand. Because of this, I'm pretty sure no vendor is going to have an Edition 5 lying around for demo either, though some boutique stores in Asia might.

Having talked to the head of customer service for Ultrasone Germany, the 555 units are basically sold out now. My understanding is the only folks getting a pair are those who pre-ordered, though some Asian retailers are still accepting pre-orders it seems, likely because they have some allocated to them (since Asia is Ultrasone's biggest market now). The US always seems to lag behind the other markets when it comes to Ultrasone's distribution.

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #146 of 339
I was at B&H last week and they only had the ed8 for demo.
It was very nice but to me not more than a $300 sound..

Dec 17, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #148 of 339
IMO, their Signature line is worth the price.  I own the Sig DJ and it is my end-game headphone.

That's a sweet looking can I just always read positive comments about..

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #149 of 339
Saw these at a shop in the Hong Kong international airport priced at 39800* hkd. Even more expensive than stax Lol. They probably only have 1 set though. Didn't have the time to listen to it though...

Dec 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #150 of 339
My friend told me that one of the shops in Mong Kok has one as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back