New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Dec 2, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #7,561 of 9,409
Not only I'm I having issues with the wifi but mine reboots or restarts every time it tries to connect to my network. Now I can't even do swipe downs to get to the notification center. It's just weird and frustrating because I expected better from something that cost this much.

My DX220 performed better out of the box except for how it sounded and the lag. At least the damn wifi worked!

I don' feel like dealing with these issues and I'm about to re-box it and send it back to the dealer for a damn refund!

To those who have a working and functional SP1000's I applaud you.

I want to follow-up and apologize how I came across with the above rant. Stuff happens and it'll be sorted out. It’s not the end of the world so please accept my apology for acting like a jerk.

Dec 2, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #7,562 of 9,409
the AKSP1000 Amp module arrived today.
I will report very soon on how it sound and if ot can drive the ZMF Veritre closed well (the SP1000 alone don't).

AKSP1000amp & ZMF VC.JPG AKSP1000amp in hand.JPG

Dec 2, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #7,564 of 9,409
yeah BMichels, I look forward to your impressions as well.

Dec 3, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #7,566 of 9,409
Sorry for replying to an old post but how is this acceptable for products that cost this much? I just received an SP1000M today and has 2 dead pixels so I'm returning for replacement product. Am I going to have the same issue with the replacement? If so I am DONE with A&K. They are always visible when you know they're there and you expect premium quality when you pay so much. I'm honestly astounded by this lol

My SP2000 got a rainbow of colors when it started and touch problems. It took around 3 weeks to change.
And the Bluetooth to my soundbar that is just in front of me (2 meters) that keep cutting?

And the slow updates. VERY SLOW. Good that I don't expect anything from any company, because I would be nuts with what a 3500 USD player should be and it's not.

Good luck.

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #7,567 of 9,409
Not only I'm I having issues with the wifi but mine reboots or restarts every time it tries to connect to my network. Now I can't even do swipe downs to get to the notification center. It's just weird and frustrating because I expected better from something that cost this much.

My DX220 performed better out of the box except for how it sounded and the lag. At least the damn wifi worked!

I don' feel like dealing with these issues and I'm about to re-box it and send it back to the dealer for a damn refund!

To those who have a working and functional SP1000's I applaud you.

Swip down w/o leather cover to confirm if it was the reason.
The cover covers touching top area

Dec 3, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #7,570 of 9,409
Why on earth is a male 2.5mm TRRS right angle adaptor to 2.5mm TRRS female adaptorthis so hard to find? My cable is balanced with a straight connector but would like to add a right angle TRRS adaptor.
I’d ask for a small extension cable, like 5cm long or whatever, from someone like plussound

Dec 3, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #7,571 of 9,409
hi guys i wanna ask, how much power output (in mW) are the sp1000 for 300ohm headphone ?
will it drive a headphone like ath R70X perfectly on 470ohm and 98dB?

I covered R70X pair up with SP2000 SS and SP1000 SS in my SP2k review, you can read more about it here.

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #7,572 of 9,409
Good news everyone! I just downloaded the latest Amazon Music V16.5.4 apk file from apkpure.com and it's working on my SP1000M with the current DAP firmware. In other words, Amazon finally fixed the "spinning play button" icon issue due, as I understand it, to an issue with certain CPUs, including the one in these model A&K DAPs. I haven't tried the Hi-Res streaming yet, but it's working with my purchased content. Jason, do you know if the next firmware release, due this month, will include support for installation of xapk files, or is that scheduled for a future firmware release?

Dec 3, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #7,573 of 9,409
OK, here we are... after 1 day of break-in my very first conclusion is that the SP1000 Amp module really improve on the SP1000 when driving the Verite Closed.

Sound level wise, with my Verite Closed on the SP1000 alone I have to set-up volume at 120 (/ 150) while with the Amp, the volume (with high gain) is set at 100 (/ 150) and at 110 (/150) with low gain.

This may seems not to be a major improvement, but the interesting part is elsewhere: With the Amp, the dynamic and spacious sound is back...close to what I get from the VC with my Desktop EC445 amp. Without the SP1000 amp, the VC sound is "flat" and boring. And the difference is not subtil...

I also noticed that "low gain" set-up of the Amp is even more pleasant than "High gain" which may be sometime agressive (but... with the VC "high gain" may be needed depending on the recording and your listening ). I recommand you try booth and do not directly jump to High-gain.

Now I will try with IEMs and Shure KSE1500 but to see if they also benefit from the added space and musicality of the Amp, even if they do not need the added output power. Tests will tell... but I think that with those IEMs I will alsays use the "low gain" set-up of the Amp.

IMG_7907.JPG

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #7,574 of 9,409
Can you comment on snug the sp1000 is with the amp? now that the connector to the amp is a bit different then say AK380. Thanks in advance.

Dec 4, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #7,575 of 9,409
Can you comment on snug the sp1000 is with the amp? now that the connector to the amp is a bit different then say AK380. Thanks in advance.

Well, it is not super secure fix. I had to use the provided soft case to feel secure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back