1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Toolman, May 15, 2017.
First

Back
495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504
Next

Last
  1. arftech
    I want to follow-up and apologize how I came across with the above rant. Stuff happens and it'll be sorted out. It’s not the end of the world so please accept my apology for acting like a jerk.

2. bmichels
    the AKSP1000 Amp module arrived today.
    I will report very soon on how it sound and if ot can drive the ZMF Veritre closed well (the SP1000 alone don't).

AKSP1000amp & ZMF VC.JPG AKSP1000amp in hand.JPG

junix and arftech like this.
  3. arftech
    I look forward to your findings.

4. Dionysus
    yeah BMichels, I look forward to your impressions as well.

5. Schmeisser
    Yes please do so as I am about to upgrade my player with SP1000AMP + Vérité Closed
    BTW looking good together on your photo

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 1:07 AM
  6. mrhizzo
    My SP2000 got a rainbow of colors when it started and touch problems. It took around 3 weeks to change.
    And the Bluetooth to my soundbar that is just in front of me (2 meters) that keep cutting?

And the slow updates. VERY SLOW. Good that I don't expect anything from any company, because I would be nuts with what a 3500 USD player should be and it's not.

Good luck.

7. TYATYA
    Swip down w/o leather cover to confirm if it was the reason.
    The cover covers touching top area

arftech likes this.
  8. pauldoni
    hi guys i wanna ask, how much power output (in mW) are the sp1000 for 300ohm headphone ?
    will it drive a headphone like ath R70X perfectly on 470ohm and 98dB?

9. arftech
    Why on earth is a male 2.5mm TRRS right angle adaptor to 2.5mm TRRS female adaptorthis so hard to find? My cable is balanced with a straight connector but would like to add a right angle TRRS adaptor.

rwelles likes this.
  10. mvvRAZ
    I’d ask for a small extension cable, like 5cm long or whatever, from someone like plussound

11. twister6 Contributor
    I covered R70X pair up with SP2000 SS and SP1000 SS in my SP2k review, you can read more about it here.

12. Joel_R
    Good news everyone! I just downloaded the latest Amazon Music V16.5.4 apk file from apkpure.com and it's working on my SP1000M with the current DAP firmware. In other words, Amazon finally fixed the "spinning play button" icon issue due, as I understand it, to an issue with certain CPUs, including the one in these model A&K DAPs. I haven't tried the Hi-Res streaming yet, but it's working with my purchased content. Jason, do you know if the next firmware release, due this month, will include support for installation of xapk files, or is that scheduled for a future firmware release?

13. bmichels
    OK, here we are... after 1 day of break-in my very first conclusion is that the SP1000 Amp module really improve on the SP1000 when driving the Verite Closed.

Sound level wise, with my Verite Closed on the SP1000 alone I have to set-up volume at 120 (/ 150) while with the Amp, the volume (with high gain) is set at 100 (/ 150) and at 110 (/150) with low gain.

This may seems not to be a major improvement, but the interesting part is elsewhere: With the Amp, the dynamic and spacious sound is back...close to what I get from the VC with my Desktop EC445 amp. Without the SP1000 amp, the VC sound is "flat" and boring. And the difference is not subtil...

I also noticed that "low gain" set-up of the Amp is even more pleasant than "High gain" which may be sometime agressive (but... with the VC "high gain" may be needed depending on the recording and your listening ). I recommand you try booth and do not directly jump to High-gain.

Now I will try with IEMs and Shure KSE1500 but to see if they also benefit from the added space and musicality of the Amp, even if they do not need the added output power. Tests will tell... but I think that with those IEMs I will alsays use the "low gain" set-up of the Amp.

IMG_7907.JPG

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 2:05 PM
  14. Dionysus
    Can you comment on snug the sp1000 is with the amp? now that the connector to the amp is a bit different then say AK380. Thanks in advance.

15. bmichels
    Well, it is not super secure fix. I had to use the provided soft case to feel secure...

First

Back
495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504
Next

Last