1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Toolman, May 15, 2017.
First

Back
494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503
505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514
Next

Last
  1. Tex Irie
    I auditioned the SP1000M today with My Layla's and compared it to the Kann Cube and SR15.. I liked all 3. I'm wondering if anyone has done any comparisons between the SP1000M and the Fiio M11 Pro? I noticed they both leverage the AK4497EQ DAC chip. I wanted to know if Fiio's implementation of the AKM4497EQ was similar in audio performance and presentation?

2. T.R.A.N.C.E.
    The Fiio M11 Pro is not even close to the SP1000M. Another dap that uses AK4497EQ is Cayin N6ii, again doesn't approach the SP1000M.

Both the Fiio and Cayin differ significantly in terms of sound signature and technical performance to that of the SP1000M which boasts a balance and un-fatiguing detail retrieval that has yet to be achieved by any other company.

The dac chip itself can only contribute so much to the sound, it mostly comes down to implementation of the dac, and the amp section is another massive contributor to the dap's sound signature.

Check Porta.Fi youtube reviews if you want more in depth comparisons.

Tawek and thedanadamsusa like this.
  3. Tex Irie
    The sound of the SP1000M is still fresh in my mind. I'm not sure how much of that was attributed to my Layla's but the detail retrieval in familiar music was interesting. It's always surprising to hear new details in music you're familiar with. Nonetheless, I appreciate your input.

4. arftech
    @JaysonNYC

Good morning. Took delivery of my 1000 C on yesterday but the unit is randomly rebooting itself. Seems to happen when connecting to my network. Turned wireless off and it’s fine but need wireless connection to work normally for Tidal and Qobuz.

Could it be my wireless router?

What do you recommend?

*Things I’ve tried: reset and factory reset

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  5. Progisus
    Interesting... The same thing started with mine on the office network. When I connected to my home everything was fine. Try rebooting your router. Also delete the wireless connection and then re-enable it with re-entry of the password.

arftech likes this.
  6. arftech
    I tried rebooting the router last night and enabling the connection back on the player. Same issue has happened again this morning. I wonder if it’s the router because maybe once a week or so I have to reboot it. Then there are times it my wireless connections would stay up for weeks at a time. Just how robust is the wireless connectivity built into the player?

7. Progisus
    The wireless strength is the only weak point with this player. It really needs a strong signal.

TYATYA and arftech like this.
  8. arftech
    Would the lack of a strong wireless signal cause the player to continually reboot after the signal is dropped? Strange.

9. arftech
    Did you get this sorted out because mine is doing the exact same thing with the wifi. It's frustrating because I can't access Tidal/Qobuz.

10. arftech
    Delete

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  11. TYATYA
    Whatever AK said, Sp1k wifi is really bad.
    Ak120ii signal is much stronger. Even when wifi signal indicate the same level, actually connecting on sp1k drops/cut

12. arftech
    Not only I'm I having issues with the wifi but mine reboots or restarts every time it tries to connect to my network. Now I can't even do swipe downs to get to the notification center. It's just weird and frustrating because I expected better from something that cost this much.

My DX220 performed better out of the box except for how it sounded and the lag. At least the damn wifi worked!

I don' feel like dealing with these issues and I'm about to re-box it and send it back to the dealer for a damn refund!

To those who have a working and functional SP1000's I applaud you.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  13. Whitigir
    There is another superb device that does AK4497EQ very well, and that is Sony DMP-Z1

14. Maximiliano Campo
    Amazon Music app has stopped working on my SP1000M. I've tried to download it again fresh, but the still not working.

Is anyone else having this problem, and how to fix it?

15. JasonNYC
    Sorry for the delay. I have been out for a few days for the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US. Just catching up on messages. I responded to your PM.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://instagram.com/astellnkern https://us.astellnkern.com support.inc@iriver.com
    arftech likes this.
First

Back
494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503
505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514
Next

Last