New to headphones. Need advice
Feb 27, 2011 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dchambz

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, kinda new to the whole audiophile world and am currently looking for a new pair of headphones. I had some sennheiser hd 202 for a while but they just broke recently and I loved those even though they weren't that high end. I've been doing my research and am looking for a good set of cans for mainly metal like metalcore/deathcore/prog metal/melodic death metal and all that good stuff. They need to be closed back and my price range is around $150. I love when my music is really clear and crisp but still with powerful bass. I also don't want cans that need to be driven by an amp or anything, for now at least because of my budget. Right now I'm looking at audio technica's and beyerdynamic. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Feb 28, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #6 of 8
They are on-ear, very quick, clear and fairly balanced. Like I said the first time I got them, everything good you read about these cans is true.

Feb 28, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #7 of 8
I'm a Audio Technica ATH-AD700 (open) headphone user that is looking at getting something with a lot of bass.
I'm currently looking at the Beyerdynamic DT770 and Denon 1100 as two options for "Bassy" headphones.
I'll post my impression of whatever I end up getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back