new to Head-Fi.. trying to decide between Gr07, Gr01, DBA-02, ATH CKM500, FXT90, EPH-100 and maybe RE-262. all opinions appreciated
Jun 18, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #31 of 38
In all honesty, ive never been a fan of the JVC line. Not to say the newer high end models are no good, just from past experiences of buying a JVC model as an upgrade to another headphone, then being happier with the original.
Also, bass isnt much of a selling point for me (which is weird when my predominant music of choice is hip hop :D )
Im actually waiting for my local JB HIFI store to complete there headphone stand where all models can be listened to, then who knows, my JVC perception just may change :) 

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #32 of 38
It's a dual dynamic driver IEM. It may be much different from what you've heard from JVC. As someone looking for exactly what you seek, the FXT90's have been the best for me. Check out this whole thread. The RE262 sounds nice too but amping as a necessity doesn't work for me.

Jun 27, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #34 of 38
ive owned both the eph-100 by yamms and the re262.
no doubt the re262 has the natural signature between the two, but in the long run, i much preferred the eph100.
the eph is deliciously sounding iem.
the re262 is too boring, too true, though it might be good on the other side, but upon listening to them, theyre like my sm3s before...
too thick, too beautiful for my taste, here is where you can say i my personal preference.

if you want an extra kind of experience, it wont be bad to own both, which i would heartily recommend.

re262 is like being real. being natural. timbres a winner too.
downside is dry, a little boring in the  long hour session, and the bass, didnt like that very much compared to the eph's.
the re262 is very very good for vocals.
however, you will only appreciate this if you burned it for maybe 100 hours or so.

the eph is a real born winner, i must say.
upon first listening, i already knew this was meant to stay.
i can live without the re262 but life wouldnt be the same without my eph.
call me an eph lover...

coming from earsonic sm3, miles davis tributes, jvc fx700, ortofon eq7 and many others, surely this iem is like a gem among mountains of iems out there.

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #35 of 38
Quote:
What did Rone end up getting?

I picked up the JVC FXT90's first. So far I really like them, I don't have anything to compare them to except the cheap ones that came with my player. I will say I am very happy with the guitar crunch on these babies and most of the reviews on here were spot on describing the sound sig. I am also burning them in and trying different tips out right now and see how they can affect the sound considerably. Any recommends in the tip department?

Jun 29, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #36 of 38
The stock JVC tips are pretty good. I found that a size larger then normal worked well to keep the bass in balance, but the fit security wasn't always great. Now I'm using short double flanges from the MEElec M11+ set. BTW, the single flanges in that kit seem to be identical to those provided by JVC.

If you like your bass to be more prominent, the RadioShack hybrids work well.

Its worth saying that I've never noticed the strong treble others have mentioned with FXT90's, but my ears are a few decades older then most head-fi-ers'.

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #37 of 38
Trimmed comply t-400's. Trimmed comply is my prepackaged response to all tip questions though haha. Completely unaffected sound, perfect fit every time and no driver flex ever.

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:
I picked up the JVC FXT90's first. So far I really like them, I don't have anything to compare them to except the cheap ones that came with my player. I will say I am very happy with the guitar crunch on these babies and most of the reviews on here were spot on describing the sound sig. I am also burning them in and trying different tips out right now and see how they can affect the sound considerably. Any recommends in the tip department?

The TS400 worked best for me. It gave a great foamy type seal without messing with the treble

Users who are viewing this thread

Back