New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
May 4, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #316 of 1,045
BTW, since I did investigate things in depth on my own (curiosity gave me an itch), the change was not a choice, it was a must. I'm much more understanding of it now that I know this and I'm actually glad that head-fi still exists and has the ability to rise once again as my favorite forum!

It definitely wasn't a choice, as Jude covered in his post, and as soon as we received word that the Huddler platform was going away, we requested the data and got to work trying to figure out how it was organized and how we could get the site ready for its new home. It would have been wonderful to have more time to work out the bugs before we went live, but we worked within the time allotted and did what we could before going live. We're still in that process of getting everything where we want it to be, but we're making steps every day.

Today was a nice big step forward. Props to the development team that's working behind the scenes to get this all working, the part of the team you guys don't see. They don't get nearly as much recognition as they should.

May 4, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #317 of 1,045
It definitely wasn't a choice, as Jude covered in his post, and as soon as we received word that the Huddler platform was going away, we requested the data and got to work trying to figure out how it was organized and how we could get the site ready for its new home. It would have been wonderful to have more time to work out the bugs before we went live, but we worked within the time allotted and did what we could before going live. We're still in that process of getting everything where we want it to be, but we're making steps every day.

Today was a nice big step forward. Props to the development team that's working behind the scenes to get this all working, the part of the team you guys don't see. They don't get nearly as much recognition as they should.

Well, now I can like your post, this is something important. And images!

Now if there is a chance of getting our head-fi unique emoticons back as well, that would be sweet!

May 4, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #318 of 1,045
Hi, ADMs, I'm having some issues since the site was updated.

1- The search tool is not as accurate as before. For example, if I search for "Sennheiser Momentum," the specific thread of the headphone only appears on the third or fourth results page.

2- I am not receiving email notifications from my subscripted threads. I canceled the subscriptions and then subscribed again, but still I did not receiving the emails.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #319 of 1,045
I'm not following this thread closely because I'm having issues with email notifications, but I wonder if we will ever recover our full buyer/seller records and our reputation records.

I always liked it when someone thought my post was Like worthy, and built up about 140 likes ... they're all gone now. To me, that's a big loss, and since the new update still provides this important feature, I imagine many long term users are disappointed by this as well.

What's the latest word on whether we will ever have all of our past history back?

Thank you for any feedback on this ...

May 5, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #320 of 1,045
Remove the white bar spacers. It is wasted space.

4iPEh2n.png

How it looks after change.

PEMn7BV.png

Change the navbar height from 48px to 35px. Trim the Head-Fi title image down in size vertically as well to 90px.

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #321 of 1,045
Regarding email notifications: Do you plan to provide email notifications for every post to a subscribed thread, as in the old system, or to keep it as it is, where you won't get any email notifications until you visit the thread? Also, do you plan to provide a daily digest of posts for subscribed threads?

If you don't plan on doing either of the above, can you provide 3 or 5 line previews of posts for subscribed threads on the account alerts page?

Thanks!

May 5, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #322 of 1,045
So one piece of feedback I would have is at the top where it says Home >> Misc. - Category Forums >> Feedback & Bug Reports, it used to go Home>> Forums>> Misc. - Category Forums >> Feedback & Bug Reports.

I really miss being able to click up there and go back to the main forums page. I keep clicking home and getting sent there.

May 5, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #323 of 1,045
Regarding email notifications: Do you plan to provide email notifications for every post to a subscribed thread, as in the old system, or to keep it as it is, where you won't get any email notifications until you visit the thread? Also, do you plan to provide a daily digest of posts for subscribed threads?

If you don't plan on doing either of the above, can you provide 3 or 5 line previews of posts for subscribed threads on the account alerts page?

Thanks!

We don't have a global email setting for threads, but you can set the system to notify you by email for each thread individually. Go to your subscriptions, check the box next to the title of each thread where you want email notifications, then scroll to the bottom and use the dropbox to enable email notifications on those threads. Once notifications are enabled, you'll receive an email alert for every post in that thread. You can also disable email notifications the same way.

This request does take a second to process, so once you click "go" be sure to give the system a moment while it processes the request.

Enable_Disable_Email_Notifications.PNG

The system doesn't currently allow a daily digest type notification, as that was custom coded into Huddler's system, but we can look into that as a possibility once we get past the bug fixes.

So one piece of feedback I would have is at the top where it says Home >> Misc. - Category Forums >> Feedback & Bug Reports, it used to go Home>> Forums>> Misc. - Category Forums >> Feedback & Bug Reports.

I really miss being able to click up there and go back to the main forums page. I keep clicking home and getting sent there.

Thanks for the feedback. This seems like it could make a good change. I'll propose it to the team.

May 5, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #325 of 1,045
We don't have a global email setting for threads, but you can set the system to notify you by email for each thread individually. Go to your subscriptions, check the box next to the title of each thread where you want email notifications, then scroll to the bottom and use the dropbox to enable email notifications on those threads. Once notifications are enabled, you'll receive an email alert for every post in that thread. You can also disable email notifications the same way.

Yes, but each notification email says the following: You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.

This means that if I don't click "View This Thread" or otherwise visit the thread, I won't get any more email notifications for that thread. Under the old system, I got notifications for every post, whether I went to the site or not. Do you intend to restore this functionality, or will it work as it seems to now, which is you only get email for posts after you've viewed the thread at the website?

May 5, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #326 of 1,045
Also regarding email notifications: We used to get email of posts by people we follow, even if they posted in forums that we hadn't subscribed to. It doesn't seem that this is happening in the new system. Is there any intention to restore that?

We also got email notifications if someone quoted you or liked your post. Will those notifications continue?

May 5, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #327 of 1,045
Yes, but each notification email says the following: You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.

This means that if I don't click "View This Thread" or otherwise visit the thread, I won't get any more email notifications for that thread. Under the old system, I got notifications for every post, whether I went to the site or not. Do you intend to restore this functionality, or will it work as it seems to now, which is you only get email for posts after you've viewed the thread at the website?
Also regarding email notifications: We used to get email of posts by people we follow, even if they posted in forums that we hadn't subscribed to. It doesn't seem that this is happening in the new system. Is there any intention to restore that?

We also got email notifications if someone quoted you or liked your post. Will those notifications continue?

OK, I follow. A lot of these features are not built-in with the new platform so we'd have to custom code them. These are good suggestions, so I'll add them to our list of future considerations, but for the time being the email alerts will have to function as they currently do. We'll look into the possibility of adding these changes when we get the chance.

May 5, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #328 of 1,045
OK, I follow. A lot of these features are not built-in with the new platform so we'd have to custom code them. These are good suggestions, so I'll add them to our list of future considerations, but for the time being the email alerts will have to function as they currently do. We'll look into the possibility of adding these changes when we get the chance.

O.K. Thanks very much!

May 5, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #329 of 1,045
The new forum theme is nice and fast. The only things I found bad are these blurs on main page. So disfunctional like Jonny Ive's blurs in iOS. I'd rather see flat graphics in full colour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back