New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Aug 28, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #1,036 of 1,045
Hi @roskodan,

Filters and searches are handled entirely differently the XenForo platform. @HF_Ryan would be able to possibly give you more information.

With regard as to the root category, Classifieds will show everything. Its only when you go to sub-categories will it narrow it down for you to the specific category. Unfortunately, there's only so much we can display in Grid Mode, for example. If something interests you, click on it, and you can see the category in the breadcrumbs.

Aug 28, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #1,037 of 1,045
Does the new classifieds system allow to add filters to search querys? Like searching for classifieds mentioning "Audeze" and listed in currency "USD" and sorted by "Date"?

@joe Also classifieds search results should show basic classifieds information like when browsing classifieds (Prefix, Currency, Condition, Negotiability, Ships to...)

Also, also, when browsing the root classifieds category, listed classifieds don't show which category they belong to.

Hi @roskodan,

A limited number of search narrowing fields are available on the Classifieds search page located at https://www.head-fi.org/search/?type=hfc_listing, however, filters like those found in the "filter" drop down are not due to indexing limitations.

Regarding the root category, this boils down to limited space and a presumption that the listing title, photo, and text provide more than enough context to understand the associated category.

On the topic of search results lacking some important information: You're absolutely correct. Though we're unlikely to be able to fit all data in the limited space available, we certainly can work on improving the template. You can expect some tweaks to that in the near future.

Thank you for expressing your concerns about Classifieds. They very much help us to improve the user experience.

Best,
Ryan

Oct 31, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #1,038 of 1,045
Did I miss an announcement or something?...
Or have Galleries been permanently removed? (between Head Gear and Articles)

1698766990400.png

Oct 31, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #1,039 of 1,045
Thank you for asking about the Gallery section. We noticed some performance deficiencies with the add-on responsible for that section and are looking into some functionality and performance changes. For the time being, we temporarily disabled the Gallery section while we evaluate its performance and status going forward. Thank you again for inquiring, @GREQ , and for being a part of the Head-Fi community.

Mar 22, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #1,040 of 1,045
Hi all, I have a little suggestion regarding classifieds feedback. It would be nice if on user profile it will be present also the provided feedback to other part, not just the received one.
The reason is that sometimes after some deal I could leave a feedback but the other part didn't do that. And in my situation when I don't sell and buy a lot of things during certain period, then the every feedback is important.
Thank you.

Mar 22, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #1,043 of 1,045
@RCBinTN - Can you PM me a screenshot of the error you're receiving?

Thanks!
I restarted the computer (a Mac) and now it's working, Joe. Obviously on my end, as others have been posting.

Mar 22, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #1,045 of 1,045
Thank you for asking about the Gallery section. We noticed some performance deficiencies with the add-on responsible for that section and are looking into some functionality and performance changes. For the time being, we temporarily disabled the Gallery section while we evaluate its performance and status going forward. Thank you again for inquiring, @GREQ , and for being a part of the Head-Fi community.
Hey @joe ! has this been resolved yet?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back