New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
May 8, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #349 of 1,045
Maybe I am just not familar with that way of posting, but I still don’t get it, what sort of messages would you as user post there?

Useful links, perosnal experiences, things that you might want to inform other people if they are checking out your profile.

For example, I would post links to my latest reviews ^^!

May 8, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #351 of 1,045
05/08/17 Update

As you’ve likely already noticed, we pushed an update to the site today. This update is a collection of the the Head-Fi community's most commonly requested features and changes. We’ve been listening to everyone’s feedback since we switched to the new platform, and we’ve been working to implement as many community requested changes as we reasonably could. This is not a comprehensive list, but here are some of the biggest changes in this update:

New Header.png

(Updated header and navigation bar)

Search:
We received overwhelming feedback that Head-Fi’ers wanted the ability to search within a thread without leaving the page. We made this one of our highest priorities for this update. A new search bar with additional functionality, including “search this thread only,” has replaced the previous one. The advanced search page is still available for those who want to fine tune their searches.

Search.png
(New search menu)

Private messaging:
We’ve added a PM link next to the avatars (visible in the mobile screenshot below) to make it easier for Head-Fi’ers to quickly PM one another. You can also access PMs by clicking someone’s avatar and choosing “Start a Private Message.” These options are in addition to the methods already in place, so no matter how you prefer to start a PM, you can use whatever method feels most comfortable. You can also view your most recent private messages directly in the navigation bar.

User Management.png
(Account settings)

Navigation:
The navigation bar is now a permanent fixture at the top of the browsing window. Many of you remembered this from the Huddler platform and requested it. Now, navigation will always be available at the top of the page on both desktop and mobile view.

We’ve added easy access to account settings via a new dropdown in the navigation bar. Simply click on your username (as seen in the screenshot above) to access. This is replacing the Quick Navigation page.

Those who use the site primarily on mobile devices should have an easier time browsing the forums with the navigation changes that were made. Head-Fi’ers can now directly access their subscriptions from mobile view using the new persistent navigation bar.

Mobile.jpg
(Updated mobile view and navigation)

Layout:
There is no longer a need to choose between mobile and desktop view by clicking “go to mobile site” or “switch to desktop view.” The site now scales automatically to the device you’re using. Those who were frequently switching between desktop and mobile devices should appreciate this change (I know I certainly do).

Another area where we received a lot of feedback was that the site didn’t take advantage of a display’s real estate when viewing full screen. We’ve configured the site to display full-width, resulting in less negative space when viewing fullscreen on widescreen monitors.

We’ve pulled the numerical reputation data from the Huddler platform and ported it into XenForo’s Like system. You’ll now see the collective number of “+1”s received on both Huddler and XenForo. Note: We do not currently have the ability to add comments to likes, but we’ll look into the possibility of adding this functionality later.

Logo.png

We’re far from done making improvements to the new platform, but we wanted to make sure that our community had access to all of the new features and improvements as quickly as possible. Over the coming days you’ll continue to see adjustments as we hear your feedback and work your suggestions into the platform. We won’t be able to accommodate every single request, but we’ll try our best to implement as many as reasonably possible. We’re currently working on adjustments to the site’s look (including the addition of a highly requested dark theme) in order to improve the overall feel on the new platform. We want Head-Fi to feel inviting to all who visit.

Head-Fi wouldn’t be what it is today without the community, and we’re working hard to make sure that everyone finds the new platform not just as welcoming as it was when we were on Huddler, but even more so.

From everyone here at Head-Fi, thank you so much for the patience you’ve shown us so far. We know this hasn’t been as smooth a transition as we’d like, but we’re getting there. Thank you for all of the feedback you’ve provided to help us get where we are today, and we’re going to continue listening to that feedback as we push forward.

We’ll see you on the forums.

May 8, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #352 of 1,045
05/08/17 Update

As you’ve likely already noticed, we pushed an update to the site today. This update is a collection of the the Head-Fi community's most commonly requested features and changes. We’ve been listening to everyone’s feedback since we switched to the new platform, and we’ve been working to implement as many community requested changes as we reasonably could. This is not a comprehensive list, but here are some of the biggest changes in this update:

(Updated header and navigation bar)

Search:
We received overwhelming feedback that Head-Fi’ers wanted the ability to search within a thread without leaving the page. We made this one of our highest priorities for this update. A new search bar with additional functionality, including “search this thread only,” has replaced the previous one. The advanced search page is still available for those who want to fine tune their searches.

Private messaging:
We’ve added a PM link next to the avatars (visible in the mobile screenshot below) to make it easier for Head-Fi’ers to quickly PM one another. You can also access PMs by clicking someone’s avatar and choosing “Start a Private Message.” These options are in addition to the methods already in place, so no matter how you prefer to start a PM, you can use whatever method feels most comfortable. You can also view your most recent private messages directly in the navigation bar.

(Account settings)

Navigation:
The navigation bar is now a permanent fixture at the top of the browsing window. Many of you remembered this from the Huddler platform and requested it. Now, navigation will always be available at the top of the page on both desktop and mobile view.

We’ve added easy access to account settings via a new dropdown in the navigation bar. Simply click on your username (as seen in the screenshot above) to access. This is replacing the Quick Navigation page.

Those who use the site primarily on mobile devices should have an easier time browsing the forums with the navigation changes that were made. Head-Fi’ers can now directly access their subscriptions from mobile view using the new persistent navigation bar.

(Updated mobile view and navigation)

Layout:
There is no longer a need to choose between mobile and desktop view by clicking “go to mobile site” or “switch to desktop view.” The site now scales automatically to the device you’re using. Those who were frequently switching between desktop and mobile devices should appreciate this change (I know I certainly do).

Another area where we received a lot of feedback was that the site didn’t take advantage of a display’s real estate when viewing full screen. We’ve configured the site to display full-width, resulting in less negative space when viewing fullscreen on widescreen monitors.

We’ve pulled the numerical reputation data from the Huddler platform and ported it into XenForo’s Like system. You’ll now see the collective number of “+1”s received on both Huddler and XenForo. Note: We do not currently have the ability to add comments to likes, but we’ll look into the possibility of adding this functionality later.

We’re far from done making improvements to the new platform, but we wanted to make sure that our community had access to all of the new features and improvements as quickly as possible. Over the coming days you’ll continue to see adjustments as we hear your feedback and work your suggestions into the platform. We won’t be able to accommodate every single request, but we’ll try our best to implement as many as reasonably possible. We’re currently working on adjustments to the site’s look (including the addition of a highly requested dark theme) in order to improve the overall feel on the new platform. We want Head-Fi to feel inviting to all who visit.

Head-Fi wouldn’t be what it is today without the community, and we’re working hard to make sure that everyone finds the new platform not just as welcoming as it was when we were on Huddler, but even more so.

From everyone here at Head-Fi, thank you so much for the patience you’ve shown us so far. We know this hasn’t been as smooth a transition as we’d like, but we’re getting there. Thank you for all of the feedback you’ve provided to help us get where we are today, and we’re going to continue listening to that feedback as we push forward.

We’ll see you on the forums.

Excellent!

I love the new changes, totally going in the right direction!

I would actually say that now Head-Fi is better than the old Head-fi, considering all the functionality and aesthetical tweaks you've done. Great job and keep it going strong!

I'll surely return with feedback after I dwell a bit in the site!

May 8, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #353 of 1,045
Excellent!

I love the new changes, totally going in the right direction!

I would actually say that now Head-Fi is better than the old Head-fi, considering all the functionality and aesthetical tweaks you've done. Great job and keep it going strong!

I'll surely return with feedback after I dwell a bit in the site!

We've improved over the old site in some areas, but there's a lot of functionality we're still developing (looking at you, classifieds). We're still making adjustments to the current fonts and colors that we use on the site to make it easier to read, and then we'll be building at a dark theme since many Head-Fi'ers have requested it. We haven't reached the finish line, but we're getting closer.

May 8, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #354 of 1,045
We've improved over the old site in some areas, but there's a lot of functionality we're still developing (looking at you, classifieds). We're still making adjustments to the current fonts and colors that we use on the site to make it easier to read, and then we'll be building at a dark theme since many Head-Fi'ers have requested it. We haven't reached the finish line, but we're getting closer.

Thank you!

It is very nice to see development going strong!

BTW, the one place I still had a few things I wanted to ask about was the reviews page. it was a bit hard to browse it, but still haven't properly checked the new one.

May 8, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #355 of 1,045
Thank you!

It is very nice to see development going strong!

BTW, the one place I still had a few things I wanted to ask about was the reviews page. it was a bit hard to browse it, but still haven't properly checked the new one.

I agree, the Head Gear section isn't as polished as we'd like it to be. It's one of the areas that we're working on improving.

May 8, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #356 of 1,045
Loving the new layout! Well done, team Headfi.

Question: why is there a number over by "Head Gear" that looks like I have alerts? Before you load up the smarm cannon, yes, I realize it likely indicates I have alerts, but I don't know what section might contain those alerts as I have nothing under Subscribed Items or Subscribed Categories.

Also, if you can put it there and on PM's, can you also do the same for Subbed threads?

May 8, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #357 of 1,045

Question: why is there a number over by "Head Gear" that looks like I have alerts? Before you load up the smarm cannon, yes, I realize it likely indicates I have alerts, but I don't know what section might contain those alerts as I have nothing under Subscribed Items or Subscribed Categories.

Also, if you can put it there and on PM's, can you also do the same for Subbed threads?

I also see a 43 next to Head Gear button, curious what could be causing it.

May 8, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #358 of 1,045

I also see a 43 next to Head Gear button, curious what could be causing it.

I just pressed 'Mark Viewed' and they went away.

May 8, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #359 of 1,045
Good to see it is improving.

I am holding off on posting up new reviews.

More feedback

-all reviews seem merged into one stream.
-no view counter anymore to show how many have read the review.
- i worry how easy it will be to upload.

-in my profile only one third of my reviews are niw listed.
-in my review thread the links to each review are just text now.

Thanks again -
Expat

May 8, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #360 of 1,045
-all reviews seem merged into one stream.
-no view counter anymore to show how many have read the review.
- i worry how easy it will be to upload.

-in my profile only one third of my reviews are niw listed.
-in my review thread the links to each review are just text now.

Thanks again -
Expat

We're actively working on improving the Head Gear section. Also, none of your reviews are currently linked in your profile. What you're seeing is the indicator of how many items you've added to the Head Gear section. We're still looking into Huddler's data to see what we need to do to link the reviews to their author's profile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back