New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
May 5, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #332 of 1,045
I'm getting a number of 404 page not found errors and or missing graphics. Sorry if this is a known issue. I haven't been able to read the entire thread.

The Buying Guide not working is a known issue. At the moment we're focusing on getting the site running smoothly first and then we'll look at restoring the guide.

May 5, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #334 of 1,045
This change reminds of why last.fm died when the devs had decided that the unusable interface with fewer features than its previous design was better for its users.

For a mandatory change and keeping in mind that the like and quote functions now work, I'm starting to mind it less and less.

One thing I would do is change the gray color of the BG to something else. And some font size and font itself changes as well, but that's just to make it more readable from a distance. at any rate, using the mobile version on desktop now looks more than decent. I would say it even looks great now. I've been not that happy at first, but now it really works out well for me (?)

May 5, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #335 of 1,045
For a mandatory change and keeping in mind that the like and quote functions now work, I'm starting to mind it less and less.

One thing I would do is change the gray color of the BG to something else. And some font size and font itself changes as well, but that's just to make it more readable from a distance. at any rate, using the mobile version on desktop now looks more than decent. I would say it even looks great now. I've been not that happy at first, but now it really works out well for me (?)

Give us a little more time. There are some awesome changes in the pipe that I think (almost) everyone is going to enjoy. Once we're sure they're ready for release we'll hit the button and let you guys know. I think the changes help make the new platform more intuitive. Our behind-the-scenes team members are really rocking it out with this one.

May 5, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #336 of 1,045
Give us a little more time. There are some awesome changes in the pipe that I think (almost) everyone is going to enjoy. Once we're sure they're ready for release we'll hit the button and let you guys know. I think the changes help make the new platform more intuitive. Our behind-the-scenes team members are really rocking it out with this one.

I totally trust you with this one!

I'm sure it is in head-fi's best interest for the site to look and work best!

Let us know how we can help you out with improving the new site!

May 5, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #337 of 1,045
I totally trust you with this one!

I'm sure it is in head-fi's best interest for the site to look and work best!

Let us know how we can help you out with improving the new site!

Everyone has helped out with the feedback they've provided so far. We're taking that feedback into consideration as we fix bugs and roll out improvements. A lot of the next update is taken directly from Head-Fi'er feedback, so I think it's going to make a lot of people happy. Hopefully we'll get to share it with everyone soon.

May 8, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #339 of 1,045
How do you edit your profile? How do I change the headphone inventory?
Click alerts on the top right then click under settings on the left, profile. Super intuitive right :confused: (why is the emoticon tabed so far away?)

Last edited:
May 8, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #341 of 1,045
I created an ad in the Headphone For Sale fotum, however, it isn't showing the images I uploaded. How do I correct this error?

May 8, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #342 of 1,045
not really a bug, but some day someone is going to post something real compromising in the public messages thinking he's in PM. ^_^
I thought the confusion would last for a day or 2 but it's still going strong.

May 8, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #343 of 1,045
We have imported the numerical data from Huddler's "reputation" system into XenForo's "like" system. Likes should now reflect the +1 rep you've received both here and on the old platform.

Nice job!

Now that I think about it in-depth, your decision, of starting to import things way before the Huddler got closed is very good, you have much more time to import everything you need from there.

May 8, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #344 of 1,045
I created an ad in the Headphone For Sale fotum, however, it isn't showing the images I uploaded. How do I correct this error?

I'm looking at your classified, and it appears that the images were never embedded in the post. After uploading, you need to click one of the two buttons to embed the images. I use thumbnail most times because it's a reasonable size and viewers can click the image to see the full-size image.

May 8, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #345 of 1,045
I'm looking at your classified, and it appears that the images were never embedded in the post. After uploading, you need to click one of the two buttons to embed the images. I use thumbnail most times because it's a reasonable size and viewers can click the image to see the full-size image.

Oops! That was embarassing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back