New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
May 2, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #301 of 1,045
This is a funny bug. When selecting multiple items (threads) in the watched/subscriptions page and executing an action, it seems to result in a GET request at head-fi.org/f/watched/update while Xenforo is expecting a POST request, and the server responds with a 405. It says as much in the error page ("This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again."), but I checked the response headers to make sure. Other actions of this nature outside of the watched page (i.e. selecting multiple items on the PM page and executing an action) results in a GET request, which is received fine.
Just wanted to add that while the page with the error message still occurs, the actions will now complete (i.e. selecting multiple items to unsub results in the threads being unsubbed).

May 2, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #302 of 1,045
The site still will not "remember" a user's (my) password. I have to go through the "change pw process" before I can log on (again). This is extremely tedious and requires way too much effort for each & every attempt to log on.

I am using computers running Windows 7.

May 2, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #303 of 1,045
I have noticed the following errors so far that apply to both the mobile and desktop website
1) I am stuck at 1 unread PM and I am unable to get rid of it
2) In the PM section, I get an error that pops up as undefined when I try to mark my PM's as read as well as unread
3) I get the undefined popup error whenever I click on quotes under the message I want to quote and press select insert quotes in the message box.
4) I would like the trader feedback to include the item being bought/sold - it is good to know what is being sold/bought for higher valued stuff
5) Whenever I go to someone's profile (including mine), I get an error under recent activity and postings
6) Is there a way to go into your settings other than selecting alerts first?
7) I would like an option to select the number of pages per thread again similar to the previous version of the website

Thank you

May 3, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #306 of 1,045
I seem to have discovered the method to add items to the Head Gear section. There's a menu which has "Create Products" on the right side (I swear this was not an option until now).

Z1.PNG

Problem is, I can't go in an review the item I just added. The existing entries have the option right there, just click it and add a new review/star rating:

z2.PNG

But my item is missing that section:

z3.PNG

EDIT, just noticed, other items have "subscribe to this item" but my new creation does not. So something is definitely different about this compared to the prior existing Head Gear entries.

Last edited:
May 3, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #307 of 1,045
So, is anyone else NOT receiving subscription emails, if you are getting yours please let me in on how it's done. I am missing my info, starting to suffer from audio lag.

It's hit and miss. Some are coming through, some aren't. If you've configured notification settings correctly (and it's hard not to, as they're pretty basic), I don't think there's anything else you can do; it's more likely a site issue that needs resolving. There were intermittent problems with receiving email notifications even on the old platform, at least for me and several others - there's an old thread about it somewhere in this sub-forum.

May 3, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #308 of 1,045
OTH, I have turned off (unchecked) the email option and still get notifications for every post to my subscribed threads. It is too much email. I would really appreciate a digest notification daily as we had in the other venue.

May 4, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #309 of 1,045
uploading images from a Mac in Sierra.
Ok, lots of problems uploading a jpg which is only 120K.
I can add a reply to a post, and click upload image, but it only gives me the URL link (useless).
So I have to go onto my settings, unselect rich text editor and use basic. Now I get an Upload Image button that goes to my desktop and uploads an image.
BUT on save it doesn't add that image AARRRHH. Now I go into edit post and if I view the image I uploaded (it is there as a tiny preview in edit post) then open as Full Image, save that back out. Now It inserts into the post (finally).

Hey guys, this is dead basic functionality here, add an image. Please fix this. This build should have been tested on an offline server to sort these out, Then go live. What we have now is a big backlash and angry users.....

I am hoping you can fix it quick and the other bugs. In fact it is so bad on a smart device, if it was me, I would damage limitation and go back to the old interface and back to retesting and setting up the new software before launching. Maybe you could have lets some select users try the testing server first? Then you know how it works on different devices.

May 4, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #310 of 1,045
uploading images from a Mac in Sierra.
Ok, lots of problems uploading a jpg which is only 120K.
I can add a reply to a post, and click upload image, but it only gives me the URL link (useless).
So I have to go onto my settings, unselect rich text editor and use basic. Now I get an Upload Image button that goes to my desktop and uploads an image.
BUT on save it doesn't add that image AARRRHH. Now I go into edit post and if I view the image I uploaded (it is there as a tiny preview in edit post) then open as Full Image, save that back out. Now It inserts into the post (finally).

Hey guys, this is dead basic functionality here, add an image. Please fix this. This build should have been tested on an offline server to sort these out, Then go live. What we have now is a big backlash and angry users...

We'll try to recreate your problem and get back to you here. Also, we may post a short video showing how to add images to posts (which is different than the previous forum system).

...This build should have been tested on an offline server to sort these out, Then go live. What we have now is a big backlash and angry users.....

I am hoping you can fix it quick and the other bugs. In fact it is so bad on a smart device, if it was me, I would damage limitation and go back to the old interface and back to retesting and setting up the new software before launching. Maybe you could have lets some select users try the testing server first? Then you know how it works on different devices.

Please read my post at the following link:

Thank you for your patience, @astrostar59.

May 4, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #311 of 1,045
Thanks Jude. I see upload file button bottom right but it doesn't load it into the post. You have to then click Full Size button next to the thumb nail, THEN it loads it in.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #313 of 1,045
search function is broken! anyway to fix it? also search in thread missing...What

Search is currently returning an error when searching from the home page and in mobile view. We've been hunting down the cause for this issue but it's being rather elusive.

Search within a thread is something we're actively working on implementing. For now the closest thing is the advanced search page: https://www.head-fi.org/f/search/

May 4, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #314 of 1,045
Hey everyone,

We just went live with a number of bug fixes for the mobile platform. You should no longer be receiving errors when you attempt to like, quote or reply to a post. Uploading image attachments from mobile is working now as well. And last but certainly not least, mobile search has been fixed.

We've also made a few adjustments to the desktop platform and home page. One of those is a functioning search field on the home page.

We still have more fixes and improvements in development with even more planned for the future. We appreciate everyone's patience while we've worked to get where we are. Thanks for all of the feedback you've given us to help get where we are, and we're looking forward to continuing this momentum with everyone's help.

Mobile users: have at it.

May 4, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #315 of 1,045
Hey everyone,

We just went live with a number of bug fixes for the mobile platform. You should no longer be receiving errors when you attempt to like, quote or reply to a post. Uploading image attachments from mobile is working now as well. And last but certainly not least, mobile search has been fixed.

We've also made a few adjustments to the desktop platform and home page. One of those is a functioning search field on the home page.

We still have more fixes and improvements in development with even more planned for the future. We appreciate everyone's patience while we've worked to get where we are. Thanks for all of the feedback you've given us to help get where we are, and we're looking forward to continuing this momentum with everyone's help.

Mobile users: have at it.

Thank you!

Been waiting for this, you brought it to me, now I am a happy camper!

The only requests I'm having now are if it would be possible to make all text a bit bigger, and to make the quoted text non italic and bigger and it should work very well as a forum. I didn't explore the reviews page and I think that since I'm using the mobile version, the main navigation might not be optimal for PC, but yeah, now I can like things, upload images and quote. Thanks.

giphy.gif

BTW, since I did investigate things in depth on my own (curiosity gave me an itch), the change was not a choice, it was a must. I'm much more understanding of it now that I know this and I'm actually glad that head-fi still exists and has the ability to rise once again as my favorite forum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back