Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
May 3, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #3,316 of 22,537
If that's true, something like that I think would go a long way with users. I wish @jude would share more so the community knew what was going on.

I hope they get things working again because I know the changes have made me stop using Head-fi almost completely for the past few days. It's just too much of a change with so much missing. I truly hope everything gets sorted out quickly because Head-fi has done so much for me, so I want to stay a part of it.

Sorry for the off topic post :)

I agree, and there seems to be a site wide reduction of activity. Jude did post this statement but I think it should be sticky'd to the home page until the majority of the quirks are worked out.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/new-head-fi-update.845500/page-42#post-13458354

Personally, I'm trying to wrap my head around how to smoothly do the review process for the Hugo2 Tour with the new site.

May 3, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #3,317 of 22,537
giphy.gif
A bit like this maybe? :deadhorse::crocodile::saxophone:

That dog is loving it, awesome :grin:

May 3, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #3,318 of 22,537
I agree, and there seems to be a site wide reduction of activity. Jude did post this statement but I think it should be sticky'd to the home page until the majority of the quirks are worked out.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/new-head-fi-update.845500/page-42#post-13458354

Personally, I'm trying to wrap my head around how to smoothly do the review process for the Hugo2 Tour with the new site.

Its all gone to schiit really and disturbed everything. I did not realise how much i used to enjoy coming to headfi until this happend. Heres to hoping theres a lot of improvements coming and people dont keep leaving.

May 3, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #3,319 of 22,537
Its all gone to schiit really and disturbed everything. I did not realise how much i used to enjoy coming to headfi until this happend. Heres to hoping theres a lot of improvements coming and people dont keep leaving.
+1

May 4, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #3,320 of 22,537
If that's true, something like that I think would go a long way with users. I wish @jude would share more so the community knew what was going on...

This has been expressed before and I can understand the sentiment completely. I posted more about this here:

As for why we didn't open this up to a discussion ahead of the change: doing so would have been rather disingenuous, as we did not have time to discuss the changes (read the post at the above link), and there most certainly wasn't enough time to do a proper beta test beyond our internal testing. Anyone paying attention since the change can hopefully see that a lot of work is being done, with several updates and key fixes each day, and some of the most substantial ones coming soon.

...I hope they get things working again because I know the changes have made me stop using Head-fi almost completely for the past few days. It's just too much of a change with so much missing. I truly hope everything gets sorted out quickly because Head-fi has done so much for me, so I want to stay a part of it...

I would hate to see you (or any other veteran member) leave over this, @bigfatpaulie. Again, we are doing the best we can under the circumstances. I know it's hard for people to understand what a transition like this actually involves, but it's very difficult, and there are countless moving parts. There was no place, no platform that would readily accept a direct port, as Huddler (the system we were on) was a built-from-the-ground-up, custom, closed system. We're working still to try to custom-code porting of as much of the key functionality from Huddler as we can.

For example, the Gear For Sale / Trade area of Huddler was completely unique to Huddler--the bump mechanism and other functionalities, the UI / formatting...all custom. The Gear FS/T area is one place where a lot of work is also happening with our team now--we know that area needs work, so we're working on it.

I understand change can be a pain--trust me, nobody understands this where Head-Fi is concerned more than the team (myself included) who had to port Head-Fi over, and who will continue to bug-fix and code.

Over seven years ago, when we went from vBulletin to Huddler, it was at least as difficult a change for the users to deal with--but we dealt with it (not without costs and headaches to the community), and the Huddler platform ended up developing into a better platform than we were on. This time we had no choice. We had to move. There's a reason this has only happeend once before in 16 years--because it's hard on the community and hard on the people behind the scenes who have to make those changes. (Again, read the post linked above if you still haven't to understand what I mean.)

Big improvements are coming in the next few days and will continue regularly in the weeks to come. We've got a lot of (good) exciting things planned now that Head-Fi is operating completely independently--but not until we've got this place in a state that we're all (well, mostly all, since you can't ever make 100% of people happy) happier with.

Again, @bigfatpaulie (and @UELong), I hope very much that you guys stick around.

...Sorry for the off topic post :)

Yes, this discussion (including my lengthy post) is indeed off-topic, so let's please now get this thread back on topic. If you want to discuss the site changes use the link I provided above to my linked post and the thread it's in.

As a reminder, in case you've forgotten after this long post: This thread is about the Chord Electronics Hugo 2, a prototype of which has become my main DAC of late, as (unlike @Rob Watts) I am not willing to routinely backpack a DAVE on my travels.

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #3,324 of 22,537
:dog2::dog2:In this case does the cute dog represent the hugo 2 and the hoover the listener or the other way round?

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #3,327 of 22,537
I actually looked into it a bit. Seems that it is true, the changes to the site couldn't have been avoided and they are not a matter of decision but a matter of "This had to be done".

I really hope that the site will settle down soon, I'm using the mobile version and it is not quite there yet, but it is usable either way!

About Hugo 2, can we get one in Romania after all? All this talk of its might made me mighty curious!

May 4, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #3,329 of 22,537
Lifting the Hugo 2 out the box that smell of newness,just looking at it before even thinking of plugging it in, think I'm gonna pass out at the thought.I'm weird me before I get a new piece of kit I polish the house from top to bottom then when it arrives I take photos of every stage of opening the box, I take it out and look at it but I won't plug it in, I'll wait til later on in the day and then all hell let's loose,Mrs walks in and sees the competition this shiny little square box,I've got a specially made Hugo 2 cot at the bottom of the bed I'm only a arms length away from

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #3,330 of 22,537
Lifting the Hugo 2 out the box that smell of newness,just looking at it before even thinking of plugging it in, think I'm gonna pass out at the thought.I'm weird me before I get a new piece of kit I polish the house from top to bottom then when it arrives I take photos of every stage of opening the box, I take it out and look at it but I won't plug it in, I'll wait til later on in the day and then all hell let's loose

damn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back