New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
May 1, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #273 of 1,045
Thanks @AxelCloris , much appreciated.

While you're at it, please see if we can get a tab that allows us to edit our account info. The only way we can do it currently is to log out then log back in (at least that's what I've come up with so far)

Specifically which account info? The fields for headphones, amps, sources, etc? Those can be edited in your account settings. https://www.head-fi.org/f/account/

May 1, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #274 of 1,045
mm..as of this posting, .site works perfectly on my devices: iPad Pro 12.9, Samsung S7 Tab, Microsoft Surface Book and iPhone 7 Plus. Respective O.S. updated to latest versions. No issues to report at the moment.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #275 of 1,045
Can we PLEASE have the site do an automatic desktop/mobile rendering? I'm getting really sick of browsing on my phone, having to manually go back to desktop mode when I'm at the PC, then having to hit "mobile site" whenever I'm back on my phone again.

May 1, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #276 of 1,045
mm..as of this posting, .site works perfectly on my devices: iPad Pro 12.9, Samsung S7 Tab, Microsoft Surface Book and iPhone 7 Plus. Respective O.S. updated to latest versions. No issues to report at the moment.

Welp, you've condemned me to a day of bug tracking and fixing. Thanks! :wink:

Can we PLEASE have the site do an automatic desktop/mobile rendering? I'm getting really sick of browsing on my phone, having to manually go back to desktop mode when I'm at the PC, then having to hit "mobile site" whenever I'm back on my phone again.

We're working to improve both the desktop and mobile experience on the site. Unfortunately that's a task that won't be a quick fix and will take time for us to implement. We're currently testing a few ideas to find the best results.

May 1, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #277 of 1,045
We're working to improve both the desktop and mobile experience on the site. Unfortunately that's a task that won't be a quick fix and will take time for us to implement. We're currently testing a few ideas to find the best results.

The layouts are fine as of now, but the issue is that it seems to store which I'm using on my account rather than doing a quick sniff of what browser I'm on and applying the proper layout from there. I honestly haven't seen a website without automatic desktop/mobile rendering in quite a while.

May 1, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #278 of 1,045
Well - I can't find a way to search this thread, so I can't tell if the matter has been raised already, but as best I can tell, there is a dearth of navigation tools available on my iPad (Safari) browser. No drilldown in the forums page, no way that I have found to efficiently search for reviews of a particular headphone, no way to categories menu listing by headphone type (full size, iem etc.)

May 1, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #279 of 1,045
As always, I have to prefix the following observation with "I don't know if this has been mentioned already but...", due to lack of thread search functionality. Not a biggie, but I noticed a layout issue when a thread goes over 1000 pages (even over 100 pages doesn't look great):

Meanwhile, for those keeping their own tweaks, this can be resolved by setting .pageNav a and .pageNav a[rel=start] to something that fits at least 4 digits. 30px works well for me. Most threads do not have >10000 (I can't think of any ATM). pageNav .scrollable needs to be enlarged as well, otherwise the rightmost buttons are lost.

Unfortunately it hasn't worked for me.
The only thing that seems to be working is actually clicking on the "disable all emails" in one of the email notification you get within your email client aka gmail for me. In the bottom part of the message (where usually you'll find the unsubscribe option for mails).
Another thing you can do is to set a filter in your email client/service by subject. Probably should be taken care of by H-F though.

May 1, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #280 of 1,045
I log in after finding the log in link which is not on the first main page. ive timed you get about 2 minutes literally of inactivity before being logged out and having to manually log in. it means if i spend 5 minutes reading a thread without touching my keyboard i am forced to constantly having to log in time after time. this never use to happen. its very annoying please fix. the graphical layout looks nicer of the new site thats all so far. classified sales management is horrid now too. thanks to all mk

May 1, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #281 of 1,045
If you're that concerned about it, why enter that info to begin with? Head-fi certainly doesn't need that info...

The DoB was requested by Head-Fi when I (and many others) first registered to create my account. My expectation (and that of many others, no doubt) was that this information would never be made public. Indeed, it was not published, until Head-Fi rolled out this new interface. Even the options to enable/disable display of my DoB did not exist in the Profile, previously.

So, yes, I'm concerned about it, as would anyone else who had an expectation that their DoB information would not be made public, by default.

May 1, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #282 of 1,045
I'm sorry but I hate this new format and layout. I'm also restricted from doing numerous edits because it keeps saying I don't have the proper authorizations??? Honestly, this site is unusable to me now. How do I even private message a moderator to close my account? I'm done here.

May 1, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #283 of 1,045
The site is getting better everyday as expected, these things take time to sort out of course.

Some feedback and bugs:

Reviews. How do we upload reviews now? I had a look but could navigate my way to it.

My reviews. The list of reviews or showcase on my profile is about a third of what it actually is.

Reputation or likes, I seem to have lost all of that.

My review index thread doesnt seem to have working links anymore.

The review section seems to have reviews stacked on top of each other now.

Thanks for all your hard work guys

regards
expat

May 1, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #284 of 1,045
Where can I find the reviews I've posted? I've some more that are ready (either now or very soon) but I'd rather not post them here if there's nowhere for me to find/link to them or worse if my previous ones have been deleted.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #285 of 1,045
Click the "Your Account" link. There's all the information in there.
Thanks. But when I go to my account page, 'Information' tab, I don't see a link or a little pencil or any way to edit that info. I should be able to edit the 'About' and 'Signature' parts of that tab to update them right?

edit: I get it now, 'profile' and 'account' are separate pages for whatever reason...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back