New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Apr 30, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #256 of 1,045
Hi Jude,
I've been trying post an ad,on the buy/sell forum
My user ID is-mikek200,and I've been a member since 2012.
Can you PLEASE GIVE ME A LINK,AS TO ACTUALLY POST MY AD,?
I keep getting an 404 error message.

I appreciate all the hard work,regarding this upgrade,but,man...it is murder to navigate

RSVP-me,if/when you can,
Mikek200

Hi Mikek200,

I'm Brian and I can help you get it sorted. Are you trying to post a classified from the mobile or desktop view? Which browser are you using? What type of classified are you trying to post? Are you trying to upload pictures? In which classified thread are you trying to create the post?

What's with the 150 characters nonsense? I've been trying to find an answer but can't find a serach function either?

Which field is returning this limit? I'll look into it.

Apr 30, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #257 of 1,045
How do I cancel email notifications for subscribed/watched thread?
I have been looking for it in my account settings and alert settings, tried to uncheck a few email notifications things but I still get email notifications.

Apr 30, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #258 of 1,045
Probably already mentioned, but where can I find a link to my subscribed threads?

Using iphone 6 plus, and the main page has microscopic text.

Z-index issues abound.

Did anyone even test this before release? Its unusable.

Now, I only check in occasionally to see if the site is usable yet. I am starting to think my head-fi days are coming to a close.

Apr 30, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #259 of 1,045
How do I cancel email notifications for subscribed/watched thread?
I have been looking for it in my account settings and alert settings, tried to uncheck a few email notifications things but I still get email notifications.
Unchecking "Receive site mailings" and keeping "Receive email when a new private message is received" checked seemed to work for me, but it disables mailings for all alerts. Although, I have disabled all email and most of the alerts at this point.

May 1, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #260 of 1,045
May 1, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #262 of 1,045
I don't want to sound overly negative (but I think I will not be able to avoid that nevertheless...). I've been part of many go-live events and fully understand the problems involved with reworking a living site, the necessity to cut down on mostly unused features (which some still rely on very much), the burden of importing existing data and relationships of any kind etc. Yes, this is not an easy task.

Unfortunately its not only that many features I use are gone (or may be coming back only eventually), but there are so many errors (like locked accounts, constant error messages due to security restrictions etc.) I don't quite understand the decision to actually go into production at this point.

I appreciate the time many take to write extensive lists of problems noted... Sorry that I do not have neither time not inclination to do so. I've posted much less in the last few months and these problems will not change that. I don't want to read through 20 pages (plus 50+ pages in at least one other thread dealing with those changes) to find out how I can e.g. find content and edit my ads. Or do anything on the mobile version of the site. Why does the iPad even *get* the mobile site? And why... oh well.
Thats only me, and has much to do with my overall lack of time. Still my impression is that the community overall took a hit as well. Which will lead to even more ads I guess... you see the problem.

May 1, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #263 of 1,045
As always, I have to prefix the following observation with "I don't know if this has been mentioned already but...", due to lack of thread search functionality. Not a biggie, but I noticed a layout issue when a thread goes over 1000 pages (even over 100 pages doesn't look great):

Untitled.png

May 1, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #264 of 1,045
Unchecking "Receive site mailings" and keeping "Receive email when a new private message is received" checked seemed to work for me, but it disables mailings for all alerts. Although, I have disabled all email and most of the alerts at this point.

Unfortunately it hasn't worked for me.
The only thing that seems to be working is actually clicking on the "disable all emails" in one of the email notification you get within your email client aka gmail for me. In the bottom part of the message (where usually you'll find the unsubscribe option for mails).

May 1, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #265 of 1,045
As always, I have to prefix the following observation with "I don't know if this has been mentioned already but...", due to lack of thread search functionality. Not a biggie, but I noticed a layout issue when a thread goes over 1000 pages (even over 100 pages doesn't look great):

Thanks for this post. We'll add it to the list.

May 1, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #266 of 1,045
Hello Head-Fi,

Things are coming along nicely. I finished posting a review last night and like the way things turned out after a couple fixes.

One thing I'd like to report, there is no review index, and no tab under our account to navigate to it. Is this something that we should expect to eventually have? If not, there's ways around it. I could start a thread and link all of them to that thread. Still, it would be more resourceful to have the link and index.

Let me know when you guys have a chance to check this out.

Happy Monday

May 1, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #267 of 1,045
out of curiosity, are the alerts going away after some time or we're stacking like crazy for eternity because we can?

also when you have time, and I must insist on how not urgent that is given my typical lack of action, it would be cool to give me back some moderator super powers. ideally you'll mess up and make me general of the world, I'd rename headfi to "castle of argh" and do bad things to members all day long... muhahahaha.
but I'd be fine with just making sound science people suffer like before. when it comes to torture, I say quality over quantity, and I can always take over the world tomorrow so it's cool.

May 1, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #269 of 1,045
Hello Head-Fi,

Things are coming along nicely. I finished posting a review last night and like the way things turned out after a couple fixes.

One thing I'd like to report, there is no review index, and no tab under our account to navigate to it. Is this something that we should expect to eventually have? If not, there's ways around it. I could start a thread and link all of them to that thread. Still, it would be more resourceful to have the link and index.

Let me know when you guys have a chance to check this out.

Happy Monday

By review index, you mean an area in the profile that shows specifically your reviews, rather than an index of all reviews, correct? If so, we're working on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back