New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
May 1, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #286 of 1,045
Are pictures in FS threads from before this update lost?
I noticed the feedback archive links (from the original HF) were broken too, but you can find them if you do a search.

May 1, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #287 of 1,045
This is a funny bug. When selecting multiple items (threads) in the watched/subscriptions page and executing an action, it seems to result in a GET request at head-fi.org/f/watched/update while Xenforo is expecting a POST request, and the server responds with a 405. It says as much in the error page ("This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again."), but I checked the response headers to make sure. Other actions of this nature outside of the watched page (i.e. selecting multiple items on the PM page and executing an action) results in a GET request, which is received fine.

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #290 of 1,045
Thanks. But when I go to my account page, 'Information' tab, I don't see a link or a little pencil or any way to edit that info. I should be able to edit the 'About' and 'Signature' parts of that tab to update them right?

edit: I get it now, 'profile' and 'account' are separate pages for whatever reason...

Why, oh WHY is there no EDIT link right there on the Profile page? Not only is that common practice at thousands of forums, that's how it used to be, right here at Head-Fi. The worst of it is that this stuff isn't just a "computer glitch."

I smell an inexperienced person making a lot of lame decisions. Headphone manufacturers will no doubt see a dip in sales that can forever be attributed to this site's (hopefully, only temporary) train wreck. Head-Fi almost single-handedly drives this industry as a source of information and social exchange, but right now, we are knee-deep in molasses. We can't even search threads to find the information we need to make purchase decisions. This is the virtual equivalent of watching a tornado hit a public library. Rain-soaked books scattered everywhere. Chaos, where once there was order. It's really sad.

UPDATE: I just now stumbled into this statement by Jude. My frustration has been somewhat displaced with empathy - a good thing.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/new-head-fi-update.845500/page-42#post-13458354

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #291 of 1,045
I noticed that Chrome doesn't respect the size of text compared to Safari on iOS (iPad respects the text size) when changing it in one's signature. @zilch0md's signature is HUGE in Chrome, but small/normal in Safari on iOS.

May 2, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #294 of 1,045
Editing classifieds only lets you edit the description. How to change the price??

Choose "Edit Custom Fields" from the Thread Tools menu.

Classifieds.png

I'm relatively new but already butthurt from this new design. Can't even find my own reviews in user properties. Only "showcase items".

We're aware that the profile doesn't currently have an indicator showing all of someone's posted reviews. We're working to add that information to member profiles.

May 2, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #297 of 1,045
I clicked on go to mobile version once and it can never go back to desktop version. Also, there is no mobile page for the very front page. Please fix. Headfi is bascally not usable now. Very disappointed with the update.

If you're trying to return to desktop view, you can click the menu button (three horizontal lines, top right) and click "Switch to desktop theme" in the lower righthand corner. We're looking into a way to make this link more easily identifiable. We're also looking into a mobile version of the home page. Screenshots attached.

Header
Moble Header.png

Mobile view menu
Mobile Menu.png

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #298 of 1,045
After reading Judes post on the why behind the migration I don't envy @joe @AxelCloris and the others tasked with those hundreds of changes/adaptions... Obviously working hard and things *are* getting better.

May 2, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #300 of 1,045
Bandcamp, Soundcloud, Spotify, and more are now added via the media button in the editor!

Nice one!

Incidentally, when you use the Media button and whack in the URL for a specific track, you get:

Code:
[MEDIA=bandcamp]album_id=3227321150;track_id=4002752917;track_num=2[/MEDIA]

Are there any other attributes to play around with other than album_id, track_id and track_num? e.g. to change the layout and appearance of the embedded player?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back