New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Apr 30, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #226 of 1,045
Quoting a message still gives security error, same for trying to upload / introduce an image.

96b2a36f-a80e-4eae-bd9d-ce038eefbf15

Apr 30, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #227 of 1,045
I'd like to add my thanks & support to all the Developers & Troubleshooters who have & are still going through the massive task to fix this.

Jude's explanation of not enough available beta testing time & the irreversible loss of the original platform does provide some answers & does need to be published out more as the message still has not gotten through.

Cheers!!

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #230 of 1,045
Gmorning y'all

Just wanted to check back in and say that I'm seeing improvements.

I can now log in with Android.

Some bugs I'm experiencing is that when looking at my account (in mobile mode) I am experiencing the following:

The Recent Activity tab isn't functional. States "The following error occurred" followed by "Security error occurred. Please refresh the page and try again." When I refresh the page and try again I get the same result.

The Showcase tab isn't functional. States "The following error occurred" followed by "Security error occurred. Please refresh the page and try again." When I refresh the page and try again I get the same result.

The Postings tab isn't functional. States "The following error occurred" followed by "Security error occurred. Please refresh the page and try again." When I refresh the page and try again I get the same result.

NOTE: This only happens when I'm logged into my account. When I'm not logged in I'm not experiencing this problem

Also, I don't have a review index. There is a link under my name (thank you for that BTW) but clicking on it takes me a page that is null.

Apr 30, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #235 of 1,045
It sure would be nice if the Forums worked with IE 11. It is the only approved browser at my work. It still has around 35% of the browser use.. which translates into a whole bunch of people using it.

Apr 30, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #236 of 1,045
Your Date of Birth is now displayed in the Head-Fi Profile, by default.

Edit your Profile to turn it off.

Identity thieves are probably harvesting this information, gleefully.

Thanks, Head-Fi!

/sarc/
If you're that concerned about it, why enter that info to begin with? Head-fi certainly doesn't need that info...

Apr 30, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #237 of 1,045
Thanks for the link Roscoe. We're following that thread as well.

Thanks for the feedback. I've added these to our list.

I don't have an answer for the linked videos just yet, but I'll look into it for you. We are working on user guides for the site and we're currently trying to squash the login timeouts and errors. Appreciate the feedback.

The classifieds are a work in progress. Right now they're more like a normal thread than they were on the old platform just so everyone has the ability to buy and sell gear. As we move forward we'll be looking into making it a more robust system, similar in feel to what we had before but easier to use for everyone. There's definitely going to be an adjustment period while everyone gets used to the new navigation.

Hi Jude,
I've been trying post an ad,on the buy/sell forum
My user ID is-mikek200,and I've been a member since 2012.
Can you PLEASE GIVE ME A LINK,AS TO ACTUALLY POST MY AD,?
I keep getting an 404 error message.

I appreciate all the hard work,regarding this upgrade,but,man...it is murder to navigate

RSVP-me,if/when you can,
Mikek200

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #239 of 1,045
Pretty annoyed as I spent some time writing a post only to get hit with having used too many characters!!! then I lost my words and I'll have to rewrite it

upload_2017-4-30_21-31-52.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back