1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Feedback & Bug Reports' started by axelcloris, Apr 26, 2017.
First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last
  1. UNOE
    I really hope to just have the old site back. I have no benefits to me with new site with way to much lost. I can't think of a complaint about the old site.

Viber and jeffhawke like this.
  2. joe Administrator
  3. Hisoundfi Contributor
    Be patient guys.

I'm checking back every couple of hours to see more improvements made.

This is a thread to report issues and bugs, not just say the whole thing is bad. Read the OP link to Jude's comments in regards to the necessity of the change, and give this some time.

This website is great because of the community participation. Let's make that the case during this transition.

joe and harry501501 like this.
  4. Dobrescu George
    Hi, Thank you for letting us know!

I had no idea that the change was necessary, nor did I know about Hudler getting closed ans such.

I have seen notable improvements over the past few days, and I gotta say, now it is much better than when I first opened the new interface. I would even dare to say it is possible to live with.

I would still want to ask for the quoted text to be the same size as normal text and to avoid quoted text going italic, and I would love it the site could go wider for 16:9 web pages and displays since I'm only reading head-fi on laptop and it is too tight / not wide enough for my monitor. Basically, there are two huge gray stripes on left and right. I know it will get fixed, wanted to let you know that we're looking forward for it!

5. TwinQY
    If/until they resolve that, you can tweak the CSS properties by setting full-width from 1240px to auto, and adjusting generic-content-wrapper and nav bar stuff accordingly. It's a real hassle to tweak everything else to fit, but at least post content will fit according to page width. You could also switch to the mobile version.

wink and Dobrescu George like this.
  6. harry501501
    Hey, I'm getting two dark grey vertical bars at each side of the page

Dobrescu George likes this.
  7. Dobrescu George
    That sounds like a bit of a trick shot for me.

How do I switch to the mobile version while on a desktop? Seems that the mobile version resizes better, but I can't find an option to do it on desktop, the link seems the same on mobile.

8. TwinQY
    Should be a big button on the far right of the bottom nav bar. Also, you can go into your preferences, and through the top option where you select a theme, select the mobile version. Every subsequent log in will have you default into the mobile vresion.

wink likes this.
  9. daphen
    Ah, alright, that explains it. Thanks for the heads up and sorry if I came off as harsh.

10. Dobrescu George
    I also apologize to the development team if I came a bit strong about the changes before!

Thanks a lot!

Found it. Seems to be working. I like having wider pages!

The menu is clearly not ideal for laptop, but it works out fine for now sine the pages are wider.

Thanks!

One thing I've noticed, not personally annoyed by it , but it still exists: A ton of people are using public messages instead of personal ones to communicate. I don't know how to fix this, I already managed to use PMs correctly and send new ones, curious how can we help everyone use them correctly (?)

11. LCMusicLover
    Search! Search!! Search!!!...you get the idea. Most important hole right now. All the rest takes a back seat to

Search! Search!! Search!!! Search! Search!! Search!!! Search! Search!! Search!!! Search! Search!! Search!!! Search! Search!! Search!!! Search! Search!! Search!!! Search! Search!! Search!!! Search! Search!! Search!!! Search! Search!! Search!!! Search! Search!! Search!!! Search! Search!! Search!!! Search! Search!! Search!!! Search! Search!! Search!!! Search! Search!! Search!!! Search! Search!! Search!!! Search! Search!! Search!!!

Did I mention that you should be working on Search

jeffhawke likes this.
  12. Dobrescu George
    When sing the mobile version, the Head-Fi bar at the top is pretty pixellated / aliased.

Not a big problem and I understand that this might happen to save resoruces for mobile users, but it is something to take into account (?)

13. AxelCloris Administrator
    Mobile users! We've made some adjustments to squash the browsing errors when accessing the site from Android devices. If you're still running into the errors, please clear your cache, force quite the browser, relaunch and try again. If you're still experiencing the errors after that, please send me a PM with details (and screenshots if possible) and we'll look into it.

Stillhart and Hisoundfi like this.
  14. KG Jag
    Has anyone else had trouble logging on after the site update?

I could not sign on with my old password--even after reinstating it with a pw update. I could log in right after the pw "change" but not at a later time. I changed my pw to something else to post this. Will have to see if it will stick and allow subsequent sign ons.

All interactions have been with with either a laptop or desktop Windows computer.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  15. jeffhawke
    All my likes and reputation are gone!!! And cannot search threads with keywords anymore, which makes any research almost impossible.
    GIVE US THE OLD SITE BACK, LIKE THIS IT'S NOT FUN ANYMORE!

First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last