New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Nov 13, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #1,127 of 1,937
I'm honestly not quite sure what it is I like about both of them. I still haven't really compared the two directly because I've just been getting an overall feel for the three pairs I mentioned. I'd have to say the 3.Ai does just about everything the HJEs do, but a little better. The only thing I've really been more impressed with on the HJEs compared to the 3.Ai is the realism of drums and the like. I think the dynamic just does it better in that regard. I'll do some A/B and let you know.

Nov 13, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #1,128 of 1,937

Listening to these now. I can't post impressions vs the regular SE215 since I don't have them anymore, but I can post up general impressions later.

Jan 10, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #1,130 of 1,937
What iem would be best for someone that enjoys the Ultrasone HFi 580s sound sig? Shure SE215(normal or limited edition) or Rockit Sound R-50.

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #1,131 of 1,937
I went through the same thing between the shure and r50. I got the 215 for xmas and am now returning to them. They don't have the sound I like. Lots of bass, and lots of unclean too much for my liking and the width isnt what i wanted to hear. I ordered the r50 and am now waiting. In the meantime Im rocking the e2c's and the hf5. 

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #1,136 of 1,937
Yeah the SE215 aren't a STELLAR value when compared to the real bang-for-buck performers in the $80-$100 range, but they perform better than most stuff out there for the money as an all-rounder, and the build with such sturdy replaceable cables is pretty much unbeatable at any price point. The SE215 is up there with the Creative Aurvana Live! as my two most often recommended headphones to "average listeners" who are looking to make the step above mainstream audio.
Quote:
i thought for the price range, i would go for TDK BA200, don't really think that SE215 was good for its money.

Maybe its just me :S

Cheers!

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #1,138 of 1,937
How durable is the SE215? I want to use these for working out, running, biking, shooting some hoops, etc. Anyone who has had these and have used them in the gym since day 1 have any input?

Also, is the sound quality worth it over the much cheaper SoundMAGIC E10?

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #1,139 of 1,937
Quote:
How durable is the SE215? I want to use these for working out, running, biking, shooting some hoops, etc. Anyone who has had these and have used them in the gym since day 1 have any input?

Also, is the sound quality worth it over the much cheaper SoundMAGIC E10?

I bought these for gym use and motorcycle highway riding.  I don't sweat that much so I don't know if they are super sweat resistant.  I do a lot of Olympic lifts so I get the cord tossed around and yanked out.  Definitely lasted longer than my other IEMs.  They seem very durable.  Had them for maybe a year and I lift/run/bike 4-5 times a week.

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #1,140 of 1,937
Quote:
I bought these for gym use and motorcycle highway riding.  I don't sweat that much so I don't know if they are super sweat resistant.  I do a lot of Olympic lifts so I get the cord tossed around and yanked out.  Definitely lasted longer than my other IEMs.  They seem very durable.  Had them for maybe a year and I lift/run/bike 4-5 times a week.

Thanks for the info. Will be picking these up then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back