New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Jul 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #1,111 of 1,937
so i've been looking around and I haven't seen many opinions on this; but how are these for serious running? (6-7 days a week/5+ miles at moderate-to-fast pace).  Is the bone conduction too much?  I have a crappy pair of regular buds that I use right now, but it just occurred to me the other day that I may be able to use these.  (didn't want to mess the se215's up if its not recommended 
confused_face.gif
)

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #1,112 of 1,937
Quote:
so i've been looking around and I haven't seen many opinions on this; but how are these for serious running? (6-7 days a week/5+ miles at moderate-to-fast pace).  Is the bone conduction too much?  I have a crappy pair of regular buds that I use right now, but it just occurred to me the other day that I may be able to use these.  (didn't want to mess the se215's up if its not recommended 
confused_face.gif
)

You can definitely go running with them. The 64" will be an issue depending on your height. You'll need a cable wrap of some sort to manage it so it doesn't get caught on anything (had it happen to me already).

Jul 19, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #1,113 of 1,937
Running with these?

If you want to hear every single thump of your feet with every step, go for it.
Otherwise not recommended at all.

They go deep and seal very well which means you will hear the thud each step of your run.

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #1,118 of 1,937
Quote:
I hated my Clear Shures... maybe it's because I tend to wear black all the time, but the Clear Shures really made it apparent that I was wearing IEM's...

Couldn't agree more. When I had the SE 215s, they looked extremely obvious in my ears. They sounded great though 
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #1,119 of 1,937
Another way to wear them is with cinching behind the head. It pulls the memory wire down effectively and the main wire can go down the back or over the shoulder to the front and down your side. These have been my favorite traveling IEM and yesterday's jaunt conveyed how effective the behind head cinching has been. Especially when I switched to a different IEM in the same visit.

Yesterday, I carried a back pack and a small shoulder bag; the shoulder bag holding an amped music source. Getting on subways and grabbing a seat will require you to remove or swing your luggage around and it was all good. While in the city, I switched to my A161P's to give those a listen and man, did those wires get tangled, caught-up and the IEM's yanked out of my ears. At least three times, the wires got yanked out with the entanglement what often occurred while manipulating my luggage. Got me pissed because the A161P wire isn't all that stout and I didn't want to break the set, it being new and all. Nowhere near the carry comfort as the SE-215; which managed not to get snagged while wearing them in the manner described above. It's a hidden asset to music listening bag carriers in navigating tight quarters among crowds.

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #1,121 of 1,937
Quote:
Guess I'll be going for the black ones then, so that people don't think I'm deaf or something... So you guys think these are a good buy? Any alternatives?

I use my pair all the time as a general beater/gym IEM, great buy, no problems with the cable connection, isolate lots of sound(especially with the foam tips) and very comfortable. I am however considering the JVC HA-FXT90 as an alternative(not because I think they'll be much better, but just for a different sound when out and about).

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #1,122 of 1,937
ClieOS's post from page 53 just saved my pair from being replaced, I can testify that if the sound's breaking up as you're turning the cable, squeezing the pin socket a little bit works like magic! 

I'm so relieved, I've had them for over a year, and out of all the earplugs I've had these are just simply the best. I liked my RE-0, but that wasn't it, the bass wasn't there. And well, they're just simply better than Denon AH-c360 and Creative Zen Aurvana. If they ever break for good I'll either get a new pair of these or replace them with some other Shures.

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #1,123 of 1,937
Guess I'll be going for the black ones then, so that people don't think I'm deaf or something... So you guys think these are a good buy? Any alternatives?

I don't know about alternatives, but they sure are a good buy. I've had them for about a year and a half and haven't had a single issue with them. I still love their sound, they're really fun to listen to. I think you'll enjoy them very much if you like a sort of bass heavy signature. They are definitely worth the money in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back