New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Feb 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #1,081 of 1,937

Quote:
I believe that the SE215 is a new entry into the Shure line designed to bridge the gap between the SE115 and SE315 series. It uses a dynamic driver (like the SE115) but has the detachable cable (like the SE315). The SE210 has a balanced armature driver which would probably justify the higher price.

okey so the se315 has a "single high-definition microdriver with tuned bassport" does this mean that the se315 has a balanced armature drive like the se210 but with extra bass?? because i like my se210 but wouldn't mind some extra bass.

if i will buy the se215 than it would be basically going downwards? i dont what that

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #1,082 of 1,937
I personally haven't heard the SE315 or SE210 so I'm not really too sure. From what I think, the SE215 will have better bass since a single dynamic driver can hit the low frequencies 'better' than a single BA. The BA should have the same extension, but a dynamic driver produces more impact. I have heard the Westone 1, a single BA IEM and although the bass extension was there, it lacked the impact of a dynamic driver. I think the SE210/SE315 would behave in a similar manner as the Westone 1 though.
The "tuned bassport" is just fancy marketing talk in my opinion, but I may be wrong considering I haven't heard either of them.

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #1,083 of 1,937

Quote:

okey so the se315 has a "single high-definition microdriver with tuned bassport" does this mean that the se315 has a balanced armature drive like the se210 but with extra bass?? because i like my se210 but wouldn't mind some extra bass.

if i will buy the se215 than it would be basically going downwards? i dont what that

I have the SE315 and I wouldn't describe them as having anything "extra" in the bass department. Bass is reproduced well, but the impact is minimal. The high end tends to hurt my eardrums a little bit, but all in all they sound fantastic.

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #1,084 of 1,937
i am now confused wich one to buy :S se215 or se315 or maybe se425 (but a little out of my budget)

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #1,085 of 1,937
In my opinion, the SE215 offers more bang for the buck than the SE315.

On amazon at the moment, the SE215 go for $100, SE315 go for $195, the TF10 go for $160 and the GR07 go for $180.

At this price, the TF10 would be the best value considering it is a triple BA IEM which produces much better sound than the SE315 and SE215.

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #1,086 of 1,937

Quote:
i am now confused wich one to buy :S se215 or se315 or maybe se425 (but a little out of my budget)

If you're stuck on Shure, I should have my 315s up for sale in a couple days.

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #1,087 of 1,937
I want to buy shure because i can buy them in a shop here, so its easy if to use the warranty. if i will buy other brand like GR07 or UE I will have to order them from a site like amazone and if something happens i'll have to send them back... (cost a lot of time and money)

And the shure have a detachable cable, i know there are a lot of problems with them but i think/hope shure has solved that problem.

But if you guys know better earphones for about the same price with detachable cable than i may consider them.

i know i am a bitt of topic..... sorry :S

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #1,088 of 1,937
What actually matters is your sound preference. In that particular price range of 100, the Shure SE215 should be perfect for those casual listeners looking for powerful bass with clear mids and a more spatial soundstage.

Next you can consider the Westone 1, which is quite versatile for listening to music, sounds fun and coloured, while the Westone UM1, produces a sort of vocal projection whilst keeping the rest of the sounds under control that gives a laid back kind of impression.

It all boils down to music preferences.

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #1,089 of 1,937
i like the sound of my SE210 so i think i go for the shure se215 or se315. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #1,091 of 1,937
I'm thinking of purchasing this IEM, but the more I read, the more I doubt myself :-/, this driving me nuts...
they seem to have a very bad build quality :frowning2:

I had the same thought but finally bit the bullet and bought on this week. If the connection problem has been fixed, then these actually some of the best build IEM's I've owned. They feel really solid. It is just that stupid problem with the connection shorting out. I have not had a problem with it yet, so I'll just have to wait and see. The fact that they have a two year warranty and Shure seems to have good support from what others have said comforts me a little.

I am more unsure of the sound. I have been using BA's and I am not sure I like the shift back to dynamics. Not as detailed, at least that is my first impression. But I am going to give them some time to grow on me and see if I change my mind.

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #1,092 of 1,937
I had the same thought but finally bit the bullet and bought on this week. If the connection problem has been fixed, then these actually some of the best build IEM's I've owned. They feel really solid. It is just that stupid problem with the connection shorting out. I have not had a problem with it yet, so I'll just have to wait and see. The fact that they have a two year warranty and Shure seems to have good support from what others have said comforts me a little.
I am more unsure of the sound. I have been using BA's and I am not sure I like the shift back to dynamics. Not as detailed, at least that is my first impression. But I am going to give them some time to grow on me and see if I change my mind.

yeah, I don't have much bucks here, so I need to plan my purchase well, considering there's so much problem with se215, that makes me take a step back and rethink about buying this :frowning2:. I'm considering about taking other IEM such RE-ZERO.
well, I think it has completely different sound sig compare to this SE215, but I've listened to RE-0 and I amazed how I love RE-0's smooth treble

well, I just hope you don't encounter the connection problem.. :wink:
btw, how old is your SE215 exactly?

Feb 11, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #1,093 of 1,937
Ive been loveing my 215's
Great for public transport and walking.

Anyone looking for a close up view of used 215's and how the heads detach from the cable look here :wink:

Mar 5, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #1,094 of 1,937
hey guys, i just bought the 215's, and i am one of the very few around here, who is not really impressed with them, even after about 100 hours of burn in... thinking of buying an e6. you think it's worth the 30? will it change stuff? i need more bass and more empowering and warm sound.

Mar 5, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #1,095 of 1,937

Quote:
hey guys, i just bought the 215's, and i am one of the very few around here, who is not really impressed with them, even after about 100 hours of burn in... thinking of buying an e6. you think it's worth the 30? will it change stuff? i need more bass and more empowering and warm sound.

It probably has something to do with your listening tastes. If it's hip hop, and you want bass, I can see why you feel that way. The 315's leave me wanting more bass but I know what to expect from their design (and they were free), so I can deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back