New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Apr 14, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #496 of 1,937

Quote:
they should be identical from the outset.  have you tried swapping them round, and different sources? is the jack fully inserted? if its not all the way in it'll sound odd

Yeah I tried everything, but in all honesty the problem seems to my psychological. One I wear them for a while and don't think about it, they seem to be balanced. Regardless, its not a noticeable difference and I was just being very picky.

I must say though that they are VERY ADDICTIVE. I was up until 5am listening to music and am up 5 hours later doing just that.

Apr 14, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #497 of 1,937
I am pretty new to this...

I used to have the Ety's ER6i and it broke. Somehow, I downgraded to Shure's SE115 by accident. Since then, I have lost confidence in Shure.
Anyone compared the Westone 1 VS. Shure SE215? Their price range is pretty much the same.
I am used to using the Triple Flange sleeves too and I noticed SE215 doesn't come with that in the Pack-ins.

Any suggestions/comments/reviews will be appreciated.

Apr 14, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #498 of 1,937
These are really good built earphones. If only highs had been less recessed...
I am trying them from some days and the only real personal issue is with my ears and with congested tracks. In general after an hour I feel the need to remove them for a while. My left ear accepts them well, the right no as well. The back hurts my ear where touches it.
It's very strange, they seem to have a double face. they work quite well with details and separation of low congested tracks. are fantastic for me. they handle very well every single instrument or voice before they start to sound all together. they are not muddy, just the whole level of detail goes down.

Apr 14, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #499 of 1,937
If the detail issue is important to you Narwayo, you might consider trying the Shure 315's.  Oddly enough, just last night I was noticing the fact that my 315's sounded very detailed with, as you put it, congested tracks.  I was listening to some Chemical Brothers, Orbital, and Crystal Method.  Some of those tracks can get VERY dense - but the 315's still allowed the detail to shine through.

As far as comfort goes, they are shaped the same as the 215's, so there would be no improvement there.

Apr 14, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #500 of 1,937

Quote:
I must say though that they are VERY ADDICTIVE. I was up until 5am listening to music and am up 5 hours later doing just that.

I had a similar experience with my 315's last night.  I was basking in the detail and comfort these 'phones provide.  There wasn't much of a wow factor for me when I first bought them, but I'm finding I REALLY enjoy the 'phones the more I use them.  Very addictive :).

Apr 14, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #501 of 1,937
I'm not quite getting the hype about these.

These are good, smooth, non-fatiguing and comfortable, yes. However, this is what they're not: original.

They are boring, really. They actually kill most of the emotions of songs due to lacking highs, warm mids and accentuated midbass.
It's like they were designed for background listening. I can't really get into the music.

Maybe it's because I'm used to the HJE900, but if the SE215 did one thing to me, it's to appreciate the Panasonics even more!

Apr 14, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #502 of 1,937
i know that iems and full sized headphones are different but has anyone compared these iems to the shure srh840. particularly the highs because the highs on the 840s are sharp and it drives me nuts.

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #503 of 1,937
For those finding the highs too recessed, try a larger diameter bore tip like those of the Sensorcomm or the FS Atrios.

Did that on the SE215s and found it to be better balanced, extending on both ends and giving off slightly better treble energy.

Ultrazino: One man's meat is another man's poison, you may enjoy the energy of the HJE900, but that same energy would be the very same thing that drives others to listening fatigue. Compared to the HJE900, the more laid back treble presentation of the SE215 allows it to listened to for longer periods of time for some.

Apr 15, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #504 of 1,937
I also found the sensorcom tips to help the treble be a bit livelier but it also reduced the bass a bit in comparison to the olive tips which is good and bad depending on the music being played. I am still enjoying the SE215 quite a bit though. More than my SM3 for the most part. If I could get the treble of my Denon 560R with the rest of what the SE215 does I would be very satisfied. As it is I am content to be mostly satisfied :).

Apr 15, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #505 of 1,937
Hmm, might be high time to go the Custom route =O

Apr 15, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #506 of 1,937
I actually prefer dynamic over BA just like the bass better as well as th decay of dynamics. So while tempted to try customs I have held off. To be blunt other than wanting to try the FX700 I am seriously considering selling most of my higher end stuff and getting back to just enjoying music and spending money on things that integrate me with my family rather than isolate me not to mention take away funds that could be used for everyone vs just myself.

Apr 15, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #507 of 1,937
Curious about trying the FX700 out meself, considering the praise its been getting. Sounds as if its got a good coloration that's very enjoyeable behind it and doesn't sound as sterile as the SM3, I'm just unsure of its aggressive bass, the one point I didn't enjoy about the JH13 (listening fatigue). Still sounds interesting though =)

Too bad it doesn't isolate, so I can't use it for travel purposes, but I can probably rid of the RP-21 and SRH840 if I decide to get it since full sized headphones are pretty much unuseable outside in this country no thanks to its weather =O

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #509 of 1,937
How long did you have it for? I have came across a few posts where one of the buds has died. did you try reattaching the cable?
pure bummer... This steers me away and have me lean toward choosing the Westone 1 over SE215.

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #510 of 1,937

Quote:
I actually prefer dynamic over BA just like the bass better as well as th decay of dynamics. So while tempted to try customs I have held off. To be blunt other than wanting to try the FX700 I am seriously considering selling most of my higher end stuff and getting back to just enjoying music and spending money on things that integrate me with my family rather than isolate me not to mention take away funds that could be used for everyone vs just myself.

x2
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back