New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Mar 31, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #376 of 1,937
i would also like to know the URL of the $65 deal.  Just incase they bring it back :)

Thanks

Quote:
"could someone PM the URL of where the $65 deal over at Amazon was found? My searching skills seem to have failed as its $99 everywhere I see now."

that deal went VERY FAST,    the last few sold within a minute,  luckily i typed quickly

Mar 31, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #379 of 1,937

Quote:
I love MotoGP man! I'm actually a HUGE an of the American riders (Hayden/Edwards/Spies), but Stoner and Rossi are also up there on my favorites list.

I guess Lorenzo ain't very good, eh?

Mar 31, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #380 of 1,937

Quote:
I love MotoGP man! I'm actually a HUGE an of the American riders (Hayden/Edwards/Spies), but Stoner and Rossi are also up there on my favorites list.

Quote:
I guess Lorenzo ain't very good, eh?

you just can't beat that Rossi Stoner battle at Laguna Seca  seasons ago, and their 'chat' in park ferme afterwards!.  Or Rossi's psycho passes on Lorenzo last year.  Looks like the championship is Stoner's to lose this season though! 

Mar 31, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #381 of 1,937

Quote:
I just demoed these using the grey soft flex tips which I always prefer, not as impressed as some people are. The bass is great but the midrange is not very clear; the shure midrange magic still sits in its armature models as I listened to the SE315 and SE425 afterwards. The midrange is not as smooth or as rich as the upper armature models but for pure bass amount, the SE215 top the SE425 and SE315. I heard some harshness and the treble is nothing to write home about. I can recommend these to a bass head though, they do have the fun factor. I tried the Klipsch S4 which is in the same price range, the midrange and treble is noticeably more refined compared to the SE215, the bass is solid but quantity wise it is not as much as the SE215. Not sure how much burn in will help these SE215, but my wallet is safe for now. Even though the sound is okay, the build and removeable cable still makes it a very attractive IEM. Soundwise, I prefered the S4. I was expecting the midrange to be better so I was a bit disappointed when I heard it, well you get what you pay for.

Interesting impressions - thanks.

Mar 31, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #382 of 1,937
Just got my SE215's in from Amazon. First impression is that the cord is excellent, the ear-wrap portion is much softer than I expected based on all the negative comments about it. I am used to having a stiff section wrapped around my ears anyway so I have already got it formed and it is very comfortable for me. The rest of the earpiece was a bit smaller than I expected and seems to fit my ear perfectly. Inserting into my ear was completely natural and easy but again I am used to this type of configuration. Construction wise these seem to be 150% better than my old E2c's. 

Sound wise I only listened to a couple of tracks but they had great separation, the highs were better than I was expecting and the bass was not overpowering but I had not messed with finding the best tips for complete isolation. I have hooked them up to my iPod and will be playing them all day, tonight they will get a full listening to for sound impressions.

Mar 31, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #383 of 1,937

Quote:
They would need to disclose that on the product description then.  It was listed as "buy new" on my screen last night.  *shrug*

Got an email notice from amazon. These $65 SE215s have been shipped with UPS tracking number. I expect that they will be delivered by next Monday or Tuesday.

Mar 31, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #385 of 1,937
No one seems to have mentioned the merchant that sold the SE215 for $65. It's not sold directly by Amazon but rather a merchant selling through Amazon; there's a difference.

Mar 31, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #386 of 1,937

Quote:

you just can't beat that Rossi Stoner battle at Laguna Seca  seasons ago, and their 'chat' in park ferme afterwards!.  Or Rossi's psycho passes on Lorenzo last year.  Looks like the championship is Stoner's to lose this season though! 

I hate to be off topic, but that year at Laguna Seca I was working for MotoGP as a track marshall. I just happened to be on the track at the cork screw when "the pass" happened. It looked great on TV, but to be literally 5 feet from them when it happened was simply amazing. Im actually in the background for some of the race posters lol.

Mar 31, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #387 of 1,937
I got these IEM's a few days ago and have to say I am very very satisfied with its price

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Mar 31, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #388 of 1,937

Quote:

I hate to be off topic, but that year at Laguna Seca I was working for MotoGP as a track marshall. I just happened to be on the track at the cork screw when "the pass" happened. It looked great on TV, but to be literally 5 feet from them when it happened was simply amazing. Im actually in the background for some of the race posters lol.

omg that was one of THE race moments of our time, respect!

I'm no Stoner fan but boy can he ride, I was gutted when he lost the front a few laps later but I think Rossi always had the upper hand psychologically after that pass. 

Do you still marshall?

I also note your 916 moniker-what a bike!

rather than hijack the thread prolly best to PM me if we're gonna talk bikes

Mar 31, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #389 of 1,937
Well I was home today when UPS showed up so I was able to get my SE215's and after about an hour of listening so far I can not too shabby. I can say that so far the housing fit well in my ears and, although for the first 5min I wanted to tear the memory wire to pieces and cussed out a few Shure engineers, the cable is growing on me. I do feel that the cable is very strong and after some time the memory wire has been getting much better/comfortable. 

As for the sound, really too early to tell where I would "rank" it however the bass is quite nice and the mids are very enjoyable to me. So far I am enjoying them and not really thinking about what aspects are good or bad, just listening to some music and not thinking about the gear. This right away indicates to me that they are doing a pretty respectable job especially for a $100 IEM that is built as solidly as these. 

Apr 1, 2011 at 4:14 AM Post #390 of 1,937
My curiosity got the best of me.  Order placed, wallet a little bit lighter and I hope it lives up to the hype. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back