New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Mar 10, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #61 of 1,937

Quote:
I totally understand someone not really being a fan of the Eterna V1's. I really do enjoy mine and think they are a great "rock out" sort of iem where I just put them in and jam. However, if you are looking for more than that there are better options out there, that is for sure. As for them being over hyped, I think it's just that for their particular sound they do a great job for the money however if one doesn't enjoy that particular sound signature than yes they would probably not be viewed too well.

I think with the Eterna's the term YMMV really applies quite strongly 
biggrin.gif

Is it wrong that I'm wishing everyone would hurry up and get their SE215's so I can hear about them? 
tongue.gif

No sir, patience may be a virtue, but if you ask me it's a four letter word with four extra letters :)

Mar 10, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #62 of 1,937
Hmm. Sounds intresting, I need an IEM for use when Im tired of my HD25-1's and when working out.

@Flavio T how do these hold up to sweat and work out? I tend to do 30-40 minuet runs and need headphoens that can stay in as well as resist sweat fairly well. And do these have standard tips or are they proprietry like klipsch? 

Thanks.

Mar 10, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #63 of 1,937
Reviews and first impressions... I DONT NEED NO REVIEWS AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS!!!!!

Ahhh come on guys just a few first impressions!!!! I have to wait for the dang nubbin mail system anyway so come onnnnnnn....

Mar 10, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #64 of 1,937

Quote:
No sir, patience may be a virtue, but if you ask me it's a four letter word with four extra letters :)

I concur that it may be a virtue...one that I don't have nor wish to have 
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #65 of 1,937
Earphone Solutions was nice enough to REQUIRE a signature on my delivery today so of course, I wasn't home and now I have to actually drive 30 miles in lovely LA traffic to pick them up tomorrow.  Gotta love when they don't disclose that...I would have had them shipped to work had I known.  Apparently they screwed up so they were nice enough to refund the difference between Overnight and 2-Day shipping, so at least I saved 15 bucks because of their mistake.  So yeah...instead of tonight, you get the impressions tomorrow night!  LOL.  Blame Earphone Solutions.

Mar 11, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #66 of 1,937
looking forward to hear your impressions about them,  hope you like them.

Quote:
Earphone Solutions was nice enough to REQUIRE a signature on my delivery today so of course, I wasn't home and now I have to actually drive 30 miles in lovely LA traffic to pick them up tomorrow.  Gotta love when they don't disclose that...I would have had them shipped to work had I known.  Apparently they screwed up so they were nice enough to refund the difference between Overnight and 2-Day shipping, so at least I saved 15 bucks because of their mistake.  So yeah...instead of tonight, you get the impressions tomorrow night!  LOL.  Blame Earphone Solutions.

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #67 of 1,937

Quote:

I hate to hold things up but how about you run them in overnight before going to the trouble of posting impressions.

Mar 11, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #68 of 1,937
Quote:
I hate to hold things up but how about you run them in overnight before going to the trouble of posting impressions.

If I was some professional like you guys all are, sure, I could do that, but I can only really compare them to the headphones I currently have...I will be less than helpful to most of you guys and your trained ears.  :)  I burn in my headphones when I get them...but can't tell the difference so what's the point?  Obviously I'll preface any of my comments about these or any other headphones I have with the obligatory (rookie, grain of salt) statements.

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #69 of 1,937

First one word description of the Shure SE215s after simply taking them out of the package and putting on some tunes from my Zune HD...wow.  Never heard a Shure headphone with as much bass as these which is a good thing.  Maybe not quite as much as the Turbines which I also really like, but definitely impressive so far.  The mids seem a bit ressessed compared to the highs and lows so it's definitely a V shaped sound.  That's about all I can explain with my limited experience with IEMs...we'll see how it goes through the weekend.  

I'm having a little trouble with the fit at this point...not exactly easy to get on my ears...I've gotta really push them in hard to get them to not stick out.  It's hard to explain...I guess it's the cable connects at the top not being bendy and the distance between the top of my canal to my ear isn't very far so it kind of pulls the earphone away from my ear if I don't shove the thing in far.  We'll see if that gets better with use.  I definitely like the fit of the Phonak Audeo Perfect Bass and the Turbines better, but it's still early.  These just seem quite a bit bigger than what I'm used to.

So far so good though...gotta burn em some more.

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #70 of 1,937
I like a V shape signature so I like what your hearing so far. Does the bass have good texture and does it have any boominess or is it tight and impacting? Also what is the sound stage like? Finally are the mids just recessed in comparison to the bass and treble or it lacking clarity and detail?

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #72 of 1,937

Quote:
I like a V shape signature so I like what your hearing so far. Does the bass have good texture and does it have any boominess or is it tight and impacting? Also what is the sound stage like? Finally are the mids just recessed in comparison to the bass and treble or it lacking clarity and detail?

Well like I said, my expertise is quite limited with describing earbuds...but the bass has good texture and it's a ever so slightly boomy (not quite Turbine boomy) but it definitely is tight and impacting overall.  I've only listened to hip hop so far and they are holding up well for the most part.  Again, if these things were as easy to fit as my Phonaks or my Turbines, I'd keep them without a doubt.  I'm having doubts tho because of my weird ears.  

Soundstage seems bigger than the Turbines, but then again the Turbines definitely have a small stage so that's probably not saying much.  Everything is really clear, it just seems as tho the bass and the treble are the focal points.  The mids are there and they are clear, but it just seems like they are taking a backseat to the rest of the music.  

Again, rookie guinnea (sp?) pig here... :)

Damn, I just wish they fit me better and weren't such a pain to put in.  I guess they are the same as all of the other SE model Shures, so I guess if you have no trouble with the other models, you won't have problems with these.  I've never tried the new line so I wasn't sure what to expect (no pun intended).

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #73 of 1,937
One more thing...the cables overall are outstanding.  Nice and thick, but soft and pliable...without retaining shape at all and they are tough to twist or tangle easily.  Perfect really...just wish they weren't removable (even though that's what everyone loves about them).  That would solve my fit issue.

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #74 of 1,937

Very sorry about that. We packed many more packages than our normal day and to make matters worse the freight truck arrived after 4 pm and I had the girls breaking up the pallet and processing and packing as fast as possible. But going to a house under $150 there should not be a signature required. Our mistake.

Thanks for your understanding and sorry again for the extra driving on LA traffic. We're in Orlando but we get it bad sometimes as well :-|

Users who are viewing this thread

Back