New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
May 3, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #1,576 of 1,937

I see you listen to kpop. I can recommend the xba-40s and that would be around your price range.

On that note, I have my XBA-4's for sale. I can give you a good deal on them (in CAD since I'm in Canada as well!) if you are interested. Please feel free to check my feedback. 

The non-detachable cable is ruining it for me, sorry. I've been through too many earphones and IEMs that died due to the cable.

May 3, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #1,577 of 1,937
  The non-detachable cable is ruining it for me, sorry. I've been through too many earphones and IEMs that died due to the cable.

Sure, that is a good point. You just need to take care of them. I keep my XBA-4s in a pelican case and they've lasted almost a year and probably would last as long as I want them to. Before in high school where I just tossed my earbuds around I was going through a pair almost every month or two.

May 6, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #1,578 of 1,937
Hey guys, just got my SE215 and have a question. Are the tri-flanges really supposed to sound *that* bad? They sound really tinny and low-fi, for lack of a better term. The silicone and foam tips are fine though.

May 6, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #1,579 of 1,937
  Hey guys, just got my SE215 and have a question. Are the tri-flanges really supposed to sound *that* bad? They sound really tinny and low-fi, for lack of a better term. The silicone and foam tips are fine though.

Sounds like you are not getting a good seal with them.  Try cutting either the stalk or the top of the mushroom bit off and try again.  Be warned though that it's a one-way procedure...

Jun 5, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #1,583 of 1,937
  How much better are these IEMs compared to the Xiaomi Piston 2s which I just broke :[ I'm looking for an upgrade and I'm willing to shell out some money compared to what I spent for the Pistons.

The 215s will definitely be an upgrade to the Pistons with much better build quality. 

Although, hope you can get one at a good sale price as they are pretty dated now. Compared to the current generation of IEMs. 

Jun 5, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #1,584 of 1,937

The 215s will definitely be an upgrade to the Pistons with much better build quality. 

Although, hope you can get one at a good sale price as they are pretty dated now. Compared to the current generation of IEMs. 

$125 here in Canada :/ Anything you have in mind that would be ideal for me around that budget that has similar sound quality as the 215s. perhaps a little more crisp highs but same lows? Was thinking about momentums, are they a good deal for $99 and what would be the difference between them if you have had experience with them?

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #1,585 of 1,937
Get SE215 Special Edition if you like crisper or what I call audiophile-like treble (more sibilant)...also have more emphasis on sub-bass. SE215 Regular Edition for a more natural or live-sounding sound, clearer sound, and more definition on the bass department, especially the mid-bass down.

Jun 9, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #1,586 of 1,937
shure se215 is a must buy for 100 dollars range.will satisfied mostly everyone. very good noise isolation. i have used it on a long flight before with the soft ear bud it provied great long listening session with great sound. sounds far better than any other in ears like bose inear in my opinion.(iam a bose fan) shure sounds veryvery good.i used it on the go with fiio x5 mp3. one complain how ever was the fitting. its hard to put it on. sometime it can be annoying.other than that,my first impressions was just solid good sound.

Jun 9, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #1,587 of 1,937
shure se215 is a must buy for 100 dollars range.will satisfied mostly everyone. very good noise isolation. i have used it on a long flight before with the soft ear bud it provied great long listening session with great sound. sounds far better than any other in ears like bose inear in my opinion.(iam a bose fan) shure sounds veryvery good.i used it on the go with fiio x5 mp3. one complain how ever was the fitting. its hard to put it on. sometime it can be annoying.other than that,my first impressions was just solid good sound.

Quite easy to put it on for me, once the over-ear cable is formed. What's bugging me is putting it off. You can't just pull it off as fast as the "just plug and unplug" IEMs.

But really great sound, definition and very clean, especially the Regular Editions.

Jun 14, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #1,589 of 1,937
Tonight my HD650's hang on the wall, and the SE215's are in my ears. LOVE these things.

Congrats. When I first tried them, I thought, damn, this sounds very natural and lifelike, like live sound. I thought I was hearing sound as clean and accurate from a really good and expensive 3-way speakers with really good bass articulation.

My suggestion is don't use the olive/foam tips (which is the one pre-installed), it masks bit of treble; maybe this is why few folks thought it lacks sparkle. Using the silicone tips I thought the treble is perfect.

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #1,590 of 1,937
  Tonight my HD650's hang on the wall, and the SE215's are in my ears. LOVE these things.

The 215s are great but oh no, not as good as the HD650s for sure :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back