New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Apr 26, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #1,561 of 1,937
  Are the custom shells worth it? I may do this at some point!

I wouldn't say they are worth it for anything under the 846. At $150 I would just save up for full customs.

I put my order in for 2 CIEMs so I'm selling both my 215s and 425s and now have no use for the custom shells... :frowning2:

I think pretty much any CIEM > Universal IEM (avoid the cheap companies like Alien Ears I heard they sound bad and have channel imbalance issues) 

Apr 26, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #1,563 of 1,937
  Which customs are you getting?

Noble Audio 3C - but I'm thinking if its worth the extra $300 CAD for the 4C.... Canadian dollar is so bad buying any audio equipment is automatically a 25-30% increase in price :frowning2:

I put a hold on my V6-Stage, gonna wait for the new 1964Ears Adel line. 

EDIT: Oh and also the Sensaphonic customs may be worth it if you plan your Shure SEs for Stage use (that's what I did) without spending a lot more for a pair of full customs. But for music I would just save up. Hope this helps!

Apr 26, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #1,564 of 1,937
Noble Audio 3C - but I'm thinking if its worth the extra $300 CAD for the 4C.... Canadian dollar is so bad buying any audio equipment is automatically a 25-30% increase in price :frowning2:

I put a hold on my V6-Stage, gonna wait for the new 1964Ears Adel line. 

EDIT: Oh and also the Sensaphonic customs may be worth it if you plan your Shure SEs for Stage use (that's what I did) without spending a lot more for a pair of full customs. But for music I would just save up. Hope this helps!

Have you heard the 1964 Ears V3? And there's the PSB M4U 4, is this released already over there in Canada? PSB=Canadian, so released there first?...lol

Apr 26, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #1,565 of 1,937
Have you heard the 1964 Ears V3? And there's the PSB M4U 4, is this released already over there in Canada? PSB=Canadian, so released there first?...lol

Haha unfortunately I didn't get a chance to hear any 1964 products before buying but their reviews were raving so I guess I couldn't go wrong. But I'm sure you can't go wrong with any 1964Ears product... Great American company through my limited interactions with them.

I haven't heard the PSB IEMs yet but I did get a chance to hear the PSB M4U 2 and 1 at my local headphone store. Initial impressions were good bass quality and quantity but that's all I can remember it was brief and quite a while ago. Good deal for $399 if you absolutely need the ANC on the M4U 2.

Apr 27, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #1,566 of 1,937
Silicone would effectively reduce the bass, but it's because it adds treble. Treble is reduced on the foams. The bass would depend on how sealed the tips are in your ear canals, but the overall balance is tilted bit more to treble with the silicones.
I don't hear any bass bleeding into the mids in both Regulars and Specials. It's just that the Special's bass is lower into the sub-bass. What I hear that bleeds into the mids is the treble in the Specials when I use the silicone tips. It adds sibilance and grain. The foam tips cleans this up though.

I tried all 3 silicone tips, and the isolation just doesn't cut. I'll have to stick with the foams and a toned down EQ. Any recommendations on future IEMs that don't have too much bass bleed-in, yet decent bass response?

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #1,567 of 1,937
I tried all 3 silicone tips, and the isolation just doesn't cut. I'll have to stick with the foams and a toned down EQ. Any recommendations on future IEMs that don't have too much bass bleed-in, yet decent bass response?

You have the regulars or specials?

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #1,568 of 1,937
Okay guys... Im a newbie to this kinds of stuff but im planning to get some IEM's and i would like to choose between shure se215 and the ath IM70... Can anybody help me decide what to get because their price in my country is pretty much the same..
These are some keypoints i would like to see in an IEM:

Comfort
Sound Quality
Isolation
Build quality

Thanks in advance guys...

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #1,569 of 1,937
Okay guys... Im a newbie to this kinds of stuff but im planning to get some IEM's and i would like to choose between shure se215 and the ath IM70... Can anybody help me decide what to get because their price in my country is pretty much the same..
These are some keypoints i would like to see in an IEM:

Comfort
Sound Quality
Isolation
Build quality

Thanks in advance guys...

I trusted Tyll Hertsens on this and I couldn't be happier. Everything is perfect, especially if you believe in the Harman frequency response curve, which I believe is closest to the real thing (live music). Makes sense that the SE215 is originally designed for stage use by musicians.

Note that of all Tyll's reviews, the SE215 is the only IEM that made him say the word "wow"...twice...and he's referring to the sound...

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #1,570 of 1,937

You are most likely not getting a good seal, I found the isolation of the SE215s to be superb - one of the best. 

What is your budget for your next headphone?

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #1,571 of 1,937
You have the regulars or specials?

Regular

You are most likely not getting a good seal, I found the isolation of the SE215s to be superb - one of the best. 

What is your budget for your next headphone?

Yep, switching back to foam for the awesome isolation.

Budget is around $300 CAD (darn US products are like $200 more in Canadian dollars).

Apr 28, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #1,572 of 1,937
I trusted Tyll Hertsens on this and I couldn't be happier. Everything is perfect, especially if you believe in the Harman frequency response curve, which I believe is closest to the real thing (live music). Makes sense that the SE215 is originally designed for stage use by musicians.

Note that of all Tyll's reviews, the SE215 is the only IEM that made him say the word "wow"...twice...and he's referring to the sound...

Wow... Thanks man... Then the shure it is... I trust you and this "tyll" guy... Peace out..

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #1,574 of 1,937
  Regular
Yep, switching back to foam for the awesome isolation.

Budget is around $300 CAD (darn US products are like $200 more in Canadian dollars).

I see you listen to kpop. I can recommend the xba-40s and that would be around your price range.

On that note, I have my XBA-4's for sale. I can give you a good deal on them (in CAD since I'm in Canada as well!) if you are interested. Please feel free to check my feedback. 

Apr 28, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #1,575 of 1,937
Wow... Thanks man... Then the shure it is... I trust you and this "tyll" guy... Peace out..

Tyll is the main man at www.innerfidelity.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back