New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Sep 23, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #1,007 of 1,937
Sep 23, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #1,009 of 1,937
Sep 23, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #1,010 of 1,937
Raguvian said he modded the cable to make it shorter. In that case, Shure would not warrant it because in their opinion, the fact that you shortened the cable resulted in the fraying (even if it didn't). You can only claim warranty if everything is stock.

Sep 23, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #1,011 of 1,937
I've had mine for almost 6 months now, and haven't had a single issue. And trust me, I abuse them. They're taken to school every single day, I leave them laying around my bed for up to 2 days at a time, and I change tips constantly so my brother can use them too. So I support the idea of the bad batch. 

The sound quality is just lovely, too. At first, I was amazed at how much bass they produced, and was a bit disappointed by the highs and mids, but I feel that it has become a bit more neutral. Of course, it's still kind of bass heavy and has recessed highs, but the difference is not as noticeable now. Of course, it could just be me getting used to them, but that's what I'm hearing.

They're the best earphones I've ever owned. I enjoy everything on them. Blues, jazz, classical, metal, folk, trip-hop, house, rap. Everything sounds pretty. Not neutral, and not exceptionally detailed, but music sounds alive and fun to listen to with them. Highly recommended.

Sep 23, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #1,013 of 1,937
If i get more then 4 months out of these i feel i got my monies worth.

Sep 23, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #1,014 of 1,937

Quote:
If i get more then 4 months out of these i feel i got my monies worth.

I've gotten 3 months out of each of my sets.

Shure says they will warranty the earpieces if I send those in separately, so I will get new earpieces and I'm working on getting the pins so I can DIY a cable instead.

Sep 25, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #1,016 of 1,937
Is it true that newer batches have better quality control in regards to the connection/static/sound cutting out problems? If so, I'll grab one of these @ $73 cause that would be a steal for these.

Sep 25, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #1,017 of 1,937

Quote:
Is it true that newer batches have better quality control in regards to the connection/static/sound cutting out problems? If so, I'll grab one of these @ $73 cause that would be a steal for these.

Even if not shure has killer support. So if it comes to be replaced shure will do it.

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #1,018 of 1,937

Quote:

I'm over 2 weeks with mine with no problems, there seem to be others whose sets have held up well too. I got mine without knowledge of the quality issues but in retrospect I would have bought them anyways, knowing what I know now.

Sep 26, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #1,019 of 1,937
Soooo this happened,i was in the bus and my rockboxed sansa fuze settings were NO EQ and Bass 3 Treble 2(no matter what eq i used,i just couldn't get enough bass so i did the bass and treble boost when i first used this iem)
I was just listening to some mastodon and i wondered what these phones would sound like if i didn't boost the bass or treble.After reverting them back to zero(still no eq)Bass became much(i can't emphasis ''much'' enough) better,clearer,booming and slightly thumping.Treble somehow stayed the same(still slightly recessed but clear)
Tried it with various other genres too.Still awesome bass.You have to be a basshead to complain about the bass quantity.
So i think this iem should be used with flat eq,no boost or whatsoever.(they sounded terrific with flat eq out of my brothers iphone4's 3.5 mm  too) I even think that buying a low-end portable amp(like fiio e6) for this iem would be a waste of money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back