New Sennheiser HD 448.
Jul 3, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #136 of 203
Maybe the upgraditis is sneaking up to you? 8D

Stock HD 428/448 make great home cans, but their strengths are mitigated by portable use. I'd suggest investing in pair strictly for portable use if you find that bass leakage is a problem.

Maybe, as so many have suggested, a pair of M50? :D I hear those have fantastic bass performance.

Jul 3, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #137 of 203
No upgraditis here, only sidegraditis. I have the PX200-II on order, will get and review them next week. FWIR, they seem like awesome portable cans, plus they're real cheap, only 60$. The M50 I can get for 200 bucks, and I'm not really sure they'd make good portables.

But yeah, the HD448 are not really a portable option anymore, since they get crazy hot while wearing them outside in the sun.

Jul 3, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #138 of 203
Ah, I hope you'll enjoy the PX 200-II then. I prefer circum-aural cans though, because the pressure supra-aurals put on my earlobes causes a pain after a while.

Jul 5, 2010 at 6:59 AM Post #139 of 203
Hey zmd,

about the mod, i'm going to buy the HD 448 soon and I will try to make the mod you showed us a few pages before, but i couldn't understand everything you said in the written tutorial (english is not my first language :S). I also tried to download the video. but it says i got removed or something..

Could you re-upload the video again?

Thanks a lot

xStreame

Jul 5, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #140 of 203

Quote:
Stock HD 428/448 make great home cans, but their strengths are mitigated by portable use. I'd suggest investing in pair strictly for portable use if you find that bass leakage is a problem.

Yeah, I feel the HD448's rather thin cable (compared to other full-size Senns i've tried or owned) would prolly not hold up to constant portable use especially while walking around.

Aug 11, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #145 of 203
ah, man its not really that far off in terms of awesomeness from the hd485. 

EDIT: QUESTION!

can you pop of the dumb spokes on the HD438 without causing a problem

Aug 12, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #146 of 203
Hi ,
I cant decide between the 428/438 and 448s
as all 3 fall under the 'affordable' range , i thought it would be the safe bet to go with the most expensive of the 3 , ie , the 448s

the question i had was regarding the main cable on it

the specs on headphone.com says it doesnt have a detachable cable .. the link on the sennheiserindia website
http://www.sennheiserindia.com/sennheiser/products.nsf/resources/CAF9D934DC90FCEEC12575C200405C84/$File/SpecSheet_HD-448_GB.pdf

says (under contents of delivery) says that it has a 1.4m detachable cable and a 1.6m extension cable

i tried calling them to clarify ,but it wasnt much help

so can someone here please clear the doubt for me ..
what if the cable breaks .? easily detachable and replaceable or would it be the end of the headphones

Aug 12, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #147 of 203
The HD448 does not have a detachable cable. It has a fixed 1.4m cable and a 1.6 meter extension in the package.
A broken cable would not be that hard to replace on these headphones, really, so I wouldn't worry about it being detachable or not. Just FYI, it's pretty solid and well reinforced on the HD448, without being very thick and unweildy. 

Aug 20, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #149 of 203
I just got a pair of HD448's yesterday, they are great so far, less bass than my old HD202's but far cleaner overall. They were a little rough at first but after listening to them for a few hours they smoothed out and sound crisp and clean now. On the contrary to what ive heard about struggling to power them from portable devices they run fine on my iPhone 4, i tend to listen to them on about half volume and only ever get the volume up to 3/4 when I want to listen to them loud or if the song is quiet. They definatly do sound different when run off my laptops more powerful output.

Aug 20, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #150 of 203
Yeah, same with me, I notice my Sony ericsson Vivaz is jsut too weak for them, especially while playing songs with more bass, and also i feel even my laptop struggles a little, i solved this problem by buying the Creative SoundBlaster Play!

greetings

xStreame

Users who are viewing this thread

Back