NEW! SENDY AUDIO AIVA Impressions?
Mar 31, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #121 of 714
Will do. Just got a message it's underway now. I was seriously considering trying the HEXv2 (being on sale now at A2A + ebay discount if we're lucky) before this.
I cant comment on the v2. But i tried the v1 (both hek and hex). For what they are (sound and build), it should cost 1/5 of that at most.

This one actually looks pretty decent. Even the cable doesnt look cheapened out. I like it. I wish sandyaudio all the best.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #122 of 714
Hey my dudes what headphone manufacturer also has 2.5mm inputs on the headphone cups, like the Aiva? If I want to buy an additional cable for my Aiva I need to know which cables would be compatible. I think I saw somewhere that Hifiman cables would work as they are 2.5mm?

Mar 31, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #123 of 714
Hello. I have owned an M1221 for quite a long time. I was very excited with SQ and quality/price ratio of this model and company itself. I was going to buy BOTH new models. Over ear and inear. I have sold my HD800 and Alfa Primes. And Yuin Blox also. But unfortunately, in my Aroma a10 an opaAmp have died. And it took a left side of m1221 with it. :frowning2: Damn! I have tried to contact the seller and official store of the Sendiy (now Sandy Audio) regarding a repair service. AND I DIDN'T GET EVEN A SMALL ANSWER!!! Neither!!! At least a word. Ofcause i will not buy any new headphones from this company. It is just an info to everybody regarding that no guarantee exist from Sandy Audio. To loose 140 euro of the m1221 is not the same as 500 . Please make your mind carefully. I'm sure that SQ is top, but...

Mar 31, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #124 of 714
Hey my dudes what headphone manufacturer also has 2.5mm inputs on the headphone cups, like the Aiva? If I want to buy an additional cable for my Aiva I need to know which cables would be compatible. I think I saw somewhere that Hifiman cables would work as they are 2.5mm?
Hifiman hek hex susvara and Denon d600 d7200 are using 2.5mm. I’m not 100% sure about can those cables be used on aiva, but I will update you once I received my own aiva next week probably.

Mar 31, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #125 of 714
I believe some of the older hifiman (he 560 he 400i) use the 2.5 connectors. Also the audioquest nighthawk, senn hd750, and meze 99 use 2.5 connectors.

Mar 31, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #126 of 714
Will do. Just got a message it's underway now. I was seriously considering trying the HEXv2 (being on sale now at A2A + ebay discount if we're lucky) before this.
Looking forward to your impressions, either way - It's gonna be epic! I have the HEXv1 and also the AR-H1's, both are fantastic planars, the H1's are a real gem but Aiva looks seriously nice!

Mar 31, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #127 of 714
These are going to sell like mad man... Im telling you, IF you want them, act FAST!!! They will be back ordered for months soon!. Im buying 2 just to sell them later for 1000€.
LOL!

Apr 1, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #128 of 714

monoprice m1060/1060c 565/565c and verum one too. I think 2.5mm are the closest we're gonna get to a universal plug although a few decided to move to 3.5mm to screw that up again.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #129 of 714
Thanks, just get in touch of the founder. If anyone have question about Sendy, I can help.

Apr 1, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #130 of 714
FCD94B8B-BA44-4396-8792-72D623301C45.jpeg

I got an Aiva in for review from Musictek. I wanted to get impressions out a couple days after getting it but it’s such a unique sound I wanted to take more time to understand it more. I’ve been hearing interesting things about this headphone, but I’ve had relatively low hopes because their driver looks similar to one driver I’ve seen from the manufacturer of a few Monoprice planar magnetic drivers, and those are, uh, horrifically bad. But I didn’t see a headphone from them that uses this driver so I went in with an open mind.

Honestly, I don’t hate it. The treble is elevated but not harsh and is surprisingly airy, which is something I rarely hear from planar magnetic headphones. The bass is kind of stuffy yet overdamped which is disappointing. There isn’t a bass hump from what I can hear but it sounds slightly congested compared to the Sundara or a good LCD-2.

Their biggest issue, however, is their midrange. I measured some ringing at 2kHz, but it’s oddly not as prominent as any of the Monoprice headphones, especially the M1060C, which has ringing in a similar area. I can’t really explain why it’s so audible in one headphone but not the other, but vocals definitely sound less hashy than in the M1060C. Overall, the upper midrange is dipped a few dB which probably makes the ringing less obvious, and this is a big part of what I think makes this headphone so interesting.

This isn’t really a headphone for a lot of vocal-heavy or string-heavy music because the timbre really isn’t good for that but this interesting combination of strangely good, yet boosted treble and dipped midrange and stuffy bass give them a kind of ethereal, dreamy sound in a way that isn’t as offensive or artificial as Stax or as veiled as Audeze. I think these are awesome for post rock or shoegaze where I don’t focus so much on technicalities, but $600 is a pretty big ask for something that I think is quite genre-limited, but it’s an interesting option for those who are looking for a more distant sound but don’t want an Audeze. I do think that they make more sense at $499 because to me there’s some sort of mental block that hits me when something costs more than $500, but it does fill some sort of niche that I didn’t realize isn’t really filled in this bracket.

Measurements:
80B138B0-AF1C-4D4A-A9E9-693BA76DCBA3.jpeg
C088C93F-DAA3-4CDB-AC9E-29C95CD389C5.jpeg

I don't have FR because my EARS is acting up but I'll have 4128C measurements in my full review.

Apr 1, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #131 of 714

I got an Aiva in for review from Musictek. I wanted to get impressions out a couple days after getting it but it’s such a unique sound I wanted to take more time to understand it more. I’ve been hearing interesting things about this headphone, but I’ve had relatively low hopes because their driver looks similar to one driver I’ve seen from the manufacturer of a few Monoprice planar magnetic drivers, and those are, uh, horrifically bad. But I didn’t see a headphone from them that uses this driver so I went in with an open mind.

Honestly, I don’t hate it. The treble is elevated but not harsh and is surprisingly airy, which is something I rarely hear from planar magnetic headphones. The bass is kind of stuffy yet overdamped which is disappointing. There isn’t a bass hump from what I can hear but it sounds slightly congested compared to the Sundara or a good LCD-2.

Their biggest issue, however, is their midrange. I measured some ringing at 2kHz, but it’s oddly not as prominent as any of the Monoprice headphones, especially the M1060C, which has ringing in a similar area. I can’t really explain why it’s so audible in one headphone but not the other, but vocals definitely sound less hashy than in the M1060C. Overall, the upper midrange is dipped a few dB which probably makes the ringing less obvious, and this is a big part of what I think makes this headphone so interesting.

This isn’t really a headphone for a lot of vocal-heavy or string-heavy music because the timbre really isn’t good for that but this interesting combination of strangely good, yet boosted treble and dipped midrange and stuffy bass give them a kind of ethereal, dreamy sound in a way that isn’t as offensive or artificial as Stax or as veiled as Audeze. I think these are awesome for post rock or shoegaze where I don’t focus so much on technicalities, but $600 is a pretty big ask for something that I think is quite genre-limited, but it’s an interesting option for those who are looking for a more distant sound but don’t want an Audeze. I do think that they make more sense at $499 because to me there’s some sort of mental block that hits me when something costs more than $500, but it does fill some sort of niche that I didn’t realize isn’t really filled in this bracket.

Measurements:

I don't have FR because my EARS is acting up but I'll have 4128C measurements in my full review.
Thanks for the review, mate.

Back to the Verum then.

Apr 1, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #132 of 714
Thanks for the review, mate.

Back to the Verum then.

I need to get my hands on a pair, though from what people seem to say I’ll probably like the Aivas a good bit more.

Apr 1, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #133 of 714
I need to get my hands on a pair, though from what people seem to say I’ll probably like the Aivas a good bit more.
Depends on your taste, but I kinda doubt it.

Based on your review above, the Verum has good timbre, neutral FR, and really good bass. It sounds good with everything.

Do give it a try and share your thoughts on the thread. Looking forward to it.

Apr 1, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #134 of 714
Depends on your taste, but I kinda doubt it.

Based on your review above, the Verum has good timbre, neutral FR, and really good bass. It sounds good with everything.

Do give it a try and share your thoughts on the thread. Looking forward to it.

The EARS FR I’ve seen makes them not look neutral, I’ve seen cskippy’s flat plate measurements but those aren’t really reliable. I’ve been hearing they sound like LCD2C’s which I frankly wouldn’t pay $100 for.

Apr 1, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #135 of 714
The EARS FR I’ve seen makes them not look neutral, I’ve seen cskippy’s flat plate measurements but those aren’t really reliable. I’ve been hearing they sound like LCD2C’s which I frankly wouldn’t pay $100 for.
They are better than the 2C, mate.

I'm not hearing anything bothersome in the FR so far. This is quite a smooth listening to me, from top to bottom.

Anyway, back to the Aiva. Interested in hearing others' impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back