NEW! SENDY AUDIO AIVA Impressions?
Mar 30, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #106 of 714
Mar 30, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #107 of 714
Please don't be offended by my question, did you buy these or were they sent to you for you to review ? I did read you review however I may have overlooked that information. Thanks for taking the time to give us your impressions !
Nothing offensive about your question. I think it is the most valid question to be cleared before every review.

Mar 30, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #108 of 714
Please don't be offended by my question, did you buy these or were they sent to you for you to review ? I did read you review however I may have overlooked that information. Thanks for taking the time to give us your impressions !
I’m not offended at all. They were sent to me to review, and I purchased them today. I’m not a well known reviewer although I’m trying to be one, so the bottom line for me is to be completely honest. If they are not worth me to recommend, I will not spend that much time on them. I spent literally more than 10 hours on listening and comparison, and I spent another 4-5 hours to organize my words. But I never feel tired to do so, they relieved all my tiredness, and I really enjoy to express my feeling of these headphones and my attitude towards hifi and music.
A little more insight of my review process: I initially tried them on my HA300, they are just amazing to me. Then I joined in this thread and I heard some members said they are V-shape, but I just did't get it. So I started to try them on other sources. I tried them on my DX200+AMP8, I get a little bit,but since they are not so good with DX200, I didn't listen to them on DX200 for long time. Then I started to think that maybe some of Aiva's buyers are using entry-level dac+amp combo, so I borrowed Topping D30 and JDS Atoms. I got more V-shape. I have to say the V-shape here is not the same as the V-shape on TH900, the upper-mid dip is at 5-6k, since I used to be a drummer and a music producer, I'm kinda familiar with frequencies and how it works in music, I explained why they are doing this in my review based on my experience and understanding.

Mar 31, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #110 of 714
Thanks Drummer for the review. For others who have tried this headphone i would like to know how you feel compared to some key important headphones.

How does it compared to Mrspeakers Aeon and Ether line; Hifiman Arya. as for the dynamics; how does it compared to Focal Clear or ZMF aeolus.

the large drop in upper mid frequency, is it that noticeable?

Build quality wise, how far from other Wood headphones like ZMF like of headphones. To me, they seem to be the pinnacle of quality. Regarding metal cup headphones like the various Focals, which seem to be the pinnacle for me. Lastly, how much better are they from questionable build quality headphones like what Hifiman puts out.

Thanks, .
Maybe I can help a little bit. I used to own Aeon Close and Ether, I sold them years ago so I couldn't find who I sold them to and that's why they are not in the comparisons of my review. Based on my limited memory, Aeon is a more uplifting, they are a light headphones and they do sound light. Aiva has more bass quantity and impact, also more detailed but just a little bit. Aeon is more flat and better controlled, it has the classic Mr.speakers "creamy" style tuning. I remember when I got Aeon I sold my hexv2. These two are really close in overall quality but not in tonality. Since my Aeon was a used unit, I didn't have the tuning foams which can make Aeon sound different.
I can't remember how Ether sounds like, they were sold even earlier, and I also just had them for a week or so. I think I sold them because they are too soft for my taste and at that time I didn't even have a good amp, I was using EF5 I think.

Mar 31, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #112 of 714
Mar 31, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #113 of 714
Ouch.

That's pretty close to what I could get LCD-X's for. New.

(Which, of course, I haven't 'auditioned' yet - look at what I actually own :) - but super "easy to drive" planars seem appealing).

Oh. G'day.
G'day - Yeah, the price has all-but killed the hype for me but I will continue to lurk in this thread whilst enjoying other members feedback on these beauties!

Mar 31, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #115 of 714
Shipping to Australia is $50.. couldn't resist :)

Mar 31, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #116 of 714
Musicteck.com still sells it for $599.

Thank you. I just put a "dummy" order in to see shipping price etc. - USD $50 for shipping. (AUD $70_

It's nearly AUD $1000, once you factor local import duty etc, I think?
(Which is still better than the Alibaba link earlier).

https://www.google.com/search?q=usd.....69i57j0l3.3892j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2tbLo62e9gJxp6u88

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #120 of 714
Let us know how it sounds, mate. So far looking much better than hifiman. Curious to know more.
Will do. Just got a message it's underway now. I was seriously considering trying the HEXv2 (being on sale now at A2A + ebay discount if we're lucky) before this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back