New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
May 16, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #7,561 of 9,484
There's really no reason to. Again, Monoprice and Amazon have cables for much cheaper.

I already use Monoprice XLR interconnects cables. I like BJC because I can get the exact lengths that I need. Almost all my other cables are from Monoprice.

May 16, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #7,562 of 9,484
My email exchange with Schiit yesterday:

me: 

Hello,

I know you guys have been busy with the Yggy release but just
wondering if my "Fully Upgradable, Future-Proof DAC
", Gungnir, can expect any
attention in the near future.

Thanks,

Schiit reply:

We do not discuss future product plans. http://schiit.com/about/principles

me: Ok, hopefully you don't mention them as a selling point and then forget about them either ; )

Since Schiit won't talk about it, anyone have a purely speculative and therefore basically useless opinion they'd like to share on wether or not we'll see some of the Yggy technologies trickle down to upgrades for the Gung?

I know I was kind of busting their balls, and companies need to make money and upgrades probably don't have the profit incentives that a new product offers, but if you're going to mention your products are upgradable, I know I for one am hoping for some upgrades.

May 16, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #7,564 of 9,484

me: 

Hello,

Thanks,

Schiit reply:

me: Ok, hopefully you don't mention them as a selling point and then forget about them either ; )

Since Schiit won't talk about it, anyone have a purely speculative and therefore basically useless opinion they'd like to share on wether or not we'll see some of the Yggy technologies trickle down to upgrades for the Gung?

I know I was kind of busting their balls, and companies need to make money and upgrades probably don't have the profit incentives that a new product offers, but if you're going to mention your products are upgradable, I know I for one am hoping for some upgrades.

Jason stated some time back that there would be no upgrades in 2015. You will have to hope for 2016.

May 16, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #7,565 of 9,484

me: 

Hello,

Thanks,

Schiit reply:

i would not be suprised of Yggy tech will trickle down for upgrades on gear down the line in the future..

May 16, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #7,566 of 9,484

There's really no reason to. Again, Monoprice and Amazon have cables for much cheaper.

I'm confused.. what do "cheaper" cables have to do w/ the excellent SQ of the Yggy ?  They certainly don't coincide.. nor should they coexist...

May 16, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #7,567 of 9,484
  I'm confused.. what do "cheaper" cables have to do w/ the excellent SQ of the Yggy ?

They have just as much to do with the SQ as would "expensive" cables.  Which is to say absolutely none.

May 16, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #7,568 of 9,484
I'm confused too because my BJC cables seem to be providing sound sensations beyond heaven. So if anyone wants to bring over some uber-expensive cables for me to use, I doubt you or my SalkSound speakers will notice going from heaven to beyond.

May 16, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #7,569 of 9,484
nothing but a good cable debat to derail any thread

May 16, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #7,570 of 9,484
Eventually all threads derail into a cable debate and then soon fade away after new gear hype wears off :)

May 16, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #7,571 of 9,484

I went with BJC mainly because you can specify an exact length with BJC while you're stuck with set lengths of 1.5/3/6/10/15 feet lengths from MP.
And I have to admit the BJC cables do sound good, and they don't suck the soundstage from the music like some other cables do.

Well built , shielded cable as used by sound engineers in recording studios. It works for me.

I had been a cable skeptic for a LONG time. To the extent that I was using freebie non insulated RCA cables that came with VCR's or DVD players. A friend had an extra pair of BJC and I borrowed them to compare to my vintage 1989 VCR RCA cables (NOS :)) . I was annoyed that I COULD hear (or believed) an improvement with the Blue Jeans Cables. It was not the common experience of them sounding better because I expected them to- I had Negative expectation bias-because I EXPECTED them to sound the same
I was annoyed that I heard improvements where I expected none. 
My speaker cables are not exotic-although they ARE twisted pairs because there is scientific evidence that it reduces interference.
My OppoBDP-105D uses XLR- which scientifically reduces interference.

May 16, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #7,572 of 9,484
Eventually all threads derail into a cable debate and then soon fade away after new gear hype wears off
smily_headphones1.gif

Goldendarko-  Jedi Master!
beerchug.gif

May 16, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #7,573 of 9,484
Ok, just an update ... Yesterday I ordered the Yggdrasil. Expected shipping date late June / early May. Long wait, but worth it. Thanks to all who provided instrumental information for my decision. Can anyone tell me if the initial warming up can be done just by keeping the Yggy On (stand-by), or does it need to be constantly streaming music during those initial warm-up days? Thanks!

May 16, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #7,574 of 9,484

I went with BJC mainly because you can specify an exact length with BJC while you're stuck with set lengths of 1.5/3/6/10/15 feet lengths from MP.
And I have to admit the BJC cables do sound good, and they don't suck the soundstage from the music like some other cables do.

Monoprice and Hosa is garbage imo. Had them fail many a time. Mogami has never failed and sounds much more preferable and sounds as good as cables costing many times more and will not cost you much more than MP. With proaudiola you can get your mogami cables down to the inch. Want a 4 foot 9 inch cable? They can make it for you.

May 16, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #7,575 of 9,484
  Ok, just an update ... Yesterday I ordered the Yggdrasil. Expected shipping date late June / early May. Long wait, but worth it. Thanks to all who provided instrumental information for my decision. Can anyone tell me if the initial warming up can be done just by keeping the Yggy On (stand-by), or does it need to be constantly streaming music during those initial warm-up days? Thanks!

latter, 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back