New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
May 16, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #7,546 of 9,484
Dementia is not exactly flattering, but then neither is delusional.  That was the joke. Apparently, my attempt at humor didn't soften your view of the direction this thread has taken.  I think we are actually very much in agreement.  Maybe our exchange will divert the thread back to Yggy and Ragnarok. On the other hand, had it occurred to you that some of the posters above were also spoofing?  I've wondered.

May 16, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #7,547 of 9,484
  OK, who left the doors unlocked at the audio asylum tonight?? 
rolleyes.gif

No Schiit.

May 16, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #7,548 of 9,484
Humor? Sorry.

Spoofing? Have you read their other posts? These guys must hate moving their headphones around because it breaks up the crystals in the cable that took 1000 hours to lay down properly and orderly for the best sound.

:)

May 16, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #7,549 of 9,484
These guys must hate moving their headphones around because it breaks up the crystals in the cable that took 1000 hours to lay down properly and orderly for the best sound.

I hate it when that happens.

May 16, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #7,551 of 9,484
  +1

I concede it's been bad. 

I mean I hate it when the crystals in the cables that have been laid down for 1000 hours properly just breakdown due to me moving my headphones around.

biggrin.gif

May 16, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #7,554 of 9,484
  I don't think name-calling is necessary.  And dementia is the wrong word anyway.  The correct word would be delusional. 
wink_face.gif

Besides it makes no sense to do any mod to Yggy until it;s burned in for 1000-2000 hours and is thermo-stabilized.

I would imagine stabilization of temperature should be achievable in several hours if you use a thermal laser heat gun to test. That would be  definitive proof of temperatures and no relation to sonics by a means of graphical measurement.

Some would also disagree that components like resistors, capacitors, electronic transistors need time to settle since they are solid state (I dont believe this because I'm not delusional, I kid, I kid) Truthfully I agree :) that surface mount and components do need time to settle as my opinion :) 

Lots of people here do tend to quickly judge and poke fun..... fine with me :p

However people DO NOT poke fun that a dirt cheap 20-30 dollar cable can be the "optimal/best" while connecting thousands $$$ of dollar components...... that is not logical either :) I assume most here poke fun but have little to no intentions of experimenting with multiple cables. 

It's hard to explain dementia, I guess.  Or complete nonsense.

Sort of like fuses.  I'm not sure someone understands what a fuse does or what a proper built power supply does after the fuse.

In addition I guess I've never heard of a clear explanation how a nano sized transistor in a processor  can wear out internally or why keeping on a solid state DAC on for hundreds of hours improves SQ. Even why military grade capacitors can fail just like older electrolytic wet capacitors. We do know such a phenomena occurs which some agree and disagree (opinion??)  and in some cases possibly human mind tricks just like hundreds of hours of break'n time for audio nirvana? 

Quick to judge?? inexperience can possibly be the cause. Until you've tested many cables under your belt this may or may not  show the strange interaction of different resistance, inductance and capacitance between two units with different impedance. I guess impedance matching to allow maximum power / signal transfer  and feedback or signal reflection is irrelevant in audio equipment. Something I had to deal with working in the R&D department developing cable vision headends. These laws seemed to be discredited over here....

I apologize.... lets get back to the forming opinions on SQ is directly related to thermal stabilization of a Yggy...no technical graphical measurements to prove such a phenomena which I have yet to see here on this thread. However i do believe in "break'n time" so we must all be dillusional :)

Rich Schulz's friend's discovery in his tweaks is intriguing and innovative. Sifting through 500 pages of excited anticipated order #'s arriving and inconclusive hours of substantial sonic improvements to due thermal stability are NOT mocked. This site rocks!! so much support to the audio community :wink:  I'll admit I've learned a thing or two about the yggy product though the jaded excitement.  

May 16, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #7,555 of 9,484
  He has over 240 hours on it with dynamic load and it was never turned off when he did all the tweaks.  You can hear the difference in the tweaks at any time during burn in if you never turn the machine off.  He has never turned it off.  You don't need to have 10,000 hours on your Yggy to know the truth of tweaks.  Just listen.  Please try it and report back.  I know you cannot re-terminate your expensive interconnects, so you will have to use an adapter.

I have no opinion of fuses, as I prefer to bypass them in low level transistor gear.  I will be trying fuses in my Class A amp soon but have not done tests yet.  Here are some opinions of fuses: http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/tweaks/messages/19/197939.html

A lot of the tweaks I do lower distortion.  They are not flavors.  You would prefer to have no LED indicators at zero hours burn in and at 1000 hours burn in.  You would prefer to have shorted unused inputs at zero hours burn in and at 1000 hours burn in.  Same with removing fuses, power switches, not needed circuitry, etc.  Once you have removed all the parts it does not need then you change parts to lower distortion parts, power supplies and circuits and damp things (using super low distortion damping material....but it is an art as to how much and where).  After that it is flavoring.  You know....which brand of wire, which brand of caps, solder, etc. that match the needs of the component.  But removing parts and other distortion lowering techniques are a given and preferred no matter how much burn in.  I have been doing this for over 35 years and this is my experience.

Thanks for the info & fuse test link !

May 16, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #7,556 of 9,484
  Despite what the manufacturers say, all three fuses are directional. So you'll have to try each fuse both ways. Don't worry, the wrong direction will be easy to discern.
The Supreme takes just a few days to burn-in. The Premier Beeswax and Quantum Red take 3-4 long weeks to burn-in. Moreover, they can sound terrible, for the first couple of weeks. So be patient.

Good stuff.  In a funny way.

May 16, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #7,559 of 9,484

There's really no reason to. Again, Monoprice and Amazon have cables for much cheaper.

I went with BJC mainly because you can specify an exact length with BJC while you're stuck with set lengths of 1.5/3/6/10/15 feet lengths from MP.
And I have to admit the BJC cables do sound good, and they don't suck the soundstage from the music like some other cables do.

May 16, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #7,560 of 9,484
I went with BJC mainly because you can specify an exact length with BJC while you're stuck with set lengths of 1.5/3/6/10/15 feet lengths from MP.
And I have to admit the BJC cables do sound good, and they don't suck the soundstage from the music like some other cables do.

+1 Well said. Those are the reasons I will order a pair of XLR interconnects from BJC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back