New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jun 27, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #2,356 of 9,484

You're not in the dark. I am providing information as it becomes available. I have posted several times here in the last month. However, the information I have is based on what we know at the time, and can and will change, as I have made abundantly clear. 

I have already addressed your comment about not having a spec sheet. As with all of our products, complete specs will be available on launch. Which will have pretty much nothing to do with the way it sounds.

If this is truly so bothersome, please consider another product. 

Very good to hear. I said I was almost right on beginning of July, but now I am completely right I conjure. 
tongue.gif

(My prediction)
Quote:
  Well, Jason said "they're next!"

http://www.head-fi.org/t/721201/schiit-hits-the-fan-valhalla-2-lyr-2-announced-wyrd-and-mani-previewed#post_10593203

With that usual disclaimer on the same post, I am now predicting that there will be a high chance that Ragnarok and Yggdrasil will be released in same time, or Ragnarok alone will be released mid-June at earliest. But realistically I believe it will be at the beginning of July at this point.

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #2,357 of 9,484
Very nice, hopefully we may start hearing from them soon. Very curious what they have to say 
smily_headphones1.gif

@EraserXIV, I posted this after I'd first received it. Some version of that is going in the summer gift guide as the Ragnarok's entry in it.

...We're left in the dark, there's no page for specs, there's no reviews.
We're almost totally left in the dark except the occasional "Orders will be open this week" or another which is not very specific and we end up waiting that time with further delays.

So yes, the fact that we're kept in the secret is what bothers the most.

That's not an option, cause I've decided on the Ragnarok :D

@XVampireX, read my post (linked above) as many times as you need to calm you down. I didn't say anything about its performance with speakers in that post, but I've used it with the KEF LS50 since then, and it's a very nice pairing (I'll say more about that in the gift guide entry, and then more in this thread after the gift guide update is up next week).

I don't think it fair to say we've been kept in the dark. Jason seems to be posting updates whenever he has them, as far as I can tell, and has been quite forthcoming with the bad and the good.

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #2,358 of 9,484

Very nice, hopefully we may start hearing from them soon. Very curious what they have to say 
smily_headphones1.gif

EraserXIV, I posted this after I'd first received it. Some version of that is going in the summer gift guide as the Ragnarok's entry in it.

...We're left in the dark, there's no page for specs, there's no reviews.
We're almost totally left in the dark except the occasional "Orders will be open this week" or another which is not very specific and we end up waiting that time with further delays.

So yes, the fact that we're kept in the secret is what bothers the most.

That's not an option, cause I've decided on the Ragnarok :D

Read my post (linked above) as many times as you need to calm you down. I didn't say anything about its performance with speakers in that post, but I've used it with the KEF LS50 since then, and it's a very nice pairing (I'll say more about that in the gift guide entry, and then more in this thread after the gift guide update is up next week).

I don't think it fair to say we've been kept in the dark. Jason seems to be posting updates whenever he has them, as far as I can tell, and has been quite forthcoming with the bad and the good.

Jude, if you are going to make an another impression (or on Head-Fi TV), can you please make some comments about the difference between the very first version of Rag you received and the most current version of Rag, if there is any? I remember you said your review sample of Rag was returning to Schiit to readjust to production qualifier spec.

Jun 27, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #2,359 of 9,484
People living via their gear need the newest fix to keep their high. Kind of disgusting to see, actually. Do those constantly pestering Jason not see this?

If you have the urge to ask about delivery or order times or specs or anything like that, just force yourself to stop and you will cause yourself much less embarrassment. Jason hasn't taken a cent towards these products. He has no obligation at all to tell you anything. What he has said is a courtesy. Don't make him regret it any longer.

When they finally do ship, I really hope we can avoid the screenshotting of tracking information and other mentions of such affairs. At least pretend for my (and others') sake, that you are a mature adult.

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #2,360 of 9,484

You're not in the dark. I am providing information as it becomes available. I have posted several times here in the last month. However, the information I have is based on what we know at the time, and can and will change, as I have made abundantly clear. 

I have already addressed your comment about not having a spec sheet. As with all of our products, complete specs will be available on launch. Which will have pretty much nothing to do with the way it sounds.

If this is truly so bothersome, please consider another product. 

Hi Jason, I noticed it is the second time you pointed out that Ragnarok specs will have nothing to do with its sound. When you talk about specs, you are referring to frequency response, THD and so on, or something else? Anyway, between specifications and sound, I would primarly choose sound
size]

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #2,361 of 9,484

Hi Jason, I noticed it is the second time you pointed out that Ragnarok specs will have nothing to do with its sound. When you talk about specs, you are referring to frequency response, THD and so on, or something else? Anyway, between specifications and sound, I would primarly choose sound
size]

Ragnarok specs are exceptional. But that is (largely) meaningless. Witness Vali.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 27, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #2,364 of 9,484
In the "bigger is better" world we live in, I'm actually most excited for Mani! Small MM/MC phone pre-amp. So can't wait to get my hands on it.

That's coming, as soon as the production boards and metal are in...as well as a couple of other surprises (on the affordable end of the spectrum.)

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 27, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #2,365 of 9,484
In the "bigger is better" world we live in, I'm actually most excited for Mani! Small MM/MC phone pre-amp. So can't wait to get my hands on it.

Yes Mani is actually something I'm also very excited for. Recently acquired a vintage Dual turntable and I've been amazed at the sound it puts out running it off a cheap $20 phono pre-amp. Very excited to see how it can sound with the Mani.

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #2,367 of 9,484
But... but... if it isn't released soon, my impatience may result in me spending my hard earned money on a competitor's product. Then I will be filled with shame and remorse and regret and then wind up buying both. Maybe if I sell my other kidney...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back