New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jun 28, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #2,372 of 9,484
My M & G stack are still perfectly functional. I want to read a lot of reviews from guys who bought to see just how good they are. No hurry at all.

Jun 28, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #2,373 of 9,484

For those outside the US, don't forget that next Friday is the Fourth of July. So it would be surprising if Schiit started taking orders on a short work week. I counsel patience, though it is far easier for me to counsel than to practice.

As for being kept in the dark, guys, you don't appreciate how bad it could be. I just waited more than six months for carbon fiber Roxanne CIEMS from JHAudio with absolutely zero communication from the company. By contrast Schiit is a torrent of information. Not to gush, but we are lucky to have Jason, who is willing to be involved with us nutjobs despite the aggro. And I admit to contributing to the aggro occasionally. I will try to behave better from now on. Oh, who am I kidding?

Though I suspect that if Jason were a painter, he'd be retouching each canvas every week until somebody ripped it out of his grasp and put it in a museum where he couldn't get to it.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I've cleared shelf space for Rag. And I'll try to maintain serenity, perhaps with a chant... Ohmmm, mani padre ohmmm....

Jun 28, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #2,374 of 9,484
Jason:

I need you to hold me tight and whisper sweet nothings into my ear about the Ragnarok. I need you to tell me how great it's going to be and how me and the Ragnarok will live happily ever after until the end of the world.

Jun 28, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #2,375 of 9,484
For those outside the US, don't forget that next Friday is the Fourth of July. So it would be surprising if Schiit started taking orders on a short work week. I counsel patience, though it is far easier for me to counsel than to practice.

As for being kept in the dark, guys, you don't appreciate how bad it could be. I just waited more than six months for carbon fiber Roxanne CIEMS from JHAudio with absolutely zero communication from the company. By contrast Schiit is a torrent of information. Not to gush, but we are lucky to have Jason, who is willing to be involved with us nutjobs despite the aggro. And I admit to contributing to the aggro occasionally. I will try to behave better from now on. Oh, who am I kidding?

Though I suspect that if Jason were a painter, he'd be retouching each canvas every week until somebody ripped it out of his grasp and put it in a museum where he couldn't get to it. :D

Anyway, I've cleared shelf space for Rag. And I'll try to maintain serenity, perhaps with a chant... Ohmmm, mani padre ohmmm....

Haha... Just one correction ... It's "Om Mani Padme Hum".... Now give me 1008 of these every day. Who knows, you may renounce everything and will not want any Schiit. Scary eh? :smile:

Jun 28, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #2,376 of 9,484
Hopefully the Rag is the equal (at least) to GS-X MkII and Auralic Taurus etc. patiently awaiting many reviews of both amp and dac WAY after release to see how they fare out in the real world. I expect to read very positive reviews but time will tell.

Jun 28, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #2,377 of 9,484
Haha... Just one correction ... It's "Om Mani Padme Hum".... Now give me 1008 of these every day. Who knows, you may renounce everything and will not want any Schiit. Scary eh? :smile:

I prefer Jai guru deva om.  :wink:

Jun 28, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #2,378 of 9,484
But... but... if it isn't released soon, my impatience may result in me spending my hard earned money on a competitor's product. Then I will be filled with shame and remorse and regret and then wind up buying both. Maybe if I sell my other kidney...

Woohoo! Seller's market!

I could use half a liver :mask:! Chianti and Flavia Beans, yummmmmm :fearful:! Or to get 40 more years of enjoying fine new microbrews in :beer:!

Jun 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #2,380 of 9,484
Hmmm the other white meat hmm yum. YES the ragnarok has cast it's spell of desire upon me but I shall not have the capital till next year, unless I sell my soul...where is that pin and parchment:D

Jun 28, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #2,381 of 9,484
   You won't see a surround processor from us, for licensing and ongoing changes in the HDMI standard. That's for other people.

What about crosstalk reduction, like in Tact products?  Ralph Glasgal is the expert.  Crosstalk reduction can provide better sounding surround without the usual surround circuitry or licensing.  You can design a "conventional" preamp with crosstalk reduction that can be turned on or off at the press of a button. Setting surround aside, normal two-channel stereo sounds much better with crosstalk reduction.

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #2,382 of 9,484
Hopefully the Rag is the equal (at least) to GS-X MkII and Auralic Taurus etc. patiently awaiting many reviews of both amp and dac WAY after release to see how they fare out in the real world. I expect to read very positive reviews but time will tell.

If Ragnarok will be on par or better than GS-X MkII, then I'm sold.

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #2,383 of 9,484

If Ragnarok will be on par or better than GS-X MkII, then I'm sold.

I saved myself the angst and bought a Taurus and a Marantz speaker amp - big fan of what Schiit have achieved to date but this seems like a bridge too far for them, sadly. I was one of the early flag wavers in this thread but the ship has just taken far too long to sail into port IMO. 

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #2,384 of 9,484

I saved myself the angst and bought a Taurus and a Marantz speaker amp - big fan of what Schiit have achieved to date but this seems like a bridge too far for them, sadly. I was one of the early flag wavers in this thread but the ship has just taken far too long to sail into port IMO. 

If the ship will sail into port with all the promised bells and whistles, then I won't mind (well, until Schettino is not steering it).

Jun 29, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #2,385 of 9,484

I've called a couple dealers around my area for quotes on the Taurus too, but for some reason just can't seem to pull the trigger yet. There's a part of me that really wants to see how the Ragnarok pans out. I guess you can call me a glutton for punishment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back