New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Apr 1, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #1,351 of 9,484
  Mods, any chance of a thread cleanup ? Anything that isn't directly relevant to either of the products we are allegedly discussing should be wiped, IMO. We saw much the same frivolity in the leadup to various HiFiMan and iBasso releases : I completely get it, but it wont make life any easier for people trying to find Jason's posts (the only REAL info in this thread beyond the OP's specs) in the middle of this monster. No disrespect to those who are just trying to fill in time - we've all been there - as Worminator pointed out a few posts back, we are 90 pages into a thread about gear that is still in the 'You're gonna love this !' chute.

Peace out.

Good idea but maybe just make a new thread when the final product is released?

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #1,352 of 9,484
A new thread will very likely be made for the reviews/impressions of the new Schiits. You can simply tell by reading the title of this thread that it's just an announcement thread. Of course there will be hype, and discussion about what might/should be the final products, as it is all relevant. Instead of posting a comment asking a mod to clean the thread (imo, as it stands there is absolutely no reason to clean anything), you should PM a mod instead if you have issues with a thread. Posting a complaint like that publicly is just poor etiquette. This "frivolity" is just part of the fun of head-fi and this hobby. Don't be such a party pooper.

Apr 1, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #1,353 of 9,484
I stand by what I typed earlier - party pooper or no. Those of us who are keen to get actual updates on the shipping date(s) of new product dont share your sentiment re the 'fun of Head-Fi'. Perfect world, there would be two threads - one locked down to updates from Jason and this one for the aforementioned frivolity.

Apr 1, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #1,354 of 9,484
No one can stop the hype on Head-Fi. It's tradition to get 100+ pages before the actual product get's released. 
atsmile.gif

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #1,357 of 9,484
  You can now search a thread solely for posts by one specific user.  Search 'Jason Stoddard' under user and voila - nothing but meandering posts only vaguely related to the product at hand.

And just as many that have nothing to do with the product either. Jason does engage in normal conversation too it seems.

Apr 6, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #1,359 of 9,484
Jason, if you're still monitoring this thread, can you please advise re the extent to which Ragnarok has been biased for Class A operation on the desktop:

A.  only slightly - it will get warm, but that's life - the sonics make it worth a little heat
B.  heavily - you definitely need to watch ventilation and you may need a pedestal fan after 30 minutes or so if you don't have aircon
C. dude, it's a space heater : real men learn to deal, but you might be happier with a T-amp that matches your petticoat

Schiit have never shied away from the fact that their headphone amps generate plenty of heat, but there's a big difference between a 2W headamp and a 100WPC speaker amp. If you live in northern Maine or Switzerland, great - for the rest of us, Summer and Class A may not be a match made in heaven.

Thanks.

Apr 7, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #1,360 of 9,484
  Jason, if you're still monitoring this thread, can you please advise re the extent to which Ragnarok has been biased for Class A operation on the desktop:

A.  only slightly - it will get warm, but that's life - the sonics make it worth a little heat
B.  heavily - you definitely need to watch ventilation and you may need a pedestal fan after 30 minutes or so if you don't have aircon
C. dude, it's a space heater : real men learn to deal, but you might be happier with a T-amp that matches your petticoat

Schiit have never shied away from the fact that their headphone amps generate plenty of heat, but there's a big difference between a 2W headamp and a 100WPC speaker amp. If you live in northern Maine or Switzerland, great - for the rest of us, Summer and Class A may not be a match made in heaven.

Thanks.

I vote for C...

Apr 7, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #1,362 of 9,484
Apr 7, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #1,364 of 9,484
Quote:
  Uh oh, I like the way T-amps sound, what does that say about me.......?

That you happen to like how they sound, value having actual deskspace, and don't require a space heater to show off your headfi machismo.

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #1,365 of 9,484
Ragnarok actually runs quite warm...not exactly Asgard level, but probably 35 degrees C in a normal room. So it could get very hot in, say, an 80-85 degree (F) room. 

BTW, the second final production qualifier is complete, with the full and final software (the last one didn't have output switching in place.) Parts are going out to PCB assembly starting this week. I'm hoping to get one out to Jude this week for some listening, and another out for photos.

One note: even if ordering opens up this month, don't expect it to be an "on the shelves" thing...it's more of a craft build project than our other stuff. I expect we will be saying "Order now, and we'll ship in 2-3 weeks." This allows us to better manage space (Ragnarok is huge) and also to do a full 4-5 days of burn-in. I want these to be perfect...and flawless.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back