New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Mar 30, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #1,336 of 9,484
  Sound, sound, sound!!! I want every last dime I spend on a DAC or Amp of this quality to go completely to quality of sound it reads/produces/amplifies/etc, as well as reliability, and finally (but not least), to give the developer adequate compensation for the time/energy/money spent both as thanks and incentive to continue improving for the next product further down the road.

As for a screen, I'll stare at my computer screensaver while listening to the amazing music coming out of my headphones.

+1093841092384812374601283746

Mar 30, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #1,337 of 9,484
My only concern re keeping Ragnarok on the desktop is the thermal envelope - hopefully, I'll find out sooner rather than latter how well that works in practice.

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #1,343 of 9,484
Fairies and other mythical creatures do in fact subsist on a diet of mostly precious metals, so it's only natural that their "dust" and other detritus be composed of heavy elements.

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #1,345 of 9,484
More advanced DAC's tend to be less integrated, meaning more power supplies, more components, a bigger case. Especially when you don't use an off the shelf chip like I gather the YGG does.

It will be the less expensive DAC without off the shelf dac's, undercutting even the chinese on price while lacking that special chinese build quality that made my last two purchases made in China develop problems in the first year. :)

The amount of trolling on this thread is triple the standard head-fi quota.

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #1,346 of 9,484
  More advanced DAC's tend to be less integrated, meaning more power supplies, more components, a bigger case. Especially when you don't use an off the shelf chip like I gather the YGG does.

It will be the less expensive DAC without off the shelf dac's, undercutting even the chinese on price while lacking that special chinese build quality that made my last two purchases made in China develop problems in the first year. :)

The amount of trolling on this thread is triple the standard head-fi quota.

90 pages and it's still not released yet.. :)  

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #1,347 of 9,484
  90 pages and it's still not released yet.. :)  

Jason did have a background in marketing. I'd say he was probably pretty good at his old job, too. :wink:

For those of you guys that want a remote(no affiliation with target site):
http://tinyurl.com/schiit-remote

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #1,348 of 9,484
  Jason did have a background in marketing. I'd say he was probably pretty good at his old job, too. :wink:

Yes, I'm in awe of Jason's marketing for Schiit.  My wife was in luxury marketing for a while and she wrote some of the best anti-copy of all time, but never got to put it out to the public.  Glad to see Jason pulling it off.  But he has a different target audience than my wife did.

[Part of this post, including main point, moderator deleted...]

Mar 31, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #1,350 of 9,484
Mods, any chance of a thread cleanup ? Anything that isn't directly relevant to either of the products we are allegedly discussing should be wiped, IMO. We saw much the same frivolity in the leadup to various HiFiMan and iBasso releases : I completely get it, but it wont make life any easier for people trying to find Jason's posts (the only REAL info in this thread beyond the OP's specs) in the middle of this monster. No disrespect to those who are just trying to fill in time - we've all been there - as Worminator pointed out a few posts back, we are 90 pages into a thread about gear that is still in the 'You're gonna love this !' chute.

Peace out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back