New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Aug 5, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #8,476 of 9,484
So I just pulled the trigger on a Ragnarok. Currently using Mjolnir primarily. I have Valhalla 2 and Lyr 2 for single ended. Anyone want to let me know what to expect differently? I know Ragnarok is similar gain structure but far more advanced than Mjolnir. I'm looking forward to sonic improvements.
Any idea if single ended will be improvements over current amps? I'm looking to simplify and hoping this amp can serve all duties.

Aug 5, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #8,477 of 9,484
I believe it is because most electrostatic headphones are owned and used by The Bilderbergers and Illuminati.
shhhh!!!!! You are not one of the chosen. .. :D
Err...I have electrostatic headphones and I am not one of the chosen either...btw... :)

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #8,482 of 9,484
Not interconnects. Those I have. I mean the headphone connector up front.

The 4 pin thing is a balanced headphone output.  Your LCD-3 came with a balanced cable, check in the case.  For your other phones you can use the single ended (1/4" TRS) output or get a balanced cable made.  I would suggest eventually getting a balanced cable for your favourites; due to the amp topology, the Ragnarok balanced headphone output is superior to the single ended.

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #8,483 of 9,484
I am using balanced with Mjolnir. The balanced headphones I have all use dual 3 pin. The Mjolnir has choice of dual 3 pin or single 4 pin input. Ragnarok only has 4 pin input. I need an adaptor for my cable to fit the input it the Ragnarok balanced input.

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #8,484 of 9,484
Belay my last (partially). It turns out the stock LCD cable is 4 pin. That will suffice for now. I have aftermarket cardas cables for it and for my HD650s which are dual 3 pin. I've got short term solution for the LCDs but if anyone knows of a decent adaptor (female dual 3 pin to single male 4 pin) please advise.

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #8,485 of 9,484
Belay my last (partially). It turns out the stock LCD cable is 4 pin. That will suffice for now. I have aftermarket cardas cables for it and for my HD650s which are dual 3 pin. I've got short term solution for the LCDs but if anyone knows of a decent adaptor (female dual 3 pin to single male 4 pin) please advise.

http://www.moon-audio.com/black-dragon-extension-adapter-cable-v2.html

Aug 6, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #8,487 of 9,484
Seven blessings be unto you, friend

J - what you really want is a balanced three pin (2 3 pin fem) to balanced 4 pin (1 4 pin male) adapter. It is about $20 in parts fyi.

(Edit: like this: http://m.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Adapter-4-pin-XLR-Male-to-2x-3-pin-XLR-Female-For-XLR-Balanced-Headphone-/121711544624?nav=SEARCH )

The one linked above will have you using rags se out rather than balanced.

Aug 6, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #8,489 of 9,484
J - what you really want is a balanced three pin (2 3 pin fem) to balanced 4 pin (1 4 pin male) adapter. It is about $20 in parts fyi.

(Edit: like this: http://m.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Adapter-4-pin-XLR-Male-to-2x-3-pin-XLR-Female-For-XLR-Balanced-Headphone-/121711544624?nav=SEARCH )

The one linked above will have you using rags se out rather than balanced.

That's just the picture. It's customizable with 4pin XLR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back