New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Aug 5, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #8,465 of 9,484
Didn't think they offered it in Black?

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #8,468 of 9,484
I pre-ordered and I didn't get that offer. Bastards!

Schiit was completely aware of your skill in commercial arts and thought you might be insulted if they did the black for you:wink:

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #8,469 of 9,484
I pre-ordered and I didn't get that offer. Bastards!

Schiit was completely aware of your skill in commercial arts and thought you might be insulted if they did the black for you:wink:

Ha ha! Either that or they went alphabetically and since my last name starts with Y...

Aug 5, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #8,470 of 9,484
Aug 5, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #8,471 of 9,484
  To elaborate a little bit more:

1. The opportunity in lower priced gear is much, much, much higher than the ultra high-end--at least 5x higher for each halving of the price--in total sales, not units. We don't want to address the 400 people a year who will consider products with 5-figure price tags. That's not us.

2. We don't have a problem building some walls around what we do, and staying focused. To wit:

a. You won't see a surround processor from us, for licensing and ongoing changes in the HDMI standard. That's for other people.
b. You won't see an electrostatic amp from us, for liability (high voltage) and political reasons.
c. You won't see transducers from us (headphones and speakers) because we have no expertise in that field.

3. There are other products that we need to have a unique spin on, one that really contributes to the overall market, before we introduce them. This could include speaker amps, preamps, etc--more conventional 2-channel products. I'm not saying you won't see them, we just don't want to do "just another speaker amp."

What you will see from us is more fun, high-value, interesting and groundbreaking stuff at affordable price points. And yes, there'll be some surprises in where we go and what we do.

That's what we're about. That's what we love to do. And there's a ton of opportunity there.

Apologies for the necro-post, but I'm curious: are these political reasons related to Schiit's position on "audiophile jewelry" vis-a-vis electrostatic headphones, about the ecological implications of the higher power consumption of electrostatic amplifiers, or something else?

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #8,474 of 9,484
Apologies for the necro-post, but I'm curious: are these political reasons related to Schiit's position on "audiophile jewelry" vis-a-vis electrostatic headphones, about the ecological implications of the higher power consumption of electrostatic amplifiers, or something else?

I believe it is because most electrostatic headphones are owned and used by The Bilderbergers and Illuminati.

Aug 5, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #8,475 of 9,484
I think its the energy use sustainability issue.  I doubt that Schiit gives [redacted] who buys their stuff as long as they pay their bills and aren't PIA customers.

The other more practical reason is that they are already in a niche market within a niche market.  Electrostatics are used by so few people that would put them in a niche in a niche in a niche. Not a good business proposition for their sales model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back