New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
May 17, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #7,606 of 9,484
  Boy this thread went from fairly interesting to kinda crap....

HS

Agreed.  The thread is basically devolving into something of a haven for jealous trolls and verbose know-it-alls who have never heard/do not own/and have no actual intention of ordering a yggy, but nonetheless feel the need to spout strong opinions about it and clutter up the thread with various off-topic matters.  Frankly, I've put the ignore function to use more times in the last two weeks here than over the course of my prior seven years reading and posting on HF.  What a **** show.  

May 17, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #7,607 of 9,484
  I agree that those RCA's have great clamping force.

Why I like proaudiola over mogami for rca. For xlr you might save a few pennies going with regular mogami gold, but the harness and loom is a nice option in certain situations. For the gent who mentioned Take Five Audio, I use their power cords, very nice imo.

May 17, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #7,608 of 9,484
So my question is what does the yiggy sound like when played through with 320 ripped music....

Although the difference between 320kpbs and lossless is audible, I still find great enjoyment listening to 320kpbs spotify streams through mine.  You definitely would not need to rerip your collection in order to be able to enjoy the yggy's presentation, but I would say that is a worthy long term goal as time allows - particularly as to any really well recorded albums you have.   

May 17, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #7,609 of 9,484
  Boy this thread went from fairly interesting to kinda crap....

HS

Very valid discussion regarding audio in general....

However your correct since it's been a while since we've been updated by order purchase numbers being fulfilled with a brown truck delivery :)

Oh.... and also additional updates on "Audio Nirvana" based on accumulated breakin' time and warm up of transistors and capacitors in an already stable operating temperature of the Yggy...... (poking fun.... in this somewhat odd weird serious conversation of an inanimate object )  :) 

May 17, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #7,610 of 9,484
Agree.  I have been listening to Sky.fm 320Kbps Internet streams all day.  It sounds great.

May 17, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #7,611 of 9,484
  Very valid discussion regarding audio in general....

However your correct since it's been a while since we've been updated by order purchase numbers being fulfilled with a brown truck delivery :)

Oh.... and also additional updates on "Audio Nirvana" based on accumulated breakin' time and warm up of transistors and capacitors in an already stable operating temperature of the Yggy...... (poking fun.... in this somewhat odd weird serious conversation of an inanimate object )  :) 

It's the compelling novelette posts about alignment of molecular structures when cables are raised and of a certain unobtainable material...and let's not forget the odd mouse flatulence that affect the Area 51 sine waves.  WINNING...

I'd settle for feedback on how the yggy sounds vs other DAC's, in varying rigs and with certain genres.  An odd post with a received/shipped XXX order number for those waiting wouldn't hurt my feelings.

biggrin.gif

HS

May 17, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #7,612 of 9,484

It's the compelling novelette posts about alignment of molecular structures when cables are raised and of a certain unobtainable material...and let's not forget the odd mouse flatulence that affect the Area 51 sine waves.  WINNING...

I'd settle for feedback on how the yggy sounds vs other DAC's, in varying rigs and with certain genres.  An odd post with a received/shipped XXX order number for those waiting wouldn't hurt my feelings.

biggrin.gif

HS

And on that note..
Waiting on my Yiggy,now,its sometime in July...??
In the meantime..I just grabbed a Sonics Frontier Transdac
Has anyone ,ever used one.??
Any opinions,input,suggestions,would be greatly appreciated
Not much info on this dac??

Tnx,
Mike

May 18, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #7,614 of 9,484
An honest question - Is there going to be an yggdrasil v2 down the line or are we working on one platform which is upgrade-able by additional boards alone? Cause Modi got a v2 too, though it wasn't claimed to be upgrade-able like the rest, so what goes?

I'm really thinking of getting it.

Also another interesting question, I see it was backordered to end of june, so if I make my order around 10th of june, will I have to wait even more or all orders until the next shipment are going to happen in the closest shipment? (end of june)

May 18, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #7,616 of 9,484
  Modi was never intended to be upgradable, it's a single board product. 

Bifrost, Gungnir, and Yggdrasil are all upgradable for a long time before ever needing an official Version 2.0.

Yeah I understand that, but Schiit has the tendency at least with the amps to get a V2, but that's most likely cause it's analog and there isn't much to do there when you have a final product.

I'm on my Auralic Vega right now with the Master 9, Auralic Vega does sound amazing, and it has quite a bit of features to boost in a smaller form factor than the yggdrasil, it also doesn't take so long to get to optimal sound. Even with all the super extra hype Yggdrasil is getting I'm still doubting it can be better than the Vega, also the price difference is huge so it's going to be hard for me to accept that Yggdrasil is supposedly the better DAC, this is why I'll be keeping both :D

May 18, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #7,617 of 9,484
Yeah I understand that, but Schiit has the tendency at least with the amps to get a V2, but that's most likely cause it's analog and there isn't much to do there when you have a final product.

I'm on my Auralic Vega right now with the Master 9, Auralic Vega does sound amazing, and it has quite a bit of features to boost in a smaller form factor than the yggdrasil, it also doesn't take so long to get to optimal sound. Even with all the super extra hype Yggdrasil is getting I'm still doubting it can be better than the Vega, also the price difference is huge so it's going to be hard for me to accept that Yggdrasil is supposedly the better DAC, this is why I'll be keeping both :D

Just got my Yggy yesterday, plan on doing some comparisons with the Vega soon.

May 18, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #7,618 of 9,484
Just got my Yggy yesterday, plan on doing some comparisons with the Vega soon.

Purrin already did a comparison with it, and some other folk here, they did claim the Yggdrasil is better, I can believe that too, even though Purrin does come around as biased, he's also not one of the official head-fiers (I mean in the sense that he declared himself to be listening to speakers nowadays more than headphones)

I don't have a good speaker system yet, so I might be biased on the headphone front too, still, I do enjoy my system with the LCD-3F's and atm I can see a DAC upgrade better than an HE-1000 upgrade, though ultimately I'm also a movie lover and you know what that means.

May 18, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #7,619 of 9,484

Sweet I have heard a lot of good things about the Master 9 and the Auralic Vega. I hope that combination makes you happy. I hope to demo such a combo at a meet, sometime.

May 18, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #7,620 of 9,484

Users who are viewing this thread

Back