New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
May 18, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #7,636 of 9,484
I've only had one tube ever fail, and interestingly it was after several hours of leaving it on when the temperature was stable. Arced and died a violent death. The tube also had dozens of hours on it. It made awful popping noises through my headphones, and I was scared I blew my drivers, but I didn't, luckily.

May 18, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #7,637 of 9,484
Well, we now have the valuable experience of the first run of Yggys. The postmortem of the run goes as follows:

The total run was 250 – we have qualified approximately 230 of the PCB sets – the other 20 need to go back to techs to figure out what is up with them. No rush because we still lack metal. We have shipped just under 200 Yggys. We have another 30ish that can go right out as soon as chassis get here.

Three came back broken and were replaced – we had two separate problems. One unit was that the transformers separated from the PCB because the unit was dropped too hard on its side. The fix is to bolt the transformers to the board with bigger hardware. We also had some a couple of problems with the control bus ribbon cables and connectors – this caused random crap like no USB or a channel out – all intermittently. In the scope of things, for a first run, not bad at all, and very easy to fix. One was returned because the customer didn't want to keep it after eval, and one has shown up for sale used.
Under 1% – not bad at all. Can't please them all.

We are now concentrating on the next run awaiting parts. Thanks to all of you for your support.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
May 18, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #7,638 of 9,484
Great job all around!!!

May 18, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #7,639 of 9,484
Sounds like a really successful launch!   :)  I'm loving my Yggy!

May 18, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #7,640 of 9,484
Way to go Schiit, sounds like a very successful launch. As a side note, I bought my Yggy from Prepoman, does that mean I'm the first person to score a used Yggy!? COOL

May 18, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #7,642 of 9,484
I am very happy with my Yggdrasil and with the amazing folks who work at Schiit Audio. I was on of the unlucky ones, who had a malfunctioning unit. But Laura and Nick were consummate professionals and took care of me and replaced my unit. And now my replacement/ new unit sounds bloody great. Listening to the music is extr extremely intoxicating and was hard to walk away and check on me mother. I kinda felt like "Fry" from Futurama, where he was drinking the super splurm. I have never ever been this war from reproduced music. I get this way when, I am in a jam session, playing a sax or some stringed instrument. So thanks Mike for creating such a fantastic device.

May 18, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #7,643 of 9,484
Listening to the music is extr extremely intoxicating and was hard to walk away and check on me mother. I kinda felt like "Fry" from Futurama, where he was drinking the super splurm. I have never ever been this war from reproduced music. .

Reddog, you getting intoxicated on the super slurm again?

May 18, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #7,644 of 9,484
Listening to the music is extr extremely intoxicating and was hard to walk away and check on me mother. I kinda felt like "Fry" from Futurama, where he was drinking the super splurm. I have never ever been this war from reproduced music. .

Reddog, you getting intoxicated on the super slurm again?

I deny nothing lol.:)

May 18, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #7,645 of 9,484
So the current backorder delay was caused by lack of metal chassis? If assuming all other parts are already done up. Does it mean we could see the backorder lifted once metal has reaches the schiit place?

May 18, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #7,647 of 9,484
So the current backorder delay was caused by lack of metal chassis? If assuming all other parts are already done up. Does it mean we could see the backorder lifted once metal has reaches the schiit place?

They have 230 pcb boards and they shipped about 200 Yggys, with 30 ready to ship when the chassis arrives. So they probably will need more PCBs.

May 18, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #7,648 of 9,484
Tried searching but didn't find any info... Any word on when the Ragnarok batch is going to ship? I'm going on two months of waiting time (ordered late march) without much word outta Schiit. Bit disappointing that I didn't even get an email about a delay when the original estimate was 2-4 weeks at time of order. 

May 18, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #7,649 of 9,484
  Tried searching but didn't find any info... Any word on when the Ragnarok batch is going to ship? I'm going on two months of waiting time (ordered late march) without much word outta Schiit. Bit disappointing that I didn't even get an email about a delay when the original estimate was 2-4 weeks at time of order. 

Taken from a post on the ragnarok thread 4 days ago:
"Our board house is currently working on the board assembly, but due to the intricate nature of the boards, this is taking some time.  We cannot guarantee a time, but we hope it will be within a couple weeks."
I'll be coming up on 17 weeks since I ordered a Rag. Never thought I would be sitting here with Yggdrasil and no Ragnarok when I ordered it. On the bright side, it's still not as long as the BHSE people wait.

May 18, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #7,650 of 9,484
After reinstalling the usb drivers for the Yggy and reinstalling the drivers for my other usb devices I am happy to say that the usb sounds the best on my system. I had posted optical was better, so to avoid leaving the impression usb is a problem I am updating my findings. The Yggy now sounds incredible with usb. Optical still sounds wonderful too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back