New Sansa Clip Zip is out!
Nov 14, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #303 of 402
Quote:
Is the Clip Zip the latest player from San Disk?  What the consensus on the SQ, the best among the clips?

Yes, it is the most recent. The sound chip inside is the same as the others. Only difference in sound, which frankly most people can't hear, is that the playback speed is correct in the Sansa firmware finally, whereas in the previous Clips it was always a little bit off. Of course, in the earlier ones, a lot of us installed Rockbox which cured that problem.
wink.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #304 of 402
Hi all
Does 64go micro sd works with clip+ with original frimware?
Thx

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #305 of 402
ive been through at least 5 or 6 of the Clip + so im thinking about grabbing one of these.

i wanted to ask if anyone could mention how secure the headphone jack feels on these. one issue that i had with the Clip+ was the headphone out getting loose if i was not careful enough with them.

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #306 of 402
heads up for Canucks: futureshop has the black Clip Zip 4gb on sale for $19.99!!! i thought it was a deal for $34.99 when i dropped in yesterday to pick one up & imagine my surprise when it was <$20!

im not sure when the sale is good til but grab em while u can. O & these arent refurbished either.

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #309 of 402
Well, this is interesting. As I was getting into my car this afternoon following class, I found a 4GB Clip Zip on the curb that looked like it had been sitting there for a while. Well, I took it home and decided to give it a shot with some of my own music, using my RE-400s and it sounded really good. Really clean and transparent and, as far as I can tell, ruler flat, just like the Clip Plus, which is a very good thing.

I found an email address on the player and I reached out to whomever the address belongs to and I'm waiting to hear back from them just so you guys know I'm not a giant ******.
tongue_smile.gif

But it sounds like a heck of a good player for the price.

Mar 6, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #311 of 402
Quote:
Does anyone else use this as their main go-to player? I'm selling my classic because of it 
eek.gif

It's my main on-the-go player(with Rockbox).
smile_phones.gif

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #314 of 402
I got one last week with a 64GB microSD card for a total of $130.  Installed Rockbox.  So far I really like it.  I got it mainly because I wanted expandable storage, but it also had the added benefit that Rockbox will play all my Apple Lossless and purchased AAC files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back