New Sansa Clip Zip is out!
Jul 15, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #271 of 402
Quote:

Unlike the Clip+, I understand the ClipZip needs to change the album art, requiring a delay, before being able to hear another track. Any truth to this?

Don't have my Zip RB'ed yet, but stock firmare there is no delay whatsoever, whether you're playing single tracks on shuffle, full albums, gapless albums etc...

Depending on the situation I use embedded album art or folders with the folder.jpg in it, all lossless and never any problems.

Jul 15, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #272 of 402
Quote:

Don't have my Zip RB'ed yet, but stock firmare there is no delay whatsoever, whether you're playing single tracks on shuffle, full albums, gapless albums etc...

Depending on the situation I use embedded album art or folders with the folder.jpg in it, all lossless and never any problems.

Good to hear. I'm pleased with my Clip+ and considering another Sansa. I might go for the Fuze to get the larger screen.

Sep 20, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #273 of 402
Clip Zip verses Fuse.
I've heard there is a new Fuse coming out soon, if not, then I'll get the Clip Zip for now.
What is the highest Ohm headphone the Clip Zip can drive?

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #274 of 402
Clip Zip verses Fuse.
I've heard there is a new Fuse coming out soon, if not, then I'll get the Clip Zip for now.

Clip+ struggles with my 63ohm Sony MDR-V6. It powers them but they sound very average. Using 50ohm IEM's GR07 MK2 there's similar results. The Clip+ will drive a lot of headphones and IEM's though how well even at 50ohms is the question.

My Cowon C2 has a lot more power.

Sep 21, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #276 of 402
Quote:
Clip Zip verses Fuse.

Where did you hear that? AFASK new Sansa products are usually released or announced in August (which has been true for the last three years).

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #277 of 402
Quote:
Clip+ struggles with my 63ohm Sony MDR-V6. It powers them but they sound very average. Using 50ohm IEM's GR07 MK2 there's similar results. The Clip+ will drive a lot of headphones and IEM's though how well even at 50ohms is the question.
My Cowon C2 has a lot more power.

It drives GR07s louder than is safe without distortion. It's not for high impedance cans but to say it may struggle with a 50ohm iem of reasonable efficiency is just wrong. 15mw of 1 ohm output impedance is plenty for 99% of IEMs. The Cowon may be stronger but generally will roll bass in low impedance phones because of it's higher output circuit so it's relative. I have a Ipod touch 3g that does a similar thing but is great with some phones as the cowon likely is but starting to roll at 100hz with a 16 ohm phone like the cowon does is definitely audible.

The clip+ is also not my favorite DAP but it may be the best for the money and definitely the best form factor for on the go. I use it more than I expect to. If you have more than one, this should be in the mix.

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #280 of 402
Oct 7, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #281 of 402
The clip on the back is built stronger on the Zip than on the +.  On the other hand, some people prefer the buttons on the + over the ones on the Zip.
Here is a link to a fine comparison of the two players, written after the Zip's release......http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showpost.php?p=570493&postcount=1

I actually like the location of the buttons of the Clip Zip since they are more flush with the border and the power button is larger/easier to find. I like the larger screen too; I can see more files in my directories when browsing in Rockbox.

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #282 of 402
Quote:
Clip zip or clip+?
If price is the same and album art doesnt matter?

i would choose the zip if for no other reason than the fact that its noise level is lower, or at least less abrasive.

now to be clear, neither the zip or clip+ have a noise level that matters.. they are both very low, and as soon as the music starts you cant hear it at all, however the zip's is more of a muffled sound than the hiss sound of the +.     its hardly a big deal either way, but hey, its still an improvement..

btw i used rockbox on both players..  so for all i know the hiss isnt there when not rockboxed, but i suppose thats doubtful

Oct 13, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #283 of 402
I've only had the Clip Zip for a little over a week, and I'm already considering soldering a larger battery to it. Possibly taking the 1050mah battery from my Fiio E7, or maybe even fusing them together into one unit. It can be done.

Oct 13, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #284 of 402
Quote:
I've only had the Clip Zip for a little over a week, and I'm already considering soldering a larger battery to it. Possibly taking the 1050mah battery from my Fiio E7, or maybe even fusing them together into one unit. It can be done.

Rockbox helps with the battery life, especially if you use FLAC on the player.

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #285 of 402
Will check it out when I get home. It would only add a few hours I'm guessing? I still don't mind an external battery taped to the back. I don't use the clip, so I will take that off. It would still be a very small player.

Also would tha prevent the player from turning itself off every other hour?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back