New Sansa Clip Zip is out!
Oct 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #286 of 402
I found my old 3600mah phone battery I might solder the Zip to ahaha.  It's the same height, and thickness, but almost a centimeter wider.  I'll never have to charge it again!

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #288 of 402
Well it's impossible to fit it inside the case, so I'll just solder the wires to it and hotglue/super glue it to the battery.  Then just cover the entire thing with electrical tape.  It will not look pretty.

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #290 of 402
Ive heard people have had some issues with the zip biting the dust only a few days of purchase? Is this still an issue?

I'm guessing you read that on amazon? There's no reports of that happening here that I'm aware off., It seems to be something mentioned on amazon most of the time.

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #291 of 402
Quote:
Ive heard people have had some issues with the zip biting the dust only a few days of purchase? Is this still an issue?

It was only an issue among people that didn't understand how to reset it. That's the source of many of the Amazon reviews. I have one that I have had since August of last year that still works as good as new....and I've had Rockbox on it since last November.

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #292 of 402
Rockboxed here. Pretty decent so far.

I'm still confused as to how did Sansa end up creating such good sound. Were they really aiming for it ?  Or did it just happen?

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #293 of 402

I'm still confused as to how did Sansa end up creating such good sound. Were they really aiming for it ?  Or did it just happen?

Wait until you try a Colorfly C3, your brain will explode then. :wink:

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #294 of 402
Quote:

That's a great question. One of the greatest value-per-dollar quotients in audio, whether they knew what they were doing or not. 
L3000.gif

Quote:
Wait until you try a Colorfly C3, your brain will explode then.
wink.gif

But.....but....it doesn't have BBE! 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #295 of 402
Regardless, I'd like to give you both a touch of what REAL separation and soundstage width means. :wink:

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #296 of 402
What headphones or earphones do you guys use the clip zip with? I've been using the Senn px100ii. I think they were made for eachother :D

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #297 of 402
Quote:

That's a great question. One of the greatest value-per-dollar quotients in audio, whether they knew what they were doing or not. 
L3000.gif

Even if they were aiming towards good sound, evidence seems to state otherwise. Its supposed to be cheap and cheerful. Out of the rest of its low end features, this one attribute stands out as clearly high end.

And its funny Sansa don't want to milk this opportunity.

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #298 of 402
Quote:
What headphones or earphones do you guys use the clip zip with? I've been using the Senn px100ii. I think they were made for eachother
biggrin.gif

TDK IE800
Shure SE425

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #299 of 402
Quote:
What headphones or earphones do you guys use the clip zip with? I've been using the Senn px100ii. I think they were made for eachother
biggrin.gif

I have Senn PX90 that I use as my portables (I want to be able to hear the cars coming if I am out walking), and at home I have a couple pairs of Audio-Technica (FC700 and WS55) and JVC HA-S500 that I use. I have a set of Ultrasone HFI-780's coming soon too.....looking forward to trying them out.

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #300 of 402
Quote:

I haven't heard that anywhere...maybe it's with the stock OS? I run Rockbox and I've only had maybe 1 or 2 issues with it (both were due to recording 1 hour+ audio recordings/podcasts).

Quote:

The Clip Zip is really good for its price. It's almost as good as my iPod Video but it lacks some warmth and the soundstage is pretty narrow.

Quote:
biggrin.gif

V-MODA Crossfade M-100? XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back