New Sansa Clip Zip is out!
Apr 22, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #241 of 402

Quote:
So I got Rockbox on the my Zip with this theme: http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1524&target=sansaclipzip

However the theme doesn't really look like that. I don't get album art  and my radio looks nothing like that. Also for some reason now some of my songs won't play (so far the only ones that won't play are Muse songs...)

I designed that theme and it works fine as long as you've installed the theme correctly.

My best guess is that you haven't installed the font pack (the instructions do say "Font pack required"). Without the right fonts installed Rockbox will revert to displaying the default layout, with my custom background, so that would explain the radio layout not being right and possibly also explain the lack of album art.

The font pack can be downloaded from here ... http://download.rockbox.org/release/3.11.2/rockbox-fonts-3.11.2.zip ... download, unzip and save the fonts into .rockbox\fonts

You also need to make sure that your album art is in a Rockbox compatible format and the file is under 100Kb.

Further info about album art can be found here ... http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/AlbumArt

As for songs not playing ... are they in a Rockbox compatible format? ... the theme most certainly won't stop songs playing.

Apr 22, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #242 of 402

Quote:

I designed that theme and it works fine as long as you've installed the theme correctly.

My best guess is that you haven't installed the font pack (the instructions do say "Font pack required"). Without the right fonts installed Rockbox will revert to displaying the default layout, with my custom background, so that would explain the radio layout not being right and possibly also explain the lack of album art.

The font pack can be downloaded from here ... http://download.rockbox.org/release/3.11.2/rockbox-fonts-3.11.2.zip ... download, unzip and save the fonts into .rockbox\fonts

You also need to make sure that your album art is in a Rockbox compatible format and the file is under 100Kb.

Further info about album art can be found here ... http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/AlbumArt

As for songs not playing ... are they in a Rockbox compatible format? ... the theme most certainly won't stop songs playing.

Yeah I downloaded the font pack manually (for some reason Rockbox was giving me a 404 error when I try to dl it from the utility) and got the theme to work properly. Huge fan of your themes, btw, very simple and clean. Love the "blu" one, wish it had the knob for the radio like the others, though. :p

As for the music that's not playing they're WMA files, I have 3 albums that are in that format and 2 of them won't play. When I try to play them it just takes me to the playing screen with a "?kb" and complete silence or redirects me right back to my albums list.

Apr 22, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #243 of 402

Quote:

Oh cool, thank you for making the full-screen album art themes. I particularly like your Pro and Zyp themes.

I don't know how feasible it is since your themes are based on a small-sized font, but would it be possible to create a full-sized album art theme using the size 14 Rockbox-Mix font? I have a lot of songs tagged with Asian characters, so many of the current themes don't support that particular font unfortunately.

May 9, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #244 of 402
Just bought my second Clip Zip so I won't have to deal with the hassle of swapping cards... (it's amazing how quickly 32GB disappears when you switch to lossess!)

For any UK users, the Grey 8GB is on offer on play.com for only £34.99 with a free 4GB card (LINK) but hurry, there are only 200 available at this price, oh and delivery is free 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #245 of 402
Quote:
Just bought my second Clip Zip so I won't have to deal with the hassle of swapping cards... (it's amazing how quickly 32GB disappears when you switch to lossess!)

For any UK users, the Grey 8GB is on offer on play.com for only £34.99 with a free 4GB card (LINK) but hurry, there are only 200 available at this price, oh and delivery is free 
smily_headphones1.gif

Woohoo! Bought. It's actually an 8GB class 4 card (so even better). Should go well with my RE0's and E6 that are on the way (as my last set of RE0's went through the washing machine, survived, but then eventually succumbed to "broken right channel-itis"). If anyone has a clever way of attaching the player and the amp, that would be good....

May 11, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #246 of 402
Anyone could tell me is it's posible to see the current list of songs that are being played? 

For instance, i choose "Artist Play all", then i want to see the list of all the songs of that artist without change the current list. 

May 21, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #247 of 402
Does anyone still happen to have the build for 120221 or 120229? Both of the links are down. Can someone help me to get a link of either of them? 

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards

May 27, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #248 of 402
Does anyone still happen to have the build for 120221 or 120229? Both of the links are down. Can someone help me to get a link of either of them?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards

What is 120221 or 120229 referring to? The current Clip Zip OS is version 01.01.20. The current Rockbox OS is version 3.11.2.

Does anyone know why this happens? The problem is described in the video's description.

If the video doesn't work, here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBcRasTdjPU

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBcRasTdjPU[/VIDEO]

Jun 22, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #252 of 402
The jack on my Sony A639 is starting to go bad, so it's time to think about a new player. I think I will be going with the Zip, which would be my first non-Walkman mp3 player. I need more than 16 gb and don't care about video, touchcreen, etc., but I have a couple of quick questions first:

- Does the Zip work with a 64 gb micro sd card?

- Does the Zip OS have folder navigation, or is that only with Rockbox?

- How is the EQ feature with Zip OS and also with Rockbox? Is it better than the clip+? I've read that the EQ is not great on that, that it distorts the sound. One thing that has kept me buying Walkmen is the great EQ capability.

Jun 22, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #253 of 402
Quote:
The jack on my Sony A639 is starting to go bad, so it's time to think about a new player. I think I will be going with the Zip, which would be my first non-Walkman mp3 player. I need more than 16 gb and don't care about video, touchcreen, etc., but I have a couple of quick questions first:

- Does the Zip work with a 64 gb micro sd card?
Don't quote me on this, but yes, I think it can support 64 GB microSD cards.

- Does the Zip OS have folder navigation, or is that only with Rockbox?
Yes, that feature is in Zip OS as well as Rockbox.

- How is the EQ feature with Zip OS and also with Rockbox? Is it better than the clip+? I've read that the EQ is not great on that, that it distorts the sound. One thing that has kept me buying Walkmen is the great EQ capability.
Zip OS: 5-band EQ + preset EQ's
Rockbox: 5-band EQ + preset EQ's + finer/more advance EQ where you can change the gain, Q, and cutoff frequency
I can't compare the EQ to other PMP's since I don't really use EQ's. From my experience though, I have found that with Rockbox, the bass EQ tends to distort more than the mid and high frequency EQ

Jun 22, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #254 of 402
Quote:
From my experience though, I have found that with Rockbox, the bass EQ tends to distort more than the mid and high frequency EQ

You can prevent that though....not only by using ReplayGain, but also in the ReplayGain menu there is an option for "prevent clipping" that you can enable.

Jun 22, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #255 of 402
Thanks!

- I've looked around and it looks like the 64 gb card may work but only if you reformat to FAT32. Has anyone done this, and does it work? Can you do this with a PC? (I've seen some comments that it may be difficult to reformat with a PC. If so, what if I use formatting software like this: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/  ? )

- Also, does the Zip have on-the-fly playlist capability (orig OS or Rockboxed)?

- Can you delete songs from it without using a computer? (I was surprised that my Sonys could not do this.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back